Team Hendo not happy with Ronda headlining "Dan and Lyoto paid their dues"

God damn, who let you out of the nuthouse? Mma would still be outlawed today if it didn't provide significant revenue. It's the truth. They did it back in the day as a way to see which fighting style was the best while SELLING IT AS A PRODUCT. Simple business man.

I don't say things online I wouldn't say in person. If that guy said that in person, I'd tell him the same thing.

And you'd be laughed at and mocked all the same. Just saying the UFC needs money to survive isn't a justification, it's just denial as to the real events taking place in favor or using a elementary economic argument.

And yeah, I'm sure you're very tough, you go around to all the bars telling people who don't like WMMA to "go die in a fire", you fucking idiot. Clearly I'm the one who escaped the nuthouse.

Another idiotic comment missing the point and (or) embracing the merchandising of a sport that used to have a somewhat legitimate base. It has nothing to do with the UFC needing money, and everything to do with them whoring products "for" money and not the honor / dignity of the sport. .
Whoring out the product? Dude, it's a fight on PPV! You got to market it! Rousey is more marketable than Henderson and Machida combined! Machida had lower PPV numbers than anyone else Jones fought for the belt. Henderson similarly doesn't draw big. On top of that, it might not even be a #1 contender fight.

Also, when was the UFC "legitimate?" When Randy Couture got 3 title fights out of nowhere? When Brock Lesnar got a title shot after going 1-1? When Chael Sonnen came back after testing positive for a high testosterone level, committing a felony, and getting a title shot in a division he's never won in? Diaz getting a title shot after a loss and a suspension?

Face it man, the UFC, and MMA as a whole, like all fight sports, are more entertainment than sport.
Which is why you have guys like Dan who are pissed, he knows damn well he's having to play second fiddle to some little pooch because Dana likes her ass and thinks he can make a buck. Please get some basic reading comprehension
You tell me to get some reading comprehension despite routinely mentioning the silly argument that Dana is only hyping up Rousey because she's attractive? (even though Gina was way hotter!) Also, objectifying women as a "pooch" makes your argument come across as very sexist (which is what I think it is).

Good move bro. Real classy. Maybe you should get some reading comprehension, or at least learn to make compelling arguments from your head, not fresh out of your butt.

If it wasn't for hendo/machida this would be the lowest selling PPV of the year.

I support WMMA and all but I agree, this is kind of silly
Hendo and Machida are legends and could put on a fight of the year candidate, sure they aren't champs, but they've accomplished a lot more in MMA so far (Hendo especially), Ronda's only got 6 wins proffesionally, even counting her amateaur record she still doesn't hold the stature of Machida or Hendo

as a solution, Hendo/Machida should be the five round co-main event, while Rousey/Carmouche is also a five round main-event, in that case, Hendo+Machida get paid more and a five round fight, Rousey gets to headline and gets a 5 round fight

Realistically Rousey/Tate and the hypothetical Rousey/Cyborg were/would be the only PPV-worthy women's fights at this time. Speaking of Rousey/Tate Strikeforce did a beautiful job promoting that and I definitely would have preferred that as the historic first-ever WMMA UFC main event over the one we're getting.

obviously dans camp is upset he wont be able to display that world class cardio in the 4th and 5th where he traditionally really comes alive!!

You tell me to get some reading comprehension despite routinely mentioning the silly argument that Dana is only hyping up Rousey because she's attractive?

Haha...hahahhaa...HAHHAHA....HAHAHAHAHA.... :icon_lol:

You have much to learn Padwan.

Bullshit, he was making almost 10k (maybe a tiny bit more) per fight and fighting up to 4 people a night. If he beat all four, he'd get like 50-60k.
Okay, but that's still more than most mixed martial artists today. Plus he fought a bunch of fighters who fought in irrelevant mixed martial arts (largely) and had no understanding of a ground game. There were no more than 3 guys he faced in his 1st stint in the UFC who could even survive in the UFC today. Also, he won most of his fights in under 2 minutes because his opponents suck that bad.
That's absurd....With Cruz out for probably another year the interim should be the full Bantamweight championship
Is it? The fight sucked, and his performance sucked. I think Dana is similarly punishing Henderson for hiding his injury for 3 weeks from everyone.

Also, let's not jump on Cruz losing his belt just yet. If he doesn't fight for over 2 years, then I'll agree with you.

For years, I've been telling anyone in my pink padded room who will listen that women should be forced to stay in the kitchen. But no one listened to me and now this has happened. Well, you know what? I'm sorry but I can't do anything about it.

Okay, but that's still more than most mixed martial artists today.

Making 10k a fight, for fighting four random guys in one night, and becoming the champion of not one division....But every division....Is the same or more as what mixed martial artists make today?

So you're a liar? OK, noted.

Hendo had his 2 chances to get a guaranteed headlining spot. Why does he even care? A 5 round fight favors Machida, not Hendo.

They're doing Hendo a massive favour making this a 3 round fight.

Hendo vs Shogun only did about 290,000 PPV buys.

It isn't like Hendo is this big PPV draw.

It is a title fight plain and simple of course it is gonna headline gtfo with this whining bs.

Back