The 3 best BJJ fighters of all time are now...

eternal403

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Under 1 roof. Think about that for a second.

With the legendary matches these 3 have had with eachother, it would make a ton of exciting MMA fights.

demian-maia-bjj.jpg

ronaldo-jacare-souza_display_image.jpg

Roger-Gracie-BJJ.jpg

It will be very interesting to see Gracie, and Jacare unleashed in the division.

Maia is already making noise at WW. It's a good time to be a BJJ fan.

I dont see Roger gracie having much success in the UFC unfortunately.

Unfortunately what we'll end up seeing is their crappy kick boxing after they fail to get the fight to the ground.

I dont see Roger gracie having much success in the UFC unfortunately.

Really?

Have you ever seen anyone be able to keep Jardine down for more than 10 seconds? Gracie did for 2 full rounds.

He will have plenty of success, especially once he gets use to fighting at 185....

Unfortunately what we'll end up seeing is their crappy kick boxing after they fail to get the fight to the ground.

They seem to be pretty damn good at getting people to the ground. And Jacare's striking is really coming along.

Jorge Patino beat Jacare in a MMA bout and Nick Diaz subbed Jorge Patino in a ADCC bout.

Nick Diaz, best BJJ fighter on the planet. You heard it here first folks.

YOBO!

Edit: On a real note, I don't see the fights between these fighters as being exciting if it hits the ground. I see one maintaining top position and the other stalling them out to a boring UD win for the person on top. Could be wrong though.

If Gracie can dramatically improve his stand-up, he could do big things. Jacare is already a beast and seems to improve every fight. Maia has done a great job bringing his stand-up to a respectable level, giving opponents another thing to think about. Can't wait to see Jacare jump in the mix though, he could beat nearly anyone in the top ten on a given night.

I hate stupid comments like these. They're crossing over from 2 totally different sports. It's like expecting Tyrone to tap a BB. All things considered, Jacare's striking has come a VERY long way, Roger has amazzing takedowns, and Maia is rounding out his game pretty well.

Really?

Have you ever seen anyone be able to keep Jardine down for more than 10 seconds? Gracie did for 2 full rounds.

He will have plenty of success, especially once he gets use to fighting at 185....

Gracie will be able to take a few lower guys down and tap em, but I dont see him being able to take the top 10 guys down. And on the feet, it will get ugly for him especially if he gasses.

I didn't forget them, just these 3 are generally thought of as the Anderson, GSP and Fedor of the BJJ world.

Maia is not in the top 3 in the world. You forgot Gracia.
Plus they are the best in Gi grappling.

Vinny and Werdum are No Gi grapplers and some of the best in the world.
No Gi is more like MMA grappling.

I would take Vinny over Maia in a MMA grappling match.

EDIT: Jacare and Roger are boss and are just as good in No Gi though. Vinny and Werdum still would be able to handle their own.

Really?

I seen Wandy put him on the ground for a while :wink:

I didn't forget them, just these 3 are generally thought of as the Anderson, GSP and Fedor of the BJJ world.

Marcelo Garcia? Romulo Barral? Braulio Estima? Xande Ribeiro? Rafael Mendes? Bruno Malfacine? Rodolfo Vieira?

Marcelo Garcia? Romulo Barral? Braulio Estima? Xande Ribeiro? Rafael Mendes? Bruno Malfacine?

Maia is not in the top 3 in the world. You forgot Gracia.
Plus they are the best in Gi grappling.

Vinny and Werdum are No Gi grapplers and some of the best in the world.
No Gi is more like MMA grappling.

I would take Vinny over Maia in a MMA grappling match.

I'm well aware of their status. I never implied, or thought they weren't what they were.

I said fighters. I thought this was obvious...

Ehm, you said that you were talking about the BJJ world.

Yes... but in regards to my OP which was about their jump to the MMA world. Do I really have to spell put each post?

EDIT: I also want to point out that they are not my thoughts on who the best is, just who is generally thought of as the best to have made the cross over to MMA

Before anyone gets an other stupid assumtions, I do not rank Fedor as one of the top 3 of all time either. He's just, again, like the rest... generally thought of as one.

Maia definitely isn't a top 3 BJJ player or BJJ based MMA fighter of all time or currently.

Back