Team Alpha Male needs a real hc

sherdog is really buggy. takes ages to post and when I put post and wait and wait and nothing happens, I was stopping the action, copying what I wrote and then refreshing the page and trying to post again but for some reason it only posted ilke half of what I wrote

oh, yeah, you said He was saying in the first tj fight he didnt regain consciousness untill after the fight was stopped. his chin just cant hang. well, if you get KO'ed you only regain consciouness after a fight is stopped and someone wakes you up, so.....

Happening to me too Toco

He's just not as skilled, intelligent, or competitive as TJ. TJ running around sparring Lomachenko. Cody has back issues and is coached by Justin f'ing Bucholhz. He has no kicks, TD's or subs. Just a straight right and a left hook. That is the entirety of Cody's game. TJ was my lock of the entire card. He should have been -300 or higher. The "I need a one hitter quitter" to win this fight does not work at this level. Why I am not surprised you guys still think Cody is or will ever be on TJ's level. TJ has evolved to a point Cody's never catching up, and TJ never stops evolving.
Uh did you even see last night's fight? Cody was throwing quite a good number of kicks to TJ. It was only when Cody stunned TJ which a punch (either a hook or overhand) that he threw the gameplan out the window and decided to brawl and repeated the same exact mistake as in their first fight. Simply put Cody ran on emotions and wanted to KO TJ again and he paid the price for it giving TJ another definitive win. If Cody stuck with the gameplan and let it drag out over the course of the fight, who knows how it could've ended up, he could've even won via decision.

Yeah I know I wasn’t making a profound statement but just sometimes you don’t get ko’d clean to where they don’t know where they are. It’s more they’re rocked and the red steps in. But Cody said himself he was 100 % out, I think his chin is suspect
yeah maybe not the best but his defense plays a huge part too, or lack of it

Yeah I know I wasn’t making a profound statement but just sometimes you don’t get ko’d clean to where they don’t know where they are. It’s more they’re rocked and the red steps in. But Cody said himself he was 100 % out, I think his chin is suspect
yeah maybe not the best but his defense plays a huge part too, or lack of it

Uh did you even see last night's fight? Cody was throwing quite a good number of kicks to TJ. It was only when Cody stunned TJ which a punch (either a hook or overhand) that he threw the gameplan out the window and decided to brawl and repeated the same exact mistake as in their first fight. Simply put Cody ran on emotions and wanted to KO TJ again and he paid the price for it giving TJ another definitive win. If Cody stuck with the gameplan and let it drag out over the course of the fight, who knows how it could've ended up, he could've even won via decision.
So you're saying Cody may not have the best fight IQ? TJ makes adjustments mid-fight, Cody is a freakishly talented brawler on a team with a bunch of fighters literally coaching each other. What fucking gameplan? Don't brawl like a wildman? Cody called himself headcoach of Alpha Male in one of his 2012 ***** tweets. He's wasting his prime developmental years. His gameplan is stalk and land the kill shot that is his game plan Mike Perry is more well-rounded than Cody Garbrandt For Real.

Danny Castillo had 14 fights in the UFC and much of that against world class talent in the deepest division in the sport. Its absurd to say he's not qualified to coach. Most of his losses are split decision - Lentz, Miller, Ferguson and a majority decision to Barboza. He was obviously competitive with elite fighters, why trash the guy?

Fighting // Coaching

Sure, fighting at a high level gives valuable experience that may help a coach, but it's not the most important factor.

This thread is a mess.

Sherdog is glitchy today.

Anyway, TaM is doing I s fighters an incredible disservice by not having a coach there that’s worth a shit.

Cody won't leave TAM due to that stupid loyalty thing; that won't help if you don't improve your skills which it's why TJ left TAM for Ludwig, because he saw an improvement in his skills. TAM is not going to find a head coach as long as Faber doesn't spend in qualified coaches and not some affiliated fighter like Castillo.

It would be hilarious after all the shit Dillishaw had to take from TAM if Cody left to get help correcting his mistakes and to make him better.

I think TJ has his number regardless of where he trains.

Cody won't leave TAM due to that stupid loyalty thing; that won't help if you don't improve your skills which it's why TJ left TAM for Ludwig, because he saw an improvement in his skills. TAM is not going to find a head coach as long as Faber doesn't spend in qualified coaches and not some affiliated fighter like Castillo.

At most I suspect he might do the odd bit of training elsewhere on his kickboxing but if anything changes maybe TAM actually getting more talent involved there?

At most I suspect he might do the odd bit of training elsewhere on his kickboxing but if anything changes maybe TAM actually getting more talent involved there?

more like they need a legit striking coach/head coach who can oversee the fighters progress. Right now i don't think Castillo is the right one.

Back