• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Taira vs Perez— Whi was winning before the finish???

The fight could have taken distance if it weren't for the knee injury but I still think Taira will eventually have success in taking Perez down and dominating the fight when Perez gassed out.

I think the kid will be able to fight the top on flyweight. It would be a waste if Taira is matched to Mokaev. He best be knocking Moreno or Royval before a title shot

I’m desperate for a Japanese UFC champ, so my bias is biased (much like precision is precise). But man, Taira got hit a lot in that fight. He kept his composure though. Lots of potential, but I wouldn’t pick him over Pants just yet.

I know this fight was supposed to be to see if taira was ready to fight for the title or title eliminator fight. His striking looked good but not great. He gets hit a lot and his striking defense isn’t too good. But his bread and butter in the grappling department is elite for sure. I think if we are trying to figure out if he is ready to fight pantoja or Moreno yet I would say if the fight is on the feet with either of those two guys for a good amount of time I don’t think taira would do so well. If the fight played out mostly on the ground with either guy I would say he has a decent to 50/50 chance of winning. His ground game is really good. And again his striking is good but for example a guy like Moreno or even royval if staying on feet only and taira would get busted up.

The fight could have taken distance if it weren't for the knee injury but I still think Taira will eventually have success in taking Perez down and dominating the fight when Perez gassed out.

I think the kid will be able to fight the top on flyweight. It would be a waste if Taira is matched to Mokaev. He best be knocking Moreno or Royval before a title shot
He's not beating moreno or royval at this point. he has a lot of improving to do before he's there

Taira dominated the fight from start to finish. How is that even a question?

I don't think Taira is ready for a title shot. It's small issues like working on a game plan. Maybe he wanted to test his standup in that matchup. I feel like he can get better in that area. He is still very young so he can still work on it for another year.

I just think when Taira took his back so easily I kinda knew it was over. Perez never really had good BJJ defense so at some point Taira was going to do it again in the next round.

I thought, the only way Perez had a chance was to take it to rounds 4 or 5 where Perez still carries his power even when tired.

He looked good but I thought a lot of strikes were getting through on him unnecessarily as well. His style is a little reckless, which is fun to watch but risky. Erceg I think would land clean on him.

Back