• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The injury wasn't really accidental

Is there training footage of Ortega training with resistance bands? Because that is the only way to rebuild stability in a shoulder prone to subluxing.

if he did have a bad shoulder he should have avoided having his arm isolated by a less decorated grappler.

If a fighter gets injured trying to escape a submission, then it's a successful submission. Yair gets credit as far as I'm concerned. It's not much different than someone injuring themselves when you check a kick.

Screen Shot 2022-07-16 at 6.38.37 PM.jpg
If it was a tight arm bar Yair would have been credited with a submission attempt. The armbar wasn't tight. It wasn't even an arm bar. Just because he grabbed the wrist and shifted his hips doesn't make it an armbar. Both fighters have indicated as much.

I call it an armbar because everyone knows what that is, what he had was a basic armbar set up but his hip up high onto the shoulder joint, if those hips weren't intentionally high, Ortega would have gotten out easy, so the point I"m making is that Yair earned the TKO because he deliberately raised his hips up high, which makes it hard to pull out, and when Ortega did, he paid the price.

Look at the photo, look how high those hips are, that locks in the shoulder making it difficult to escape, and to do so has risks.

Last edited:
View attachment 932968

I call it an armbar because everyone knows what that is, what he had was a basic armbar set up but his hip up high onto the shoulder joint, if those hips weren't intentionally high, Ortega would have gotten out easy, so the point I"m making is that Yair earned the TKO because he deliberately raised his hips up high, which makes it hard to pull out, and when Ortega did, he paid the price.

Look at the photo, look how high those hips are, that locks in the shoulder making it difficult to escape, and to do so has risks.

C0CA5181-052C-412D-BFD0-FCA2504E7BA2.png

Is this all because gamblers want the result changed to a sub?

How often do we see fights end due to shoulders popping out?

It was clearly a fluke, and it was not a submission.

People just dislike Ortega. I don't even like him either lol.

How often do we see fights end due to shoulders popping out?

It was clearly a fluke, and it was not a submission.

People just dislike Ortega. I don't even like him either lol.
it was as much as a submission as frank mir breaking sylvia's arm (not elbow)

they dont happen often, but they do happen.
it was no fluke, and a clearly a submission win for Yair

not the first time, someone has an alternate location break due to submission.

it was as much as a submission as frank mir breaking sylvia's arm (not elbow)

they dont happen often, but they do happen.
it was no fluke, and a clearly a submission win for Yair

not the first time, someone has an alternate location break due to submission.

It's not a legit comparison. The submission was barely there. His shoulder dislocated because he tried to pull his arm out, not because of the pressure Yair was putting on the shoulder.

I don't even want a rematch and I'm fine with calling Yair the legit winner, but it was a fluke and it wasn't a submission.

It's not a legit comparison. The submission was barely there. His shoulder dislocated because he tried to pull his arm out, not because of the pressure Yair was putting on the shoulder.
shit was deep
View attachment 932968

multiple angles, even one with ortega grabbing his OWN arm trying to preserve it.

the armbar attempt caused it, no question about it

I don't even want a rematch and I'm fine with calling Yair the legit winner, but it was a fluke and it wasn't a submission.
this.

Back