Team Hendo not happy with Ronda headlining "Dan and Lyoto paid their dues"

if streams didn't exist for ufc ppvs, i would gladly pay cash to watch hendo vs. machida at a bar (where i normally watch fights worth watching) or if im loaded at the time, i'd order it on ppv. dana is a fucking idiot. machida is the most liked light heavyweight fighter and he's fighting a beast dan. now that ronda is fighting on the main event, this epic matchup between 2 of the best LHW in history will have to fight a 3 RD fight instead of 5. FUCK U DANA.

I don't agree with Rousey v. Carmouche headlining at all... nobody even knows who Carmouche is and really no mainstream fan cares about Rousey

Mainstream fans dont care about anyone except megastars like GSP, what's your point?

So do most real mma fans. Only the WWE crowd who casually follow mma are all for this. And the effeminate bitch boys... besides those two groups no fan of mixed martial arts wants wmma main eventing a UFC card...

Team Hendo speaks the truth...

Last edited:
agree with it being the main event

however what hendo's coach saying might be true

rousey can go out there and armbar Liz right away. machidaVShendo has more of a chance to be an epic battle. Rousey fight can really go anyway

Team Hendo has all the right to be upset, but they should understand, considering they are good friends with Chael P. Sonnen.

Team Hendo is bluffing. 3 rounds helps Hendo, they don't want to go 5 with Machida. They know it's already a done deal, so might as well complain and act like you wanted 5.

This is really just more evidence to why Dan was initially cut from the ufc. He had exciting fights and was a draw card yet negotiations must have been sour between him and Dana.

I hope everyone in this thread who has taken a jab at Hendo over this feels like a fucking moron now that he has recently come out and said he's fine with it and looking forwards to the women's bout and all the bitching was from a couple of his coaches.

Regardless of who is a champion and who is not, for the fans, this is a shitty deal; no way Carmouche lasts much longer than Sara Kaufman did who beat Carmouche UD. Machida and Hendo could definitely go 3+ rounds, this is some bullshit plain and simple.

If Rousey can garner them an extra PPV point or two and make their paychecks bigger then I wouldn't complain so much.

She's a champ.

Danny can headline again when he's champ.

She is a champ in Strikeforce, and so is Dan...

I think many people in this thread forgot that Henderson is the undefeated Light-heavyweight Champion of strikeforce.

Hey cool Ronda gets a UFC belt and headlines a PPV cause she was a strikeforce champ

You know who was a strikeforce champ and didn't get a free title shot?
Dan Henderson he fought to earn it and had it taken away in favor of a middleweight coming off a loss.

Even Jake Shields who was on a 14 fight win streak coming into UFC had to earn the top spot.

Meanwhile title fights that makes sense Barao vs McDonald are on Fuel?

Even though there is some flaws to your argument, you've made the best one against Ronda main-eventing I've read. The difference between Ronda and Hendo/Shields was the guys were champs of already established UFC divisions while Ronda's division is being rebranded and moved.

And I agree 100% that Barao/McDonald is PPV worthy but I won't argue seeing it on free TV.

Hendo couldn't drive 25 minutes without passing out, let alone fight for that long.

^funny, and true. I like Dan, but Dan really doesn't want this fight going 25 min. If he can't beat Machida in the first 3, 2 more ain't gonna help him.

agree

what the fuck is this shit...like I've said before...women's mma is literally a freakshow and it has no place overtaking a great fight like hendo vs. machida for a main event...even if it is a title fight

I understand how dan feels cuz I feel the exact same way

fuck...it's like men's and women's basketball...different orgs different events

Barao vs McDonald for an interim belt is not PPV main event worthy. PPV-worthy sure but only as a co-main underneath a real title bout.

agree

what the fuck is this shit...like I've said before...women's mma is literally a freakshow and it has no place overtaking a great fight like hendo vs. machida for a main event...even if it is a title fight

I understand how dan feels cuz I feel the exact same way

fuck...it's like men's and women's basketball...different orgs different events

Dan doesn't feel that way. He said he's cool with being co-main and looking forward to the women's bout.

She's a champ.

Danny can headline again when he's champ.

haha, really? Henderson comes across as the SF LHW Champion, and still hasn't lost but it counts for nothing. Ronda comes over as the womens whatever SF champion, and gets given a UFC belt for nothing so she's more legit?

Good stuff.

Back