News Tai Tuivasa vs Jairzinho Rozenstruik set for UFC 305 on Aug 18th

Who wins?

• Total voters
My policy is when the majority on here vote one way, I vote the other. I still believe Tai can get a win here.

Tai needs to get back to his rugby work ethic and shape to have a chance at the top again
images
Wtf? That seems like it’s not even possible with the way he looks now.

Quit drinking shoeys and get in shape Tai

Fun fight. Someone is going to sleep. Unfortunately I think it's likely to be Tai. His 5 fight win streak coincided with him living and training in Dubai where he was about as far removed from any distractions as possible. He moved back to Western Sydney to be with his son but he's also with his morbidly obese mates and puts a lot of effort into his business ventures rather than being a professional fighter.

I like him and hope he gets a win but I think he's given up on getting the best out of himself and is just turning up for his last one or two UFC pay days.

Rozenstruik by tko in within a couple rounds.

Tai has had terrible management in his career. His big downfall started when he had a quick turnaround after a brutal KO loss and fought Sergei.

Give the man a can.

Jairzinho knocks Tai out within 3 rounds.
Honestly I'm surprised Tai hasn't been cut. Sure he's fun but he has lost 4 in a row. Also hasnt really shown improvement at all.
Jairzinho is really good at countering so I think he will catch Tai and that'll be it

Tai doesn't get ko'ed easy but he dances a little when rocked .... I'd say JR KOs him cos he hits pretty hard.

Tai could use a win. Hes been losing a lot lately but I wont believe it untill they give him easier fight to change momentum.

Jair by tko

I'll pick Rozenstruik by TKO. Tai's chin seems cracked and his lifetime as a defensive liability is catching up to him. These last few fights he always seems a step behind and even a bit checked out at times. His reckless brawling and relentless forward pressure is asking for trouble against a counter-striker like Jairzinho, who is very comfortable playing the sniper and picking out his kill shots off the back foot. Both men have more than enough power to hurt each other with a single clean shot, but Jairzinho has way better timing and shot selection.

I wouldn't put it past Tai to manage to crash the pocket and land something big that swings the momentum in his favor. He's done it before. We've also seen Rozenstruik get swarmed and clipped in fast-paced striking exchanges by the likes of Ngannou and Volkov. However, beyond this eventuality I think he eats a check hook or something while lunging in and tastes the canvas early.

Not really sure where you're going with this. Tai got subbed in under a round by Tybura his last time out. Before that he got subbed by Volkov with a meme choke in the second... and Volkov mind you is largely known as a purist kickboxer in the division. The former was Marcin's first sub in nearly ten years, since before he started competing in the UFC. The latter was Volkov's first sub in almost eight years... with his last once again predating his time in the promotion.

It took nearly 4 minutes for Jailton Almeida to finish Rozenstruik, who actually managed to successfully stuff the Brazilian's first TD and stay alive on the mat longer than many of Almeida's previous victims by fighting hands and minding his position. It's the only time he's ever been subbed and it was by the division's best all-around grappler.

Tai has precisely zero wins via submission on his record.

The guy is a joker. He gives hot takes for attention. I don't understand it.

Will be fun I guess but I never expect to see Tai win again if I'm honest.

UFC sucks ass at booking Tai.
He's a fan fav, book him vs the Parker porters, huggy bears, AA ect.
Stop giving him top 10 hws.

Yeah Tai has been finished 4 times in a row by ranked opponents, they should give him some lower tier opposition.

Although I imagine with the amount of money he's making the UFC doesn't want to pay that amount for him to fight Porter & Barnett types.

Rozenstruik by TKO round 2 or 3. Tuivasa is just too sloppy, he is a sloppy mess, never been impressed with him personally. Rozenstruik is much more technical and accurate and has a lot of striking experience

Tuivasa saying he is happy its not a wrestler, but honestly he gets dropped like every fight in the striking, he's been beaten up in the striking a lot in UFC, and its not hard to drop him.

I thought we might get Rozenstruik vs Lewis next.
Does the chicken dance pretty easy but then regains his feet and fires back when the others don't expect it.

2 bottom of the barrel HWs when it comes to being well rounded. I think either could win. Going with Tuivasa because it's about time he gets a W, he's lost 4 in a row by now.

UFC sucks ass at booking Tai.
He's a fan fav, book him vs the Parker porters, huggy bears, AA ect.
Stop giving him top 10 hws.

Good lord please dont put arlovski in there with him

Him and Arlovski already fought, lol. It was when Tai was already 8-0. The interview during the build-up was pretty funny because it consisted of Arlovski being asked questions about shooeys and saying how disgusting they are. It was Tai's first big test in the UFC during his initial pre-layoff run: either he fails the Arlovski Test and gets fraud-checked to a boring Decision loss or he KO's the old man stiff in highlight reel fashion.

In fact... neither happened. Tai ended up winning by a somewhat controversial Decision himself, which is crazy to say. A bit anticlimactic at the time, but it showed he could go deeper in fights and be somewhat smart about it. Of course he promptly went on to lose his next three fights pretty badly and took a year off from the sport before returning to go on his most recent run that Gane derailed.

Last edited:
Back