Team Hendo not happy with Ronda headlining "Dan and Lyoto paid their dues"

Making 10k a fight, for fighting four random guys in one night, and becoming the champion of not one division....But every division....Is the same or more as what mixed martial artists make today?
Did I say that? No. I said the competition then was awful save for 3 guys at the most. It's called reading comprehension.

And if you watched any of those events, you'd know that in the 1st UFC, Royce fought all first time mixed martial artists, save for Ken Shamrock, including a guy with a boxing glove on! He fought only around 5 minutes in those fights.
So you're a liar? OK, noted.
You're high, aren't you?
Haha...hahahhaa...HAHHAHA....HAHAHAHAHA.... :icon_lol:

You have much to learn Padwan.
Not from someone with the debating skills of a high school dropout...

If Dana really wanted to "pump up" this PPV, he would put Rashad or Shogun on the card, both of whom get way bigger PPV numbers than Lyoto or Henderson ever have. Heck, Shogun vs. Evans sounds like a

If this was Cyborg Vs Ronda that would be a fight I would be hyped about and would probably do fine without hendo/machida.

Machida vs Hendo deserves to be 5 rounds.

If this is a close fight, people are going to cry it wasn't 5 rounds.

For example : Ellenberger vs Sanchez

Haha...hahahhaa...HAHHAHA....HAHAHAHAHA.... :icon_lol:

You have much to learn Padwan.

Pretty sure Phoenix is a downie....... Dude has some whacked logic.....:icon_neut

Fruits, if you haven't noticed....I'm laughing at you. Not debating you.

I have no intention of trying to change your mind, I'm just enjoying your pathetic attempts at trying to insert validity in one of the most obvious cash-grabs in history of MMA.

I bet UFC 157 does more PPV buys than UFC 156 headlined by Aldo vs Edgar.

Ronda is in the first UFC women's title fight, riding an enormous wave of popularity, and likely represents the best chance at a resurgence of women's MMA.

Hendo-Machida is a contender fight, and one that shouldn't even be happening, since Hendo was supposed to fight Jones.

I have no problem with Ronda's fight being the main event.

To pacify the crybabies, UFC could simply make Hendo-Machida a co-main event and a five round fight...

Is it? The fight sucked, and his performance sucked. I think Dana is similarly punishing Henderson for hiding his injury for 3 weeks from everyone.

Also, let's not jump on Cruz losing his belt just yet. If he doesn't fight for over 2 years, then I'll agree with you.

Everybody has a bad fight, that doesn't mean you should punish the fighter. Anderson had a few bad fights and he wasn't stuck on a smaller card.

Cruz just had to go back for surgery again, his body rejected the new acl(I believe) he's not going to be back for awhile at least another 9 months. That's why Barao is fighting McDonald

The only reason I care is that we potentially get screwed out of 2 important rounds. Carmouche has not shown anything that leads me to believe she will make it out of the first round. Whereas everyone knows Machida takes his time, and those 2 rounds could be crucial to the fight.

I dont care about main event status, but fans get screwed out of those rounds.

Who knows man, sex sells!

CarmoucheLinInvcita.jpg

vs

20120303092423_large.JPG

Time to unzip your pants, i guess.

Paying dues dont mean jack shit in the fight game, its entertainment and they will go with what sells. Brock didnt have to pay dues, you know what I mean? But in this case, how many people are really gonna buy this ppv for Ronda? Shes not a big star by any stretch of the imagination. I know Dana wants to introduce her to ufc fans in dramatic fashion, but why not headlining a free card? Or co-main eventing on a ppv, maybe even this one? More fight fans wanna see Machida/Hendo. Hey, if Ronda starts snappin arms in ufc, maybe she will become a big name, but you cant just pretend like she is one already. No matter how bad you wish it to be so

Time to unzip your pants, i guess.

Go google search WMMA. First links, pictures and articles are all about sex and modeling. Most people when discussing WMMA do so under the guise of sexual interest, they don't really give a shit about the chicks fighting.

Everybody has a bad fight, that doesn't mean you should punish the fighter. Anderson had a few bad fights and he wasn't stuck on a smaller card.
I'm not disagreeing with you. I think you're right. However, my post was about my analysis of Barao being stuck on a Fuel TV card (especially if it isn't the Fox Sports Network by then). I think it's ridiculous he's not even on a FX card. I think such a fight would be a solid co-main event or main event for FOX (or the former on PPV) this winter/spring, especially with no football on.
Cruz just had to go back for surgery again, his body rejected the new acl(I believe) he's not going to be back for awhile at least another 9 months. That's why Barao is fighting McDonald
Yeah, but that's not quite a year out.
Machida is.
Out of all the PPV's Jones has defended his title, the one with Machida is by far the lowest selling.

only one of rousey and hendo has ever held a ufc title.

Only one has ever won a fight in the UFC.
There is an argument to made for either side. Henderson and Machida have had much more longevity in the sport and have earned the right to headline but Ronda's fight is for a title and is an historic fight for the UFC.

Ronda is riding the coattails of her female body and looks, she deserves nothing at this point in the UFC and all Dana sees is $$$$$$$$. If there was no $$$$, no WMMA.

I just want to throw out there that she's not good-looking. She is big-boned enough where I might be tempted to say she has "a nice personality." Anyone who gets out on Saturday night sees plenty of better looking women. Average at best, fat at worst. She may look better than Cyborg (who I'm convinced is a dude), but that's probably not her appeal.

UFC 156 has rashad evans a huge draw and the return of the overhyped overeem. It will do a lot better than UFC 157.

I would rather see Dan for 25 minutes knowing that Rhonda will probably win by arm bar in round 1.

Just my opinion

Back