Team Alpha Male needs a real hc

Kaiokenrye24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I think Garbrandt should leave tam and go to a more nuanced training environment. I think the tam oversparring-bro style training has damaged Garbrandt's chin and more importantly he failed to make any adjustments and lost even quicker than the first fight.

Since Garbrandt isn't likely to leave tam(he should), the least Faber can do is get a real headcoach.
If Danny Castillo is your coach in any capacity, something is wrong. Clearly Bucholz is missed

Seriously, I remember watching the countdown episode and seeing TJ put in some good work with Duane, clips of him on insta working out with Loma, K1 fighters and whatnot, and meanwhile Cody is being trained by fucking Danny Castillo and that concussed TAM guy lmao. They couldnt even keep Bucholz around.

This whole loyalty thing is gonna cost Cody his prime years and potentially his entire career. Dude needs someone like a Duane, a Hume, Greg Jackson, Firas etc. A mentor figure that will work on his flaws and not just be his bro telling him how amazing he is.

This whole merry gang of Urijah’s pals high-fiving eachother and walking around shirtless has run its course. Everyone thats smart has left and is looking for somewhere to go where they’ll get some actual guidance and knowledge, not a bunch of bros bigging eachother up.

I mean, Danny Castillo, really?

<6>

Last edited:
what ever happened with bucholz he seemed to be doing a good job with the fighters

You don't know anything about their training so shut up.

what ever happened with bucholz he seemed to be doing a good job with the fighters

Whilst I don’t know much about their camp or coaches I get the impression Cody may struggle to improve if he stays at TAM

He talked himself into a hole with all the loyalty bullshit. Now he can't escape.

"TAM saved my life"

lol castillo dude got KTFO by the world's slowest spinning punch

redirect

Dont know the specifics, but I believe it was some pay issues and also that Bucholz had that MMA fight when he should have been coaching guys, or something like that.

he just fought for a title...

i'm seriously about to be done with sherdog forums, tired of these stupid threads

lol castillo dude got KTFO by the world's slowest spinning punch

redirect

I mean you dont have to be a good fighter to be a good coach, but I also never got the vibe from Castillo that he’s a guy with some crazy insights into fighting.

Seriously, I remember watching the countdown episode and seeing TJ put in some good work with Duane, clips of him on insta working out with Loma, K1 fighters and whatnot, and meanwhile Cody is being trained by fucking Danny Castillo and that concussed TAM guy lmao. They couldnt even keep Bucholz around.

This whole loyalty thing is gonna cost Cody his prime years and potentially his entire career. Dude needs someone like a Duane, a Hume, Greg Jackson, Firas etc. A mentor figure that will work on his flaws and not just be his bro telling him how amazing he is.

This whole merry gang of Uriahs pals high-fiving eachother and walking around shirtless has run its course. Everyone thats smart has left and is looking for somewhere to go where they’ll get some actual guidance and knowledge, not a bunch of bros bigging eachother up.

I mean, Danny Castillo, really?

<6>

yeah, i agree. but i doubt he will. it sure seems like he prizes loyalty above all. at least with alpha male. he did leave his place in ohio at one point though, so maybe he'll have some kind of awakening. i'm guessing that urijah puts a lot of pressure on his fighters to stay loyal. that's how he and the place make their money, after all. issues with a team always start at the top.

Didn't Ludwig also leave TAM because of pay issues?

It makes me think Faber is a cheapskate/.

He's good I honestly don't think he has that good of a chin also though, gets his shit rocked once a good strike lands and that's all she wrote.

Danny Castillo had 14 fights in the UFC and much of that against world class talent in the deepest division in the sport. Its absurd to say he's not qualified to coach. Most of his losses are split decision - Lentz, Miller, Ferguson and a majority decision to Barboza. He was obviously competitive with elite fighters, why trash the guy?

Mendes is world class and elite by any measure. They have a large pool of talent and what appears to be excellent facilities. Sometimes getting another look is good but there isn't anything 'wrong' with TAM.

Cody likely still has back problems and his fight IQ isn't as high as TJ. From what we know, TJ is among the best P4P fighters on planet earth right now.

This is why fighters shouldnt harp on about loyalty. This isnt a team sport. You got to go where the best training is. If cody feels like he is good at TAM then its his choice.

he just fought for a title...

i'm seriously about to be done with sherdog forums, tired of these stupid threads

And lost. Again.

Does the reality that TAM has gone to shit really hurt you that much? Go find yourself a safe space then.

Back