The hilarity that is the Crypto.com payout

LOL! I completely forgot they gave Crypto bonuses. Was/Is that still a thing? I remember them talking about it once or maybe a couple of times after the deal was struck but never again. Did they continue that for more than a couple of events?

They have to pay taxes on the value of the bitcoin when they won too, if it crashed to near zero they would lose money on the deal.

maryland_gaming_tables_roulette_800x536.ashx

"Told ya it was gonna land on 36 soon. Bet ya feel stupid now, don't ya?"

LOL! I completely forgot they gave Crypto bonuses. Was/Is that still a thing? I remember them talking about it once or maybe a couple of times after the deal was struck but never again. Did they continue that for more than a couple of events?

The last I heard was when Crypto shafted a bunch of fighters:

The last I heard was when Crypto shafted a bunch of fighters:

Fighters should have taken rebook coupons instead.
All the advertising they do for crypto for free is hilarious.

Hi, BTC was around 17-18k when you made this post, its now at over 45K. What you got to say about that GOATtalks?
It lost 5% from the time of your post, proving it’s a highly speculative volatile investment and not a currency. It’s still way off its peak value and it has no real world use. You can’t buy shit with it and it’s not good for storing value either. Crypto’s are a scam for the most part, same as NFT’s and Metaverse

Fair enough mate, we could go back and forth for years lol.

It lost 5% from the time of your post, proving it’s a highly speculative volatile investment and not a currency. It’s still way off its peak value and it has no real world use. You can’t buy shit with it and it’s not good for storing value either. Crypto’s are a scam for the most part, same as NFT’s and Metaverse
Bitcoin was up 156% in 2023. It's up 43% so far in 2024. Do you think Bitcoin is still a scam?

Bitcoin was up 156% in 2023. It's up 43% so far in 2024. Do you think Bitcoin is still a scam?
Ever heard of tulip mania? Bitcoin is entirely driven in value by the greater fool theory. It's not even at its all time high and will definitely go higher in price, doesn't mean it isn't a scam.

Ever heard of tulip mania? Bitcoin is entirely driven in value by the greater fool theory. It's not even at its all time high and will definitely go higher in price, doesn't mean it isn't a scam.
"Doesn't mean it isn't a scam."
That's what many people on here keep saying. I think the U.S. dollar and other paper currencies are the scam. That's why I need to protect myself with bitcoin and other things that protect me from inflation. I think you have it all wrong. The paper currencies are the scam. The worst ones in Venezuela, Lebanon, Argentina, Syria, Turkey, Sudan etc.... make this very clear. We can agree to disagree.

Woke up this morning to see that Bitcoin is down below $20,000. The first time in two years. Then I remembered the Crypto.com deal and the bonuses for 3 fighters each PPV.

Since April for UFC 273 BTC has fallen 50%. Khamzat got the 1st place prize of $30,000 which has now already depreciated in half over the course of only 3 months. Francis Ngannou reportedly got paid half of his $600,000 showing at UFC 270 paid in Bitcoin. If he kept all that in BTC to this day, just 5 months later, he would have turned $300,000 into $170,000.

So, how are all these athletes and organizations that tried jumping on the Bitcoin Bandwagon feeling right about now? I started dabbling after the new year this year with small numbers and I've been mining a very minimal amount which I'm considering just dropping all together. Bitcoin was sold to everyone by the yes men of crypto to be the solution against fiat currencies and hedge against inflation, the stock market, politics, and all that crap. The S&P is only down 25% while BTC is down 50%.
sounds like you dont really get how econmoics works.

sounds like you dont really get how econmoics works.
by the end of the week Bitcoin probably makes an all-time high. That will begin these types screaming bubble, bubble, tulip mania, tulip mania etc.... When it gets done with this run at between 100-250k, it might drop back down to 70k and they say how it's down 20-30-40% etc... It's fun watching people refuse to be a part of the biggest thing and the most important investment you can make. It actually solves a very important problem (inflation protection/money/store of value). If you are invested in bitcoin or other cryptos, congrats on your success!

"Doesn't mean it isn't a scam."
That's what many people on here keep saying. I think the U.S. dollar and other paper currencies are the scam. That's why I need to protect myself with bitcoin and other things that protect me from inflation. I think you have it all wrong. The paper currencies are the scam. The worst ones in Venezuela, Lebanon, Argentina, Syria, Turkey, Sudan etc.... make this very clear. We can agree to disagree.
I fully agree paper currency is a scam for what it's worth, it's all a made up system with no more legitimacy than blockchain based currencies except the fact that it's recognised as such. I don't wish anyone ill and hope the bottom doesn't fall out of bitcoin as people have a lot riding on it but I really think it will at some point. Most crypto fanatics are like cult members.

It actually solves a very important problem (inflation protection/money/store of value). If you are invested in bitcoin or other cryptos, congrats on your success!
Only for as long as the true believers continue to believe. It has zero intrinsic value.

by the end of the week Bitcoin probably makes an all-time high. That will begin these types screaming bubble, bubble, tulip mania, tulip mania etc.... When it gets done with this run at between 100-250k, it might drop back down to 70k and they say how it's down 20-30-40% etc... It's fun watching people refuse to be a part of the biggest thing and the most important investment you can make. It actually solves a very important problem (inflation protection/money/store of value). If you are invested in bitcoin or other cryptos, congrats on your success!
I'm one of those people who work in tech, that knew about it fromt he start and said "that's stupid" but i've come around to understand that something can become valuable if value is given to it, much like gold or any other store of value.

I wasn't enlightened enough to see it when i was young but Bitcoins protection against modern inflation makes it an invaluable tool for keeping your money. Fiat currency will run thru your hands like water in this economy. The interest rates at the banks go high and higher your money becomes worth less and less.

Back