THE BIG SHORT (Wins Producers Guild Award, Leads Oscar Race)

If you have seen THE BIG SHORT, how would you rate it?

• Total voters

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
January 13, 2015

Brad Pitt, Ryan Gosling and Christian Bale to Star in THE BIG SHORT

Brad-Pitt-Ryan-Gosling-Christian-Bale-Dragonlord.jpg

Brad Pitt, Christian Bale and Ryan Gosling are teaming up for Plan B and Paramount’s adaptation of a Michael Lewis best-seller.

The three actors are in various stages of talks to star in The Big Short, the adaptation of Lewis’ chronicle (full title: The Big Short: Inside the Doomsday Machine) of the housing and credit bubbles of the 2000s that led to the 2007-08 global financial crisis.

Pitt and his Plan B shingle are producing Big Short, which has a script by Adam McKay. McKay is expected to direct the drama, although there is no timetable yet. Pitt, who also brought Lewis' Moneyball to the big screen is producing and has enlisted Bale and Gosling to star.

The project is not expected to be Bale's next, though it is still unclear what the Oscar winner is currently eyeing. He was poised to play the late Steve Jobs for an untitled project that was originally set up at Sony (it was eventually put in turnaround and picked up by Universal). He also is attached to star in Fox's The Deep Blue Goodbye. Gosling is currently shooting The Nice Guys, which Shane Black is directing for Warner Bros.

Brad Pitt, Ryan Gosling and Christian Bale to Star in 'The Big Short'

Shit, those three in a film together is bound to be good. Ima see this for sure.

Tickets sales will be 99% women, 1% non heterosexuals.

why are they glamorizing banksters by having these dreamy actors play them?

why are they glamorizing banksters by having these dreamy actors play them?

Big Short isn't about bankers. The main characters are hedge fund guys who realized that the banks were packaging crappy subprime mortgages as CDOs and shorted them to make a big buck.

Not heroes by any means, but they weren't responsible for the crash.

You could already hear the panties dropping all over America.

Ooh, we haven't see Tyler Durden on Wall Street, yet!

Tickets sales will be 99% women, 1% non heterosexuals.

Pretty much what i thought.
This is the reason behind this casting.

Women will drag their boyfriends, husbands and other girlfriends to the movie.

And they won't care too much even if it's boring.

Lol @ all the insecure dudes itt.

hahah this

ill see any film that christian bale is in....i dont see him as the "Dreamy" type anyway....from what i thought, he is considered one of the few "guys' guy" actors in the industry

brad pitt had his heart throb days....but i still give his movies a chance, i think he is a good actor

ok...ryan gosling is the chick magnet these days, ill admit that...but he is a pretty good actor as well

im just glad they didnt cast Leonardo dicaprio.....no question he has skills and the resume...but when i see a leo flick, i just think "oh it's leonardo dicaprio pretending to be __________________________"

I just can't decide who is the most handsome of the three and this fact is filling me with a nameless dread.

Here's another heartthrob joining the cast...

Back