That Netflix Aaron Hernandez Doc is Insane

Just finished it. Still feel for the dude even in 2020.

The story is a great story, but I thought the documentary was not put together as well as others. Episode 1 was outstanding, but the next 2 episodes really had slow times where it felt like they were rehashing the same shit. The order and timing of content was odd as well. I'd still recommend watching, but I think it would have been a far better documentary if it was just 2 episodes.

I also thought this. Ep 1 and 2 could have easily been merged. Ep 3 was a good length and had good content.

Just imagine how many players out there, college and NFL that the teams have their X-rays and still are allowing them to play due to $$$...

x-rays won't tell you if someone has CTE. There is an experimental PET agent that could image Tau protein (apparently).

The dude most likely was POS regardless of anything else, but CTE since childhood football is a valid point. Many studies have been done on people with a history of violence/serial killers and they almost all have damaged frontal lobes.

Most of those studies are done on people who suffered moderate - severe traumatic brain injury.

I.e were knocked unconscious for at least half an hour and in some cases for over 24 hours.

There’s no data out there correlating sub concussive blows in contact sports with crimes like murder.

If you have a science paper I’d like to see it.

Most of those studies are done on people who suffered moderate - severe traumatic brain injury.

I.e were knocked unconscious for at least half an hour and in some cases for over 24 hours.

There’s no data out there correlating sub concussive blows in contact sports with crimes like murder.

“A football player is more likely to be violent than someone who didn’t play, because of the brain damage. It doesn’t mean every football player will be violent, but there’s an increased risk,” he says. “This is a very inconvenient truth.” Dr. Omalu.

Will Netflix make a Benoit doc? Serious question.

What? Damaged frontal lobes have been known for a while to lead to a lack of self control.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontal_lobe_injury

It doesn't matter how it's damaged.

Everyone should watch Frontline: League of Denial on PBS (it's on the PBS website). They followed a high school football team for season with accelerometers in the helmets. THere were no concussions the entire season yet every player decreased in cognitive function based on pre-- and post-season fMRI scans.

Yikes.

I love his sweet mother. “I told you a million dollars is all I need to be set up for the rest of my life.” LMAO

I love his sweet mother. “I told you a million dollars is all I need to be set up for the rest of my life.” LMAO
his mom is a piece of work she had an affair with the husband of her niece in law who had cancer she didn't have cancer at the time but that is still f'd up.

Oldin's GF went to a gym my friend owned, by the way.
It's too bad that the pretty sister was wasted on a gay guy, but I guess that NFL money buys you a better beard.

What? Damaged frontal lobes have been known for a while to lead to a lack of self control.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontal_lobe_injury

It doesn't matter how it's damaged.

It matters the degree to which it’s damaged.

The Professor here roasts the link between CTE and suicide, I’d guess he has similar views on linking CTE and murder (timestamped);

Phineas Gage mentioned above is a good frame of reference, Guy has a steel rod rammed through his head, hard to compare that to the level of brain damage sustained playing football outside of a freak fall/accident.

Everyone should watch Frontline: League of Denial on PBS (it's on the PBS website). They followed a high school football team for season with accelerometers in the helmets. THere were no concussions the entire season yet every player decreased in cognitive function based on pre-- and post-season fMRI scans.

Yikes.

Most Pro athletes tend to be dumbasses, nevertheless there are exceptions to the rule.

Pro contact sport athletes who are MENSA members (can’t be bothered to go through these individually but I’d guess most started when their age was in the single digits);

Nicky Piper (boxing)

Bobby Czyz (boxing)

Aaron Stark (MMA)

Or who teach/attend Harvard;

Brian Copeland (NFL)

Ryan Fitzpatrick (NFL)

Alex Killorn (NHL)

CTE is scary. The same thing is happening to Antonio Brown before everyone’s eyes. Someone needs to get that guy serious help or else he’s gonna end up the same way. It’s bad when even Drew Rosenhaus says enough is enough.
Flemlo Raps is on this theory as well. Even points out the game that may have triggered the beginning stages of development.

That kind of stuff actually happens quite a bit.

I had a very discreet suck/fuck buddy boyfriend pretty much right from the beginning of freshman year that lasted up through graduation. We were both innately 'straight-passing' jocks, keeping up appearances was the de facto option in our adolescent minds.

It just wasn't worth dealing with the sociocultural stigma and we didn't want to face the family rejection or risk losing our group of friends. There are generally reasons people are closeted, "self-loathing" and/or lash out at and hurt other gay people, that doesn't come from nowhere.
<PlusJuan>

Learn reading comprehension you dumb fuckwit lol

*Edit

Never mind I just seen your "jajajaja" response as laughter in your profile.

English isn't your first language. My bad.
Dont mean to be rude but hows the arsehole holding up.

Not fucking around are you on the mend or what?

Back