Stroke my Ego, watch me compete soon.

Nice win! Not sure what I enjoyed more the fight or the Message to my Future Kids..lol.

Lol thanks, I really intend to show them that, its funny how you never get to see your parents how they used to be, in their prime, or really at at any other age than what they presently are, now with digital video, youtube, myspace, etc, they are going to to be seeing pics and videos of us drinking as punk kids lol, and growing up through the years. Figure I'd make it extra special lol give them something to laugh at.

Niiiice armbar. How'd that initial slam feel?

Well this was the 3rd time I have been slammed, and I have to say just like the other 2 I don't feel a thing and don't get hurt at all, not even sore the next day. I have been slammed while tightening a triangle (FTW BTW) in a fight, slammed me 2x hard, did nothing but make me squeeze tighter.
Then I was slammed while being taken down. Again, did nothing, I immediately regained guard and worked a sub on.

I attribute this to:
a) I tuck my head in tight and fall properly IMO rather than just let myself fall as is and...
b) deadlifting. Yup, I deadlift and work my back (as well as everything else) hard. It's like having armor lol. Helps me absorb the shock and keeps me from gtting hurt in the slam.

THe first time I was slammed in a fight a coach told me afterwards to get ice and that I was going to feel that in the morning if not within a few minutes. I didn't want to sound cocky so I got some ice, but I felt like saying, "no I'm good I deadlift a lot lol".

I am the strongest man ALIVE!!!!!!
At 175lbs today I had an awesome lifting workout:

DB Bench- 110x4 100x7,5 50x38
Deadlift- 415x10 singles
Machine Row- 210x10 190x10,10
Leg Ext- 290x3x12

New PR on DB Bench, never have I had the 110's 4x, ever. Until now. To top it off the 50x38 was explosive until the last rep in which I died on the inside a little bit. Excruciating.

415x10 deadstop singles was done more explosively than last weeks 405x10 and in less time. My sticking point was the last few inches of lockout.

Leg Extensions were done, as always, explosively. Launch it up and catch it on the way down, controlled of course, and rip it back up fast. Still strict form in the sense thhat my body is not rocking to cause extra momentum.

Lifted again today, all isolations.
No weak links.

Leg Curl- 150x4x10
Preacher- 100x4,3 75x15
Adductor- 190x30, 10xslow
Abductor-170x2x15
Tri Ext- 90x14,8,6
Front Raise- 40x10 45x6
Seated Front Raise- 25x10 30x10

Lifts all went up a bit as they should. New PR using 45's for front raises (no swinging). Of course had to work the gunz lol.

Hope to hit some padwork tonight if I get out of work early enough. If not, IDK I'll figure something out.

Tomorrow I want to hit some conditioning, either another 100 burpees or some circuits/plyos workouts I have been thinking about.

Until I get more time at BJJ I'll be focusing more heavily on strength and conditioning as well as standup. Me and my brother will keep up the sparring 2x a week (once on our own and once in our Wed night conditioning/boxing workouts)

Lifted this morning. Hope to get sparring in tonight, if not then its bagwork and stuff.

DB Incline- 80x8,6,5 55x17,5
Leg Press- 650x15,10,5
Weighted Pullup- 90x4,3 70x4 45x2x10
Leg Ext- 290x3x12
Power Shrugs- 455x3x10
Lat Raise- 30x10,5..hurt neck

Huge gains all over, compared to 3 weeks ago when I hit Incline with the 80's, my reps doubled.
Last leg press I hit 630 for half these reps I got today.
Power Shrugs felt too light at 455, that's good, but I didn't go crazy as I hadn't hit them in a few weeks.

Sparred a bunch of rounds with my brother tonight, boxing with takedowns.
We hit each other a bunch, then threw each other a bunch.
Cardio was good, especially considering the workout I did this morning.
Off to eat (just had a quart of whole milk and Kashi Go Lean Crunch Cereal, total of 2,400 calories!)

Lifted Tues night, all iso:

Preacher Curl- 105x4 75x15
Tri Ext- 100x10,6
Front Raise- 50x8 (used ok form, want to bridge the gap from 45 to 50) 35x15 strict
1 Legged Curl- 90x10 110x3 90x10
Adductor- 190x40
Abductor- 180x20

Went a bit overboard on the adductor machine, but hey that's as high as the weight goes.
I've outgrown the leg curl machine so am using one leg at a time. It's a Cybex thingy. I hope to outgrow it soon with one leg.

