Team Hendo not happy with Ronda headlining "Dan and Lyoto paid their dues"

Hendo couldn't drive 25 minutes without passing out, let alone fight for that long.

Also, he and Machida aren't that big of draws. At best, they are the 4th and 5th biggest LHW draws, behind Jones, Rashad, and Shogun... and that's not including "talk a lotta smack" Sonnen.

I found that really funny for some reason

only one of rousey and hendo has ever held a ufc title.

I like how everyone makes exceptions to hate on women's MMA, but not on FW or BW.
Oh, so that's why Royce fought 4 people in one night? Just for the money? That's why everyone fought in the UFC during it's inception for practically no money, or publicity? Back when it had poor Government / Nationwide support and was being bought and sold between owners?
Royce got paid about 100k for winning each tournament in the UFC (that's probably about 3 times that much now with inflation), and then refused to fight unless he got a huge paycheck after he saw the money was going down.

He was whoring out for the money, too, as well as roiding up in his later career. Stop acting like Royce was at some higher level than everyone.
Meanwhile title fights that makes sense Barao vs McDonald are on Fuel?
I think that is Dana punishing Barao for having a trash fight with Faber. Also, it is an interim belt.

If there was no money in MMA, there would be no UFC you idiot.

Another idiotic comment missing the point and (or) embracing the merchandising of a sport that used to have a somewhat legitimate base. It has nothing to do with the UFC needing money, and everything to do with them whoring products "for" money and not the honor / dignity of the sport. Which is why you have guys like Dan who are pissed, he knows damn well he's having to play second fiddle to some little pooch because Dana likes her ass and thinks he can make a buck. Please get some basic reading comprehension.

can someone answer me a very simple question? if someone replies directly to your comment do you get a notification or is there anyway to know? it seems some people instantly reply when someone replies to you, is that just them having no life and constantly checking back?
seems like a very shoddy system if you don't get any notifications when you are replied to directly on a thread..

Some boards have that feature this one does not. Just use the search function to go through your old posts..

Royce got paid about 100k for winning each tournament in the UFC (that's probably about 3 times that much now with inflation)

Bullshit, he was making almost 10k (maybe a tiny bit more) per fight and fighting up to 4 people a night. If he beat all four, he'd get like 50-60k.

only one of rousey and hendo has ever held a ufc title.

Lol and? There was already a UFC 205 and 185 champ when Hendo's contract was absorbed. Rousey was fortunate enough to be in a brand-new division. So what was the point of that other than to take a jab at Hendo?

Team Hendo is acting like bigger women than the main even.

They need to STFU and GTFO.

Ronda via armbar!

Oh, so that's why Royce fought 4 people in one night? Just for the money? That's why everyone fought in the UFC during it's inception for practically no money, or publicity? Back when it had poor Government / Nationwide support and was being bought and sold between owners?

They are whoring out the hard work of all the people that came before them, and attaching this WMMA bullshit onto real cards to sell sexuality to the immature masses.

You get the fuck out man, at least I'm honest about it.
God damn, who let you out of the nuthouse? Mma would still be outlawed today if it didn't provide significant revenue. It's the truth. They did it back in the day as a way to see which fighting style was the best while SELLING IT AS A PRODUCT. Simple business man.
why do you have to say such stupid comments online that you would never say to someone face to face like that? That is why I rarely comment on discussion threads online, every single person is an internet tough guy..

I don't say things online I wouldn't say in person. If that guy said that in person, I'd tell him the same thing.

I think Machida and Hendo should have headlined this card, but not at the expense of a championship fight ( no matter how ridiculous the match up is ).This is why I think the woman bout should have been featured on a fox card or as support for another title fight.

I understand the frustration though:

Ronda has never fought in the UFC and her opponent, Liz Carmouche, has nine wins and seven losses lol

this is no big suprise....

money makes all the decisions.....marketing 2 female fighters this way will bring in more viewers then hendo / machida. main stream is where the loot is at.

I think that is Dana punishing Barao for having a trash fight with Faber. Also, it is an interim belt.

That's absurd....With Cruz out for probably another year the interim should be the full Bantamweight championship

Oh, so that's why Royce fought 4 people in one night? Just for the money?

The original UFC was created as a promotional device for Gracie Jiu Jitsu.

Dana and the Fertittas bought it because they saw potential $$$$ in it. They built MMA popularity with mismatch fights like Ken Shamrock vs Tito Ortiz, a reality show like TUF, and fast tracking Lesnar to the title.

Strikeforce would likely still be a dwindling organization under the Zuffa banner still through 2013 if it wasn't for the potential Dana and the Fertittas see in Rousey. Which finally allows fighters like Gilbert and Rockhold to come over to the UFC.

Hendo has historically been a tough sell for PPV cards. Rousey is far more interesting to casual fans - and yes, it will be a title fight, one that both she and her challenger have earned.

Hendo has historically been a tough sell for PPV cards. Rousey is far more interesting to casual fans - and yes, it will be a title fight, one that both she and her challenger have earned.

lol

Btw, Ronda's fight against Sara had a lot of hype, yet nobody showed up.

Back