The 3 best BJJ fighters of all time are now...

I'm well aware of their status. I never implied, or thought they weren't what they were.

I said fighters. I thought this was obvious...

Well then you forgot Vinny and Werdum if that's the case and if you're going to include Maia...

Gracie will be able to take a few lower guys down and tap em, but I dont see him being able to take the top 10 guys down. .

Ok, when you enter the top 10 do you suddenly get the ability to NOT be taken down and submitted?

This guy took down Trevor Prangley like it was nothing, and he's going to have trouble taking down the likes of Belcher, Stann, Belfort, Boetsch, etc?

I'd revise your theory there.

And on the feet, it will get ugly for him especially if he gasses

Of course it will....Thankfully he doesn't have to stay there, and on the ground he's more dangerous than anyone on their feet.

Really?

Have you ever seen anyone be able to keep Jardine down for more than 10 seconds? Gracie did for 2 full rounds.

He will have plenty of success, especially once he gets use to fighting at 185....

Jardine is over the hill. Not really a valid argument.

In the OP's defense, he did say BJJ fighters.

Marcelo is not a MMA fighter. Those gloves are a bitch.

Jardine is over the hill. Not really a valid argument.

So he suddenly doesn't have great TD defense, and ability to get back up anymore when he fights Gracie? Did his sub defense go over the hill too?

Gracie can have plenty of success at MW. His one loss is to a nightmare matchup at LHW.

Under 1 roof. Think about that for a second.

With the legendary matches these 3 have had with eachother, it would make a ton of exciting MMA fights.

demian-maia-bjj.jpg

ronaldo-jacare-souza_display_image.jpg

Roger-Gracie-BJJ.jpg

I think Jacare would beat both of them in an MMA fight. He's got far better stand up than the other two and seems to be picking up a little bit of power. I think he'd also be able to keep the fight standing as well.

It'll be great to see Jacare and Gracie shake things up at 185 in UFC!

I think Jacare would beat both of them in an MMA fight. He's got far better stand up than the other two and seems to be picking up a little bit of power. I think he'd also be able to keep the fight standing as well.

It'll be great to see Jacare and Gracie shake things up at 185 in UFC!

Agreed. Jacare would probably be a fairly large favorite, but I would still like to see either fight. I think the closest we're getting for the next while is Fitch/Maia.

Under 1 roof. Think about that for a second.

With the legendary matches these 3 have had with eachother, it would make a ton of exciting MMA fights.

demian-maia-bjj.jpg

ronaldo-jacare-souza_display_image.jpg

Roger-Gracie-BJJ.jpg

Oh by the way he's 23 and beat Braulio Estima.
This is the best BJJ practioner at the moment. If he came into MMA and knew striking... damn he'd be a monster.

Rodolfo-Vieira.jpg

^ Cool story, bro. Let me know when he becomes an MMA fighter. Till then, post his picture somewhere else.

Back