Team Alpha Male needs a real hc

he just fought for a title...

i'm seriously about to be done with sherdog forums, tired of these stupid threads

If TJ got tkoed... people would say he made a deep mistake leaving tam to follow Duane...

He's just not as skilled, intelligent, or competitive as TJ. TJ running around sparring Lomachenko. Cody has back issues and is coached by Justin f'ing Bucholhz. He has no kicks, TD's or subs. Just a straight right and a left hook. That is the entirety of Cody's game. TJ was my lock of the entire card. He should have been -300 or higher. The "I need a one hitter quitter" to win this fight does not work at this level. Why I am not surprised you guys still think Cody is or will ever be on TJ's level. TJ has evolved to a point Cody's never catching up, and TJ never stops evolving.

sherdog is really buggy. takes ages to post and when I put post and wait and wait and nothing happens, I was stopping the action, copying what I wrote and then refreshing the page and trying to post again but for some reason it only posted ilke half of what I wrote

oh, yeah, you said He was saying in the first tj fight he didnt regain consciousness untill after the fight was stopped. his chin just cant hang. well, if you get KO'ed you only regain consciouness after a fight is stopped and someone wakes you up, so.....

He's just not as skilled, intelligent, or competitive as TJ. TJ running around sparring Lomachenko. Cody has back issues and is coached by Justin f'ing Bucholhz. He has no kicks, TD's or subs. Just a straight right and a left hook. That is the entirety of Cody's game. TJ was my lock of the entire card. He should have been -300 or higher. The "I need a one hitter quitter" to win this fight does not work at this level. Why I am not surprised you guys still think Cody is or will ever be on TJ's level. TJ has evolved to a point Cody's never catching up, and TJ never stops evolving.
there is no "never catching up" to a g uy that is as young and talented as cody. with a great boxing coach I think he can still do wonders and even potentially beating dillashaw (I don't want that to happen, but it could be a possibility)

It wasnt so much pay, but guys trying to Buchholz's job. Justin went on a month vacation after head coaching/cornering for almost 2 years straight non-stop. He took the HC job when no one wanted it, including Castillo who was just about to leave TAM too. But once Buchholz turned the team around with Cody, Emmitt, Carvillo that's when Castillo tried to weasel his way in to stealing Buchholz's job.

Once he got back from his month vacation in Alaska, Faber told him he was now just the Muy Thai coach. And Faber and Castillo would be coaching the mma portion of the gym.
Been telling everyone since faber had his panty rant on helwani's show that TAM is doomed as a top notch gym with Faber as the head of the business. He takes a piece of everyones paycheck and hes the face of TAM. No top notch coaches are going to come there. They found Ludwig and as soon as he got some notoriety, he left. Kampmann bailed, Rick Rufus bailed. It just can't work.

It's absurd how bad the die hard TAM fanboys ride with this and defend it. master thong, castillo, and bucholz. LOL is just about the easiest and best way to describe that coaching staff as a championship camp. Faber has built a development camp and done a great job of it. Top talent like Cody can only come out and do the same thing in the rematch because his coaches are very limited in comparison to Cody's ability and other coaches. They built a very good fighter but he needs top notch coaches to match his talent. TAM is holding him back at this stage

Danny Castillo had 14 fights in the UFC and much of that against world class talent in the deepest division in the sport. Its absurd to say he's not qualified to coach. Most of his losses are split decision - Lentz, Miller, Ferguson and a majority decision to Barboza. He was obviously competitive with elite fighters, why trash the guy?

Mendes is world class and elite by any measure. They have a large pool of talent and what appears to be excellent facilities. Sometimes getting another look is good but there isn't anything 'wrong' with TAM.

Cody likely still has back problems and his fight IQ isn't as high as TJ. From what we know, TJ is among the best P4P fighters on planet earth right now.

Because he left TAM and followed the real coach.

Rick Rufus never got hired, and Kampmans wife wanted to move back to Europe.

As far as Faber taking a piece of their purse, its applied towards gym fees and using Faber's management/marketing team. Cody bypassed that and went with Ali for management.

Everything else what you posted I have to agree with.

Cody loses to TJ, a guy who won and twice defended the belt while training at TAM, and now the whole camp is done?
This is next level sherdoggin' guys, just sayin...

If TJ got tkoed... people would say he made a deep mistake leaving tam to follow Duane...
It's not that Cody lost, its the way Cody lost that calls Alpha male in to question. Beside a few decent kicks, Garbrandt made very few adjustments and a ton of amateur mistakes. That comes down to coaching. I'm a Dillashaw fan but I believe Garbrandt is the most talented 135er of all time

Cody loses to TJ, a guy who won the belt while training at TAM, and now the whole camp is done?
This is next level sherdoggin' guys, just sayin...

he won while at TAM WHILE Duane Ludwig was the head coach

Get better defense

sherdog is really buggy. takes ages to post and when I put post and wait and wait and nothing happens, I was stopping the action, copying what I wrote and then refreshing the page and trying to post again but for some reason it only posted ilke half of what I wrote

oh, yeah, you said He was saying in the first tj fight he didnt regain consciousness untill after the fight was stopped. his chin just cant hang. well, if you get KO'ed you only regain consciouness after a fight is stopped and someone wakes you up, so.....
Yeah I know I wasn’t making a profound statement but just sometimes you don’t get ko’d clean to where they don’t know where they are. It’s more they’re rocked and the red steps in. But Cody said himself he was 100 % out, I think his chin is suspect

there is no "never catching up" to a g uy that is as young and talented as cody. with a great boxing coach I think he can still do wonders and even potentially beating dillashaw (I don't want that to happen, but it could be a possibility)
A young, talented guy who's been legit KO'd 3 times already. The first time out cold for minutes. He wants a just box and counter-wrestle game? He doesn't have the chin for it. Also, he's a dummy. A glorified John Lineker. TJ is a true, ever-growing, cerebral martial artist. There's no comparison between the two at this point. Wtf is wrong with sherdog glitchy af.

Back