The UFC fight purses are pathetic...

making a quarter million to do what you love for less than half an hour is more than an american dream. I think high end boxing purses have raised a bar that isnt even there

You speak from a perspective of ignorance.

Training camps are expensive so is travelling to multiple hemispheres for 2 fights, only 1 of which he was paid for.

You speak from a perspective of ignorance.

Training camps are expensive so is travelling to multiple hemispheres for 2 fights, only 1 of which he was paid for.

hemispheres lol. dont balloon your point with words.

And that's always been an ignorant argument. Viacom doesn't invest much in Bellator, never have. If they did, then Bellator could really compete with the UFC.
"Let's dump all our resources into directly competing with the established frontrunner instead of slowly building up our brand sensibly, like everyone else who has tried, failed and been bought out by the UFC"
They're slowly buying established names from the UFC. They aren't trying to be the next Elite XC/Strikeforce/etc

"Let's dump all our resources into directly competing with the established frontrunner instead of slowly building up our brand sensibly, like everyone else who has tried, failed and been bought out by the UFC"
They're slowly buying established names from the UFC. They aren't trying to be the next Elite XC/Strikeforce/etc

People been saying that since they bought a stake in 2011. Viacom is never going to put enough of an investment in Bellator to compete with the UFC. They could have done it from day one. They didn't and won't. So saying that Bellator can afford to pay more for fighters because of Viacom is just not an argument because they aren't putting nearly enough money into the organization to do that.

I wonder if the top 4 guys got PPV points?

Viacom is never going to put enough of an investment in Bellator to compete with the UFC. They could have done it from day one. They didn't and won't. So saying that Bellator can afford to pay more for fighters because of Viacom is just not an argument because they aren't putting their full resources into it.

So it's absurd that the UFC is losing people due to pay yet that's exactly what seems to be happening with established names going to Bellator when they clearly have the backing to do so? What kind of figures do you have to prove that Bellator isn't being backed properly?

It's actually wild to me that Holloway and Israel/Gastelum took all that brain damage to pocket $350k. I mean Christ, KG only got $150k for that war. Hope they're getting paid in bonuses because those two fights were wild

Poliana's 50k turns into almost 200k reais in Brazil.

If she fights the average 3 times a year, she is a millionaire in two years.

$46,800 is the average yearly income.

mind you these inflated numbers generally dont consider taxes or cost of living in the more highly populated areas.

the real point here is these poor fighters make more than a tenured teacher, fire fighter, police officer and professors combined annual income within three months

So it's absurd that the UFC is losing people due to pay yet that's exactly what seems to be happening with established names going to Bellator when they clearly have the backing to do so? What kind of figures do you have to prove that Bellator isn't being backed properly?

Look at the fighter salaries for Bellator events. Do you think they would be paying so little if Viacom was investing all this money in the organization? Or the Viacom suits would allow them to pay such a pittance to the fighters and keep the money being poured in? Bellator's revenue is a joke to the UFC.

Look at the fighter salaries for Bellator events. Do you think they would be paying so little if Viacom was investing all this money in the organization? Or the Viacom suits would allow them to pay such a pittance to the fighters and keep the money being poured in? Bellator's revenue is a joke to the UFC.
So you have no numbers and you're telling me to do your work for you. And you still haven't answered why it's so ridiculous that established names are jumping ship.

So you have no numbers and you're telling me to do your work for you. And you still haven't answered why it's so ridiculous that established names are jumping ship.

It's the opposite. You are implying Viacom has invested enough to make Bellator competitive with the UFC. That's just absurd. Where is the evidence of that?

It's ridiculous that the UFC would allow any world-class fighters to leave the UFC for another organization due to money given how much they have in comparison. Bellator/ONE/Rizin etc should never, ever be able to outbid the UFC.

It's the opposite. You are implying Viacom has invested enough to make Bellator competitive with the UFC. That's just absurd.
Wrong. I'm saying Viacom has the financial muscle to match contracts the UFC offers. Just because they can doesn't mean they do or should except in specific cases, i.e. established former UFC fighters

It's ridiculous that the UFC would allow any world-class fighters to leave the UFC for another organization due to money given how much they have in comparison. Bellator/ONE/Rizin etc should never, ever be able to outbid the UFC.
You clearly don't understand business if you think dumping all your money/resources will immediately make you a frontrunner in any endeavor. What happened to Elite XC? And Strikeforce?

Bingo.

He's obviously is one of those sherdoggers saying stupid shit to spark an argument for some attention.

says the sherdogger who went out of his way to use two quotes, and still post nothing of substance aside from 'bingo'

Back