On Wed night (tonight), I went for rounds wrestling with my brother and conditioning/boxingnow wrestling coach. We need it badly. Just straight wrestling, for the pin. going 2 minutes a round with a new guy in each minute, round robin style.

Finished with heavy bag work.
Tomorrow or Friday I'll hit the weight hard, compounds.

Hit the weights before heading into work.

Bench- 275x3,1 225x8 185x14
Deadlift- 425x5 315x12 all deadstops as always
power shrugs- 495x2x10
Machine row- 220x3x5
Leg Ext- 325x3x10
Low back ext- 220x2x10

Deadlift was dissappointing, but still good and improved.
power shrugs, OMG still light and quick.
Switched from DB Bench to BB Bench, 1 or 2 more workouts to adjust to the new movement and my weight will shot up. 315 baby.
Added in low back ext to aid deadlift. I'm good off the floor now (was a weak point) and my new stick point is lockout. Power shrugs should help as well, and I will add some lockouts in once in a while also.

Have to be at a gym meeting tomorrow, so I'll be working the banana bags till I puke.

Had to bring my friend to the gym so he could lift. So I figured I would do something productive.

DB Hammer Curl- 40x10 45x8 40x8
CGBP-225x6 245x3

OK not that poductive but whatever.

So I've been lifting and doing stuff. Met up with some guys on Tuesday to spar, then again on Wed to spar, mostly wrestling. We will be meeting on Tuesdays to drill and spar now regulary with a good group forming which is great obviously.

I need to get comfortable shooting, I don't do it. I go for upper body throws or trips, but never shoot. Went over legs from a wrestling perspective and found a few good things to use.
Seems like now we are focused on fixing holes rather rather than just straight up training (though we are doing that to).

Need to get back to BJJ but work is killing me, so for now the extra wrestling and group workouts I formed will have to suffice. From the looks of it I will be training with more fighters now and I think that will help give me a big push.

As far as lifting goes I need to find my past few workouts but here are some goodies:
Benched 300
Got 465 to the knees fast on deadlift, whereas I was barely budging 455 off the floor a few weeks ago.
Power shrugging 525 2x10 last workout.
Okay I'll be back to logging now.

Great log, man, my favorite on sherdog. Congratulations on your big wins, and keep posting..

Lifted this morning:
Bench- 275x4 245x6 225x9 185x17
Deadlift- 405x10 singles ~5minutes
Power Shrugs- 535x6,5
Machine Row- 220x8,8 180x10
Single Leg Ext- 185x10,10 170x10
Preacher- 95x6 75x10

Last time I hit 10 for 405 on deads it took me a grueling 10 minutes. This time I popped it off in 5, and the first 5 shot up in under a minute. Awesome. Powers Shrugs were limited as I need to set the pins one hole lower. Next time. I'm powerfull. But not enough.

Meeting up with our new training group tomorrow to spar and drill. Then again on Wed with my other group.

I will be back to regular training at Vamos (my BJJ school) next week. I've been working a lot more and its time to switch gears back to training. I want to get there at least 2x a week now, and work my way back up to 5 sessions there while sticking with 2x a week lifting and my 2x a week other group very soon.

Trying to put more hours in personal training so I can get out of waiting tables so much, that will be the biggest help. Just picked up my 2nd client today. 2 for 2 in selling myself!!! Only 10 more to go and I'll be set.

Ok, off to work all day,and eat all day, recover/grow/maybe bag work tonight.

So everyone bitched out yesterday and so I got nothing done training wise, just did a lot more work on the MA school and gym. I also ate lot, getting up to 185 (right now I am a vry lean 180) so I can cut to 170. I'll lose a bit during my fight prep and then cut the remaining lbs, seems like a good plan to keep me big and strong.

Tonight, all wrestling. IDK, I have to be up in a few hours to teach at the gym again for a 6 AM class, then personal training at 9:30, then working at the restaurant at 11:30. So all you get on my log is that I did wrestling.
Might call out of work, take a nap, and train tomorrow, that would be best.

Lifting:
Incline Barbell Bench- 225x3 185x8,7 135x7
Leg Press- 740x1 650x15,11
Weighted Pullup- 105x1 115x1 90x5 45x14
SIngle Leg Curl- 130x5,3
Smith CGBP- 315x1 2258

New PR on Pullup, almost at he 3 plate goal as it shot up fast. Switching to Incline Barbell and I expect that to jup up quickly where I can rep 225 fairly soon. Good progress as expected in everything.

