The 3 best BJJ fighters of all time are now...

I really hate comments like this. You don't just wake up one day and know striking. It takes just as much time if not more to perfect your striking game as it does your BJJ game and then there's wrestling to worry about too in MMA.

Very, very few people have high levels of both and even then they tend to favor one over the other. No one - no one - in the UFC is a master of striking, BJJ and wrestling all at once. Not Anderson, not GSP. It's not the nature of a MMA champion to be, it's their nature to have a high level of competency at all areas and shine in one.

You obviously misunderstood me so i'll disregard your comment.

Jacare is getting to the point where he can keep the fight standing if he wants.
Vinny is a pure BJJ practioner (My favourite submission magician)
Maia is a pure BJJ practioner.
Roger Gracie is a pure BJJ practioner.

How is Robert Drysdale not up there in the mix with those 3?

He hasn't had great MMA success yet but neither has Roger Gracie.

Roger has fought tougher comp and is most likely coming to the UFC soon.

God, there are some truly pissy little bitches on here who love nothing more than to leap on anyone who has the stones to make a thread and shout 'Thread Fail' rather than engage with what the guy is saying. So you're not going to be excited about the possibility of Maia, Jacare and Gracie fighting in the same organization then? That's the issue of the thread, not the fucking title. Clean the sand out of your clam, grow up a bit, and then discuss the subject without being an internet kid bore.

Of course I'm excited for Jacare and Gracie coming to the UFC. But that wasn't the point of the thread, and it certainly wasn't the focal point, as exhibited by the thread title.

And you owe me an apology: while my response may have been a bit childish at the end, it was neither inflammatory or offensive like yours was, sir.

Damian Maia is not one of the 3 best grapplers of all time

Jorge Patino beat Jacare in a MMA bout and Nick Diaz subbed Jorge Patino in a ADCC bout.

Nick Diaz, best BJJ fighter on the planet. You heard it here first folks.

YOBO!

Edit: On a real note, I don't see the fights between these fighters as being exciting if it hits the ground. I see one maintaining top position and the other stalling them out to a boring UD win for the person on top. Could be wrong though.

He ducked Braulio...YOBO!

Really?

Have you ever seen anyone be able to keep Jardine down for more than 10 seconds? Gracie did for 2 full rounds.

He will have plenty of success, especially once he gets use to fighting at 185....

Sad day when Jardine becomes a measuring stick for anything. By now people should know that technique alone isn't enough. Gracie isn't the most athletic guy in the division.

Of course I'm excited for Jacare and Gracie coming to the UFC. But that wasn't the point of the thread, and it certainly wasn't the focal point, as exhibited by the thread title.

And you owe me an apology: while my response may have been a bit childish at the end, it was neither inflammatory or offensive like yours was, sir.

Yes and yes it was. Call whoever you want the best BJJ fighters to come over, but the point still stands the same.

Fuck off. He doesn't owe you shit.

Yes and yes it was. Call whoever you want the best BJJ fighters to come over, but the point still stands the same.

Fuck off. He doesn't owe you shit.

Why are you so mad? The OP was nothing more than just pictures and wrong information. And clearly, based on the posts, my way of thinking is in the majority.

This place really is just doing downhill ... And yes, you owe me an apology, too. We're here to to discuss and debate MMA, which is what I did. You're just being a jerk.

I have Maia first then Werdum then Vinny M. Werdum over Vinny since werdum did beat Vinny in a bjj match.

Why are you so mad? The OP was nothing more than just pictures and wrong information. And clearly, based on the posts, my way of thinking is in the majority.

This place really is just doing downhill ... And yes, you owe me an apology, too. We're here to to discuss and debate MMA, which is what I did. You're just being a jerk.

Dry your eyes. You're getting no apologies from anyone. Your infantile sniping is what drags the forum down, silly children desperate to be the first to shout 'Thread Fail' rather than focus on what the OP is actually about. You can keep debating whether or not whoever is a top 3 BJJ fighters, the rest of us can talk about how those guys may do, who they may face, where they can go, and speculate if they'll ever face each other and how it would go if they did. Happy Sniping!

Lets get totally obnoxious and utter the phrase

"Pound for pound"

Ronnie Yaya

Maia is not top 3 all time bjj. He's awesome, but he could never be ahead of Marcelo Garcia.

Dry your eyes. You're getting no apologies from anyone. Your infantile sniping is what drags the forum down, silly children desperate to be the first to shout 'Thread Fail' rather than focus on what the OP is actually about. You can keep debating whether or not whoever is a top 3 BJJ fighters, the rest of us can talk about how those guys may do, who they may face, where they can go, and speculate if they'll ever face each other and how it would go if they did. Happy Sniping!

LOL - clearly you haven't read most of the other posts stating that they disagree with the TS' opinion of who the top three BJJ fighters are. And I definitely added to the debate with an opinion and facts to back up my claim. All you did was bitch and moan about bitching and moaning.

And how could I be the first to throw out a thread fail if I quoted someone else who posted the same sentiments as me well before I ever posted?

Again, more proof this place is going downhill. Mean what you say and say what you mean.

Under 1 roof. Think about that for a second.

With the legendary matches these 3 have had with eachother, it would make a ton of exciting MMA fights.

demian-maia-bjj.jpg

ronaldo-jacare-souza_display_image.jpg

Roger-Gracie-BJJ.jpg

Roger Gracie is pretty good, but his standup is extremely questionable

See the King Mo fight as a classic example

Back