That Netflix Aaron Hernandez Doc is Insane

Pretty engaging doc. First two EPs really well made and kept me hooked. Third one went off the rails a bit. Needed some of this:
dd1.gif

My personal feel is the guy was a true sociopath. 100% chaotic neutral in D&D terms. Those taped prison phone conversations were fucking strange, especially how immediately he seemed to accept being in there.
Might've just been editting by the doc producers but they seemed overall pretty sympathetic to him so I am not sure.
A fun ride.

Watched it and believe he committed the other 2 murders as well. Probably shot his mate in the face to. From the phone calls from jail he didnt seem to bothered he was there.

Was always going to get caught for the lloyd murder, it was near his house and lloyd already suspected something was up and messaged his bird who he was with. How can you only delete partial cctv footage at your home and not all of it lol.

It's possible that the system uses multiple files across multiple drives. THey could be raid striped which allow for one disk to fail. Who knows, but wiping them may not be as easy as you think.

I haven't seen the documentary yet but will watch.

One thing to remember about all of these high profile Netflix documentaries is that they have an incentive to push a narrative that says "hey, you didn't know about this!!". They are usually real facts pertaining to the case but not as important as the film makers make them out to be.

A guy he got into an argument at a bar in college was shot and the coaches suspected he was involved but covered it up IIRC. It was widely known he was gang member.
Apparently not widely known since Michigan and Notre Dame both recruited him.

Not sure about murder statistics.

There’s a myth going around that NFL players die young, they actually tend to out live other people income adjusted and have a reduced risk of suicide. They have an increased risk of death from neurological disease but it doesn’t overcome the positive cardiovascular health benefits of playing the game;

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S000291491103387X

As far as murderers go, apparently the murder rate in the USA is 5/100,000.

27,000 people have played in the NFL and to my knowledge 2 have committed murders.

Very small sample size to deduce anything but that works out as about 8/100,000. Slightly higher than the national average.

Oscar Pistorius also committed murder despite being a track athlete.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sportspeople_convicted_of_crimes

Wiki isn’t the greatest source but gives a start on list of criminals in various sports.

from this list NFL Murderers: Aaron Hernandez, Tommy Kane, Eric Naposki, Robert Rozier, Anthony Smith,........OJ. There’s also OJ’s former Bills teammate https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Dunaway that had a very similar story to OJ’s just a few short years after his trial that I don’t recall hearing anything about until the Crime in Sports podcast covered him.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_professional_sportspeople_convicted_of_crimes

Wiki isn’t the greatest source but gives a start on list of criminals in various sports.

from this list NFL Murderers: Aaron Hernandez, Tommy Kane, Eric Naposki, Robert Rozier, Anthony Smith,........OJ. There’s also OJ’s former Bills teammate https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Dunaway that had a very similar story to OJ’s just a few short years after his trial that I don’t recall hearing anything about until the Crime in Sports podcast covered him.

Fair enough, looks like there's a bunch of aggressive personalities playing in the NFL, I've also seen reports that the domestic violence rate is higher in the NFL as well.

Not convinced CTE is causing that though or that CTE is ravaging NFL players like the bubonic plague.

It's possible that the system uses multiple files across multiple drives. THey could be raid striped which allow for one disk to fail. Who knows, but wiping them may not be as easy as you think.

I haven't seen the documentary yet but will watch.

One thing to remember about all of these high profile Netflix documentaries is that they have an incentive to push a narrative that says "hey, you didn't know about this!!". They are usually real facts pertaining to the case but not as important as the film makers make them out to be.

You're thinking of mirrored RAID, right?

Guy was clearly a scumbag. Those prison phone calls shows it. Also shows he prob had an IQ of 75. His family was shitty too. His mom begging him for money.

i know some corrections officers in MA and I heard he was doing random drugs in there. Those prob fucked him up. And some idiot gives him the idea to kill himself to help his family.

Go watch the rugby World Cup
We play tackle football in the street as kids, but you think American football players aren't tough. Do you or have you played either one of these sports? I've played them both and you're an idiot.

A guy he got into an argument at a bar in college was shot and the coaches suspected he was involved but covered it up IIRC. It was widely known he was gang member.
you said well before college though

RIP Junior Seau . CTE is scary. I wonder how many current players or recently retired might end up with it out of nowhere.

Rae Carruth needs to be on that list

Watch first two episodes

phone calls say it all

he gave 0 fucks brain damage or not

his girl was annoyed at the situation and this dumb fuck hangs up like he has something better to do on the person raising his kid alone hiding murder weapons.

Rae Carruth needs to be on that list
He’s on the wiki list but the people I listed had actual murder conviction on their record which he doesn’t. He’s a total shitbag for sure.

He’s on the wiki list but the people I listed had actual murder conviction on their record which he doesn’t. He’s a total shitbag for sure.

He's the worst of them all , heinous crime , can't believe that dirtbag is out walking the streets .

Losing his dad and his insecurities about being outed about his sexuality seemed just as big of a factor as the CTE as to why he became so paranoid and unhinged

There doesn't seem to be any real motive presented in the doc for the actual Lloyd murder there.

Wasnt it said that he killed Lloyd because he was talking with people associated with someone he killed previously?

I had the flu when watching, mind is hazy

Been fascinated by the story from day one.

Its always crazy when somebody who seemingly has it all cant stop themselves from ruining their own life.

It's almost always a deadly cocktail of genetic/biological and environmental factors as was seemingly the case here.

We'll never know why he murdered Odin Lloyd. You can't blame it on an impulse because he planned it out.

I have a buddy like this. Its truly fascinating. He ends up getting fired from every job, fam hates him, been arrested multiple times for DUMBEST shit ever.

I've got so many hilarious stories about him, he will never figure it out. Self destructive to the max.

You're thinking of mirrored RAID, right?

IIRC RAID 4 allows for one disk to fail and RAID 5 two discks can fail. I'll admit, it's been a while since I set up striping across multiple drives. I guess SSD are fast enough that you don't need to write to multiple disks simultaneously to dump real time video.

Back