Going to log my MA work now, wrestling tomorrow.

Really worked hard today, I can feel I'm getting some good gains out of this workout. PWO before bed is 3g creatine and 3g beta alanine. Roast beef on a roll w/mayo, beef jerky, chicken/dumpling soup, and to get me to bed: 6mg melatonin w/ a 22 of Yuengling.

I'm going to sleep like a baby hopefully, I usually do not stay up this late to workout as I can't fall asleep, this should do the trick.

Today was awesome, 3 sessions:
Weights, 7AM-9AM:
Incline Bench- 235x1 205x5 185x8 135x11
Leg Press- 760x4,2 670x7
Weighted Pullup- 80x7,4 45x9
Single Leg Curl- 130x3 100x10
Preacher-115x1
Calf- 160x10
Decline Bench- 275x5,5 225x8

Also hit a 455 dead on a previous workout.
All the lifts are increasing still in volume, weight, or both. I only did 1 or 2 worksets for some things to give my body a break and avoid overtraining, kind of like a deload just not as severe. Still making gains and I would like to keep it that way.

Then went to work from 11-5.

Next, BJJ one hour, Thai one hour:
Just drilled technique and rolled a few rounds at the end of class. Getting my head bck in their; cardio felt good; not much else to say for now.

In Thai we got a few rounds pad work and some partner drills in, good stuff, mostly working straight up combos putting everything together.
Aimed for power and technique (maintaining guard, footwork, circling after exchanging, jabbing out, headmovement)

Few hours later I headed to the gym to do FRAN, a CrossFit workout (not a CrossFitter, just going to steal some of their workouts lol) where you alternate Thrusters (front squat into push press) with pullups. 21-16-9, so 21 thrustters/21 pullups to start etc.

Completed it in 7:39, going to make that number drop to 5 minutes. Awesome workot that will deinitely help.

SO there it is, tomorrow is wrestling during the day and some other crap at night I think.

Wrestling: every fucker cancelled on me, so instead I worked a bit at the gym, might as well I was there anyway, build it up so I can leave my dayjob one day and all that...

Worked out tonight, couldn't leave the day without working out at all.

FRAN: 6:22!!!
Already a big improvement, no doubt being fresh and my body adapting to it helped. Looks like the 5 minute area is going to be soon.
After that killed me; short break then grip work:

Dumbell reverse wrist curls for 3x10 @15 lbs, weak, must get it up so I can punch bitches harder.
Static BB holds, 3 sets to failure at 365. Got a good 10-15 seconds each time. Goal is to deadlift 405 raw with a DOH grip.

Finished on the neck machine.

FRAN definitely killed me, and lots of stuff is sore, but I tried..
TOmorrow I plan to cardio row hardcore and wrestle/box at night. Of course in between nap, work, and eat as much as possible as often as possible.

You know what a good way to get to sleep and recover well is?

3mg melatonin, then take a contrast shower, then down a Foster's.
Just sayin...

Seriously though, while I have a minute before I pass out from the aforementioned combo here is my new supp stack and recovery plan. Two a day shit is awesome when you are recovering well:

3g creatine+3g beta alanine pre lifting and PWO for all sessions (lifting/conditioning, BJJ, MMA, Boxing, etc. So total is up in the 10g range for each.

10g glutamine+3g leucine PWO for all sessions. I usually make a shake at the gym to whenever and get another 10-20g also. Lots of glutamine.

Multi, Zinc (20mg), 1.5/1.2/1g Glucosamine/Chondrotin/MSM

Caffeine when I need it (2x a week max)

Melatonin and GABA, I use these a few times a week to get better sleep. I don't use them consecutively to keep the effects going and not gain tolernace. Nice deep sleep.

Well, just finished my beer so off to bed, I'll post my non supplement recovery thingies tomorrow.

Goodnight internet.

You know what a good way to get to sleep and recover well is?

3mg melatonin, then take a contrast shower, then down a Foster's.
Just sayin...

Melatonin and GABA, I use these a few times a week to get better sleep. I don't use them consecutively to keep the effects going and not gain tolernace. Nice deep sleep.

Christ. I need to actually start doing this. I cannot sleep properly after intense sparring sessions. I want to sleep, I feel tired, but I just can't. Wonder if this shit will help.

Back