Team Hendo not happy with Ronda headlining "Dan and Lyoto paid their dues"

I just want to throw out there that she's not good-looking. She is big-boned enough where I might be tempted to say she has "a nice personality." Anyone who gets out on Saturday night sees plenty of better looking women. Average at best, fat at worst. She may look better than Cyborg (who I'm convinced is a dude), but that's probably not her appeal.

Search for Ronda Rousey trending articles on Google.

I'm not going to sit here and do everyones homework for them, ffs guys, get out there and educate yourselves.

And you'd be laughed at and mocked all the same. Just saying the UFC needs money to survive isn't a justification, it's just denial as to the real events taking place in favor or using a elementary economic argument.

And yeah, I'm sure you're very tough, you go around to all the bars telling people who don't like WMMA to "go die in a fire", you fucking idiot. Clearly I'm the one who escaped the nuthouse.

Clearly you are. And clearly, I do. Now take my advice and go die in a fire.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I think you're right. However, my post was about my analysis of Barao being stuck on a Fuel TV card (especially if it isn't the Fox Sports Network by then). I think it's ridiculous he's not even on a FX card. I think such a fight would be a solid co-main event or main event for FOX (or the former on PPV) this winter/spring, especially with no football on.

Yeah, but that's not quite a year out.

Out of all the PPV's Jones has defended his title, the one with Machida is by far the lowest selling.

No it's not. Jones Vs Belfort was the worst and machida/jones did about the same as shogun/jones.

Only one has ever won a fight in the UFC.
There is an argument to made for either side. Henderson and Machida have had much more longevity in the sport and have earned the right to headline but Ronda's fight is for a title and is an historic fight for the UFC.
Longevity doesn't mean Hendo will be around long. The dude is 42. He has 6 years, tops, of UFC caliber fighting left in him. Rousey, on the other hand, could fight quite a bit longer.
I bet UFC 157 does more PPV buys than UFC 156 headlined by Aldo vs Edgar.
UFC 157 is a way more stacked card than UFC 158. Heck, Rashad on the co-main event is easily a bigger box office draw than either Hendo or Machida. Just look at the Jones PPV #'s and compare them to Machida's PPV #'s against Jones. Having Overeem on top of that (who is possibly a bigger PPV draw, especially if JDS retains his belt) only helps that argument.

Oh, and Aldo and Edgar both have been around longer, had belts longer, and are much more even than Carmouche and Rousey.

Agreed with Hendos camp. I want to see both matches but the veterans should be headlining for so many reasons

I'm not disagreeing with you. I think you're right. However, my post was about my analysis of Barao being stuck on a Fuel TV card (especially if it isn't the Fox Sports Network by then). I think it's ridiculous he's not even on a FX card. I think such a fight would be a solid co-main event or main event for FOX (or the former on PPV) this winter/spring, especially with no football on.

Yeah, but that's not quite a year out.

I agree 100% on the first part

Cruz hasn't fought since October 2011 he probably wont be back until the end of next year. No reason not to make barao full champ or mcdonald. Especially since the winner will be able to defend the title at least 2 more times

Search for Ronda Rousey trending articles on Google.

I'm not going to sit here and do everyones homework for them, ffs guys, get out there and educate yourselves.

Yeah, I'm sure guys out there are really jerking off to Ronda Rousey.

Yeah, I'm sure guys out there are really jerking off to Ronda Rousey.

ronda-rousey-nude-2-e1579289-sz650x855-animate.png

Nahhhh, her posing naked and taking all these sexual photographs for prestigious magazines has nothing to do with her being attractive!

:)

I just want to throw out there that she's not good-looking. She is big-boned enough where I might be tempted to say she has "a nice personality." Anyone who gets out on Saturday night sees plenty of better looking women. Average at best, fat at worst. She may look better than Cyborg (who I'm convinced is a dude), but that's probably not her appeal.

i think youre looking at it wrong. we live in Southern California...lots of hot women out here (and plenty that weigh under 125).

you have to realize that the average height/weight in America for a male is 5'9/195lbs...the average female is 5'4/166lbs. thats the average!!!!!!!

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/bodymeas.htm

to most of the fatties in America, Ronda IS skinny.

Longevity doesn't mean Hendo will be around long. The dude is 42. He has 6 years, tops, of UFC caliber fighting left in him. Rousey, on the other hand, could fight quite a bit longer.

UFC 157 is a way more stacked card than UFC 158. Heck, Rashad on the co-main event is easily a bigger box office draw than either Hendo or Machida. Just look at the Jones PPV #'s and compare them to Machida's PPV #'s against Jones. Having Overeem on top of that (who is possibly a bigger PPV draw, especially if JDS retains his belt) only helps that argument.

Oh, and Aldo and Edgar both have been around longer, had belts longer, and are much more even than Carmouche and Rousey.

I won't argue against Rashad being a PPV draw. But Lesnar did low Lesnar-numbers with Overeem as his opponent.

And it doesn't matter what Aldo and Edgar have behind them, no one besides hardcore fans care about them.

Edgar had a fantastic title match against Gray Maynard the other year, and you'd think the rematch would have done awesome numbers simply based on word of mouth...and their third match did an absolutely abysmal buyrate. And that PPV had Chael on it too.

Aldo is a fantastic fighter, but he has never ever done great numbers.

If 156 beats 157, it will basically be because of Rashad. But I still think 157 will take it.

Its hard to argue a title belt headlining an event.

The bigger debate in my opinion, is why womens MMA, which is significantly lower skill level than male fights, headlining a ppv event in a professional sports organization.

This isn't to hate on women. They can put on exciting fights and deserve to have a platform to do so. However its also like having the rolling stones open for a high school band.

If UFC is so confident with Ronda headlining don't put Hendo/Machid as the co-mainevent.

No it's not. Jones Vs Belfort was the worst and machida/jones did about the same as shogun/jones.
Okay, you are correct. However, they were all pretty even, and Jones/Belfort was only 35k off.

Regardless, you'd think the Machida card would be a bit higher selling, considering it had Tito Ortiz and Little Nog and a TUF feud resolution between former UFC Champ Frank Mir and former Pride great Big Nog under it.
to most of the fatties in America, Ronda IS skinny.
Agreed. Anyone calling Ronda fat doesn't understand the definition of fat. She has big cheeks, which has nothing to do with her weight; I assume she's part Eastern European (many Eastern Europeans have far out cheekbones). She also doesn't have a high fat amount, and probably has a low body mass index.

I'll be the first to say she isn't attractive to me at all, but dang, let's calm down before we call someone fat.

I don't think they should have Ronda as the main event but I can understand why they are doing it. Women's combat sports haven't ever been a hit in America with basically one exception (Laila Ali and that had little to do with the actual sport) and I can't see that changing with MMA's demographics.

No disrespect but if Hendo or Machida would have won the last time they were in a title fight they would be headlining. If a title fight isn't the main event, it says the belt isn't important.

Back