Team Alpha Male needs a real hc

justin butthole got fucked just like every guy that outshines faber

Buchholz replied to a comment on there that said something like "first thing I thought of when Cody got KOed again was Justin Buchholz. Must be hard for TAM to know they messed up again" with "yeah they f*cked up!!" So he's clearly not on good terms anymore

Can Cody switch camps or did he talk himself to a bad place in life? I mean Justin Buck hold left and received no backlash despite him being the main guy who gave TJ shit about ruining the team.

But anyway, how does Cody leave without making it look bad? Or does he even need to leave? What will he do next?

Find out next thread on SherdogBall Z! ( ok bad joke)

Naww he gotta stay loyal or just looks like a douche.

If he grows to like 5’10 he can leave the team. 5’10 and above and you’re too tall to train at TAM. Faber will understand

Would be a great move. Tried twice, failed twice. Move or die.

It’s funny I was thinking about this when I woke up this morning and I agree. He does need to leave that team. For a number of reasons. Off the bat I think Uriah Did him wrong. I say that because I basically think that Uriah dumped all of this pressure into Cody’s lap telling him that he needed to go out and make an example of TJ, because of how TJ left the team. That TJ was this disloyal, dishonest, traitor to the team that needed to be dealt with. That put a lot of added pressure on Cody that he did not need. And also Cody does not appear to be improving at all. He came out last night looking to brawl with bad defense and got knocked out. That’s basically what happened last time.
I think Cody put alot of pressure on himself. Cody is a hot head, look at how he acted when Conor was calling out TJ on TUF. He was the first to jump up and get physical. I think he took the "TJ is a traitor" torch and ran with it, with little or no push from Faber. Although, Faber is acting like a little baby because TJ did what was obviously right for his career, and maybe Cody is being loyal to a fault.

Maybe it's not the team. Maybe he should just stop taking pretty instagram pictures and start training his ass off.

His head is not in the game. His head is in jackets and cufflinks.

Once upon a time Crocop started his K-1 greatness road by hitting a wall and looking at Van Damme posters.

Fedor did pushups, hit tires with a sledgehammer and ran every day in circles.

I think it starts with the desire to win not the team.

Just look at fucking McGregor. You think a touch but coach and Artem Lobov made him great? Nope. Him being focused and wanting to win made him great.

I think Garbrandt should leave tam and go to a more nuanced training environment. I think the tam oversparring-bro style training has damaged Garbrandt's chin and more importantly he failed to make any adjustments and lost even quicker than the first fight.

Since Garbrandt isn't likely to leave tam(he should), the least Faber can do is get a real headcoach.
If Danny Castillo is your coach in any capacity, something is wrong. Clearly Bucholz is missed

Faber took away the title of head coach to save money, he's not gonna pay more for an established head coach.

I think Cody put alot of pressure on himself. Cody is a hot head, look at how he acted when Conor was calling out TJ on TUF. He was the first to jump up and get physical. I think he took the "TJ is a traitor" torch and ran with it, with little or no push from Faber. Although, Faber is acting like a little baby because TJ did what was obviously right for his career, and maybe Cody is being loyal to a fault.

I think it was probably a combination and a lot of what you are saying is correct, however if you watch the ultimate fighter Uriah was all over that drama with TJ. Getting in his face and reminding him that he felt he lied and betrayed the team. That was alot pressure coming from that team for Cody to beat him up. For personal reasons. Fights should not really get personal. These two fights were overly personal.

After years of watching Faber and Tam i think Faber is a control freak and his team suffers because it's his way or the highway. I mean look what dwayne and tj are doing....

My ass... don't remember seeing or hearing of any white farm boy wrestler types ever

only white farm boys can wrestle? Here is a photo of 2018 Team USA, considered the best team in history, ignorant fuck.
36039347_1766618143392013_5837979548863430656_n.jpg

some head coaches have never fought in the UFC.... so anyone shitting on Castillo and Holdsworth being coaches doesnt really know much. They may be great coaches, but havent had long to implement the changes they want. Give them time before judging them

Buchholz was a goon

Danny Castillo had 14 fights in the UFC and much of that against world class talent in the deepest division in the sport. Its absurd to say he's not qualified to coach. Most of his losses are split decision - Lentz, Miller, Ferguson and a majority decision to Barboza. He was obviously competitive with elite fighters, why trash the guy?

Mendes is world class and elite by any measure. They have a large pool of talent and what appears to be excellent facilities. Sometimes getting another look is good but there isn't anything 'wrong' with TAM.

Cody likely still has back problems and his fight IQ isn't as high as TJ. From what we know, TJ is among the best P4P fighters on planet earth right now.

Just because someone was a great fighter/athlete, it does not follow that they will be a great coach. If that were the case, every former champ that wanted to would now be an elite coach.

Honestly, I feel like Faber seemed more focused on having great coaches at TAM while he was fighting. Now I feel like TAM is more of an ego and money thing for him. I mean, I am sure it always has been to some extent, but now that he is no longer fighting, I think it is even moreso.

The best coaches in the game are paid pretty damn well. I don't think Faber wants to lay out the big $.

Is it 2 guys/weightclass?
no they added some new ones

In the end, the bureau chose an overall moderate approach, looking to impact as few existing weight categories as possible.

Freestyle will keep all their current Olympic and non-Olympic weight categories and will simply add 79kg and 92kg.

57kg-61kg-65kg-70kg-74kg-79kg-86kg-92kg-97kg-125kg

some head coaches have never fought in the UFC.... so anyone shitting on Castillo and Holdsworth being coaches doesnt really know much. They may be great coaches, but havent had long to implement the changes they want. Give them time before judging them

Buchholz was a goon

Fair points. But correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Castillo has a very extensive coaching resume at the highest level. With that many top fighters, TAM should be bringing in someone with a track record of success.

Fair points. But correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Castillo has a very extensive coaching resume at the highest level. With that many top fighters, TAM should be bringing in someone with a track record of success.
I dont disagree, I think they should bring in an experienced coach that they can shadow for a while. Kinda like Buchholz done with Bang. But always with the intention to hand it off to Castillo and Holdsworth when they are ready

Back