Elections Teamsters won't endorse Kamala Harris internal polling shows most members support Donald Trump

White Whale

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

Teamsters won’t endorse in presidential race after releasing internal polling showing most members support Trump

The International Brotherhood of Teamsters declined to endorse a presidential candidate on Wednesday after releasing internal polling that showed a majority of its members supported former President Donald Trump over Vice President Kamala Harris.

It’s the first time in nearly three decades that the union has not endorsed a presidential candidate.

"Unfortunately, neither major candidate was able to make serious commitments to our union to ensure the interests of working people are always put before Big Business,” Teamsters President Sean O’Brien said in a statement. “We sought commitments from both Trump and Harris not to interfere in critical union campaigns or core Teamsters industries – and to honor our members’ right to strike – but were unable to secure those pledges.”

Ahead of the decision, the Teamsters shared internal data showing that a majority of members supported Trump over Harris. According to an electronic member poll that was initiated after President Joe Biden withdrew from the race, about 60% of members believed the union should endorse Trump while 34% supported Harris. About 6% said they supported another candidate.

“It’s a great honor. They’re not going to endorse the Democrats. That’s a big thing,” Trump said during a campaign stop in New York City on Wednesday. “Democrats automatically have the Teamsters. They took a vote, and I guess I was at 60% or more, and that’s a great honor.”

Harris met with Teamsters leaders on Monday. O’Brien had a prime-time speaking slot at this summer’s Republican National Convention but did not appear at the Democratic convention the following month.

This is first time in 30 years the Teamsters won't endorse a presidential candidate.

Not a good sign for the Harris campaign especially in swing states.

HACK HEADLINE: "Teamsters won't endorse Kamala Harris."

REAL HEADLINE: "Teamsters won't endorse either candidate."

Don't forget that the Republicans invited Sean O'Brien from Teamsters to speak at their convention, AND HE DID.

The Republican party has been courting this guy very publicly, but the hack news is "won't endorse Kamala Harris" specifically ROFLMAO

They endorsed Biden last cycle with considerably less support than Trump has here.

So basically, the rule is if the rank and file makes endorsing the democrat look stupid..they just want endorse anybody lol

Corrupt

Nobody with an actual job is going to vote for Kamala. It's either broke government subsidized losers voting for Kamala or people so rich the state of the economy doesn't really matter. This is the first time in forever that the Teamsters aren't endorsing a democrat, because their internal polling was so one sided toward Trump they couldn't do it. Hard working people are tired of the corpse and the whore of babble-on in the White House. Only a couple more months until the worthless democratic party is gone.

They endorsed Biden last cycle with considerably less support than Trump has here.

So basically, the rule is if the rank and file makes endorsing the democrat look stupid..they just want endorse anybody lol

Corrupt

You must surely be pissed off that Trump is going against a Vice President who is seen in some circles as weak, and yet instead of hammering the economy, he's pissing off to Springfield, Ohio because someone told him something about cats...

Jesus Christ, if this guy got his act together and started getting serious maybe he'd have a chance.

But no.

Better to focus on rumours and go on wild goose chases (pun intended) to stoke an already stoked base about immigration...

Sounds right about in line with public discourse in all honestly. Republicans are going to run away with these election. CBS interviewed 3 entire restaurants full of people in Nevada and only found 3 Harris supporters. Maybe after this election Democrats will remember they were elected to serve Americans. Not everyone else.

It matters not. Kamala is going to win. Anyone who thinks otherwise just doesn't realize how far left the American voter has moved in the past 5 or 6 years.

Eventually a Republican will win the presidency again...but things will have to get way worse than they are currently. We're talking Argentina levels of inflation, massive social unrest, and crime on a level we've never seen before. That's the only thing that will motivate more independents to vote for the dark side.

You must surely be pissed off that Trump is going against a Vice President who is seen in some circles as weak, and yet instead of hammering the economy, he's pissing off to Springfield, Ohio because someone told him something about cats...

Jesus Christ, if this guy got his act together and started getting serious maybe he'd have a chance.

But no.

Better to focus on rumours and go on wild goose chases (pun intended) to stoke an already stoked base about immigration...

This thread is about the Teamsters. Where Trump enjoys 60 percent+ support but corrupt leaders won’t do what’s right even though they endorsed Biden with a meager 44 percent. So for the few, it democrat or bust.

And Trump’s numbers on the economy and immigration are dominant. Even in polls with top lines that match the discrepancy in democrats sampled compared to republicans. It’s not our first rodeo with this. We’ll see on Election Day.

And I’m more than fine about Springfield. It should be talked about more in fact. I’m glad everybody is poking fun at the Haitians and I’m glad Trump will be there to show the country who the people of Springfield actually stand behind.

This thread is about the Teamsters. Where Trump enjoys 60 percent+ support but corrupt leaders won’t do what’s right even though they endorsed Biden with a meager 44 percent. So for the few, it democrat or bust.

And Trump’s numbers on the economy and immigration are dominant. Even in polls with top lines that match the discrepancy in democrats sampled compared to republicans. It’s not our first rodeo with this. We’ll see on Election Day.

And I’m more than fine about Springfield. It should be talked about more in fact. I’m glad everybody is poking fun at the Haitians and I’m glad Trump will be there to show the country who the people of Springfield actually stand behind.

<WhatIsThis>

Sounds right about in line with public discourse in all honestly. Republicans are going to run away with these election. CBS interviewed 3 entire restaurants full of people in Nevada and only found 3 Harris supporters. Maybe after this election Democrats will remember they were elected to serve Americans. Not everyone else.
Remind me again, what did Trump do for unions while he was in office?

Remind me again, what did Trump do for unions while he was in office?
They weren't sending their jobs to Mexico amd people actually had money to buy the products they make. I swear some lf you guys are more disenfranchised with the average American voter than Hillary Clinton lmao. Like there is no way @Siver! Lives in America and also believes Trump is so far behind that he has no chance. This man would have to have zero real life interactions for that to be possible.

They weren't sending their jobs to Mexico amd people actually had money to buy the products they make. I swear some lf you guys are more disenfranchised with the average American voter than Hillary Clinton lmao. Like there is no way @Siver! Lives in America and also believes Trump is so far behind that he has no chance. This man would have to have zero real life interactions for that to be possible.
What jobs did Trump not send to Mexico that Biden did? The idea that Trump is pro union is some of the worst political fan fiction I've ever read.

HACK HEADLINE: "Teamsters won't endorse Kamala Harris."

REAL HEADLINE: "Teamsters won't endorse either candidate."

Don't forget that the Republicans invited Sean O'Brien from Teamsters to speak at their convention, AND HE DID.

The Republican party has been courting this guy very publicly, but the hack news is "won't endorse Kamala Harris" specifically ROFLMAO
Its a loss for Harris, which can be perceived as a win for Trump.

Back