Team Alpha Male needs a real hc

Danny Castillo had 14 fights in the UFC and much of that against world class talent in the deepest division in the sport. Its absurd to say he's not qualified to coach. Most of his losses are split decision - Lentz, Miller, Ferguson and a majority decision to Barboza. He was obviously competitive with elite fighters, why trash the guy?

Mendes is world class and elite by any measure. They have a large pool of talent and what appears to be excellent facilities. Sometimes getting another look is good but there isn't anything 'wrong' with TAM.

Cody likely still has back problems and his fight IQ isn't as high as TJ. From what we know, TJ is among the best P4P fighters on planet earth right now.

Its not that Castillo is coaching. It's that he and Holdsworth are the striking coaches. There's a reason the Alpha Male fighters no matter how talented just don't seem to improve their striking.

Yes Tj improved but that was when Bang was at Tam.

Lol @ TAM coaching history aside from Duane. A bunch of bum fighters with no chins and most of them with no dads.

TAM is where jocks that didn't grow past 5 foot 7 go to continue broing it up

I dont necessarily agree with Castillo not being a good coach because being a good fighter doesnt mean being a good coach and vice versa so it isnt a requirement, Holdsworth though seems a bit strange since he was coming up with everyone and a young talent but theyve gave him a coaching job because he got injured, he hasnt been around the sport long enough to teach
Garbrandt did just fight for a title but you can see how TJ has evolved every fight, adding to his style sparring with Takeru, Loma etc and at TAM its so much loyalty theyre hurting themselves
biggest mistake was siding and playing into a petty bicker between Faber and Duane shouldve been between them and not the fighters and let the fighters learn

I think Garbrandt should leave tam and go to a more nuanced training environment. I think the tam oversparring-bro style training has damaged Garbrandt's chin and more importantly he failed to make any adjustments and lost even quicker than the first fight.

Since Garbrandt isn't likely to leave tam(he should), the least Faber can do is get a real headcoach.
If Danny Castillo is your coach in any capacity, something is wrong. Clearly Bucholz is missed

His nephew who is super young is having headache problems because of excessive sparring at that gym. Also with all the loyalty talk he cornered himself in that camp.

His nephew who is super young is having headache problems because of excessive sparring at that gym. Also with all the loyalty talk he cornered himself in that camp.
I feel bad for Garbrandt because he has a family and mma isn't something you can do forever. Too bad he allowed Faber to manipulate him

I dont necessarily agree with Castillo not being a good coach because being a good fighter doesnt mean being a good coach and vice versa so it isnt a requirement, Holdsworth though seems a bit strange since he was coming up with everyone and a young talent but theyve gave him a coaching job because he got injured, he hasnt been around the sport long enough to teach
Garbrandt did just fight for a title but you can see how TJ has evolved every fight, adding to his style sparring with Takeru, Loma etc and at TAM its so much loyalty theyre hurting themselves
biggest mistake was siding and playing into a petty bicker between Faber and Duane shouldve been between them and not the fighters and let the fighters learn
Garbrandt coasted on his talent which I'll admit he isprobably the most talented 135er of all time and TJ had the offensive ability to Dom lacked to really make him pay

I think TJ is just the better fighter and kicked codys ass twice.

lol castillo dude got KTFO by the world's slowest spinning punch

redirect

Wow. Never saw that before. Out cold. lol

Serious question.

Did not see him in Cody’s corner, only saw Danny “Last Fall” Castillo and some other guys.

Justin Butcholez was ride or die for his team and would have given his life for the cause, (whatever the cause was).

What’s the deal?

left TAM. prob doing pad work with TJ at the airport right now

he left TAM for some reason. started fighting again and lost his last fight

somewhere being a douche

Why are people ripping on Tam Whenever Cody was staying patient he was piecing up tj in both fights. Not tams fault he gets blood crazy and did a poor job gauging how hurt tj was

i just remember my friends who are casuals were ripping on him when he fought the 2-3 times he did in the ufc. they were clowning him the whole fight over his name lol

then his dumb ass corner spilled water and ice all over the octagon mat and just left it and didnt clean it up lol

Back