Stroke my Ego, watch me compete soon.

Just some random news to post about also:

First of all, I want all of you to be jealous of my caloric intake abilities. I did some work at the gym tonight also. Got there at about 7PM.
Decided I needed to have a shake, so made myslef a 1,000 calorie shake out of soymilk, peanut butter, protein, blueberries, oatmeal, some weightgainer mix, etc. Delicious.

Then, later aound 9PM at my friends apt, discussing "bidness" and waiting for our pizza pie to arrive, I had another 1,000 calorie shake consisting of ON's Pro Complex Gainer and 1/2&1/2. Yup, straight up 1/2&1/2.

THEN, about a half hour later I ate a half of a pizza with my friend. A real pizza, from a pizzeria, not the tiny little Domino's style pizzas btw.

You should all hate me lol.

I should start a diet log just so you can be intimidated by how much I eat.

lol ok, but mind you, I only listed wat I ate AFTER 7PM, not like I was starving thorought the day.
I might start a food log again though, it helped me clean up my diet and dial it in to my needs. You are a lot more aware of what you eat when EVERYTHING you eat is writeen down.

In other good news, a recent opponent of mine from a MMA smoker match is going pro in ROC in February. Boosts my confidence a lot as I got a 1st round armbar on him, I'm going to use his experience as a guage to se where I am at when he fights.

DB Incline- 75x6,4 55x14 (break to do other exercises)...then 55x12
Chest Supported T-Bar Row- 160x5,4 135x9 Speed Sets: 10x3@100
Lat Raise- 2x15@25 20x15
Leg Ext.- 275x10,10 215x12
Adductor- 170x3x10
Abductor- 140x3x10
Calf- 90x3x15

Went higher reps on the lat raises, will hit front raises tonight along with some other work like pullups and some more isolations. Almost at the 40lb DB mark for my lat/front raises! Kept it light and higher rep though on calf and shoulder isolations to give them a break.

Friday is back to Leg Press, Weighted Pullup, Power Shrugs, DB Bench, all the good big stuff!

So I have not done any skill training for ~2 weeks now, just lifting. The majority of my tie was spent building up and running our martial arts program (MMA and Kempo), and doing the same for "BoxFit" a program of martial arts based workouts such as ThaiFit, MittFit, ****bolic MMA, etc. Basically BoxFit is real kickbxing workouts without the sparring and aimed at the general public.

Training again on Mon and all week though.

Lifted on 1/16:

DB Bench- 100x6,6,4 65x18
Weighted Pullup- 70x4,4,3 25x10,8,6
Leg Press- 560x15,12
Adductor-180x3x10
Abductor-150x3x10

Then Yesterday:

DB Incline: 80x4,3,2 60x13,8
Deadlift: 315x20 deadstop reps
Row- 170x1
Calf- 90x3x15

Today I did all isolations (ZOMG WHAT!!!???), tricep pushdowns, leg extension, rear delt fly, adductor, abductor, front and lat raises, preacher curls, blah, blah.

Notes: Rowing after deadlifting sucks, so I went for a new single rather than get out reps. I'll have to build up. I am sticking with high rep deads for a bit as heavy/low has gotten stale on me unfortunately. Speed work and high rep deadstop reps for a while it looks like.

Hit 40's for 2x6 on front raises today, good form, damn I'm good.

Weighted Pullups are back in action for me, I expect to be repping 90 again soon.

Well like I said before, a lot of lifting rather than technique due to my schedule.

Tomorrow though is 2 technique sessions and lifting.

I'm going to eat a pizza pie now, to help me recover and get all huge like. Get ready for tomorrow!

Past few days of lifting went well. I"m repping the 100's on DB Bench easy now (gained a rep since last post, hit 6,6,5 biotch!), hit 2x on a 90lb weighted pullup, deadlifted 315 20x deadstop no straps, and a bunch of other awesome stuff. I'm soon to be a freaky monster!

Did a short conditioning workout yeesterday to get back in the groove, a few rounds of squat thrusts/punches, pushups/punches, situps, and some oother crap in intervals, was an "easy" workout as we had not conditioned together as a group for a while. They get tough trust me.

Tonight only 2 other guys showed for open sparring in kickboxing. I went 10 rounds straight or so at least but the pace was 50% average and spent it working on crisp technique, finding holes, and working my basics. The other 2 had ~6 months training so it was a good night for that.

Vamos BJJ just moved to a new location down the block, huge, a cage, a CrossFit gym in the back, showers, HEAT!!!, and its pretty much the best place around now.

Training again tomorrow, weights then BJJ, and again on Sunday, conditioning then BJJ.

Looking at fighting again in March/April. If I don't fight by April I'm a ***aloo so yeah. As much as I hate NJ ammy MMA rules I have to suck it up and go, no more underground Vale Tudo, too poor to fly to Ohio, plus I want to go pro in NJ so I need to start fighting there.

Honestly, why do I wear shinguards if I cannot kick to the head! I hate but understand no elbows/knees and the 6oz gloves, but damn no GnP at all the head sucks, a reset and standing 8 count on "flash KO" is crap also.

Meh...

Lifted this morning:
DB Incline- 85x3,3,2 65x11,6 Deadlift- 325x 20 singles Machine Row- 170x3x8 Calf- 110x2x15 Power Shrug- 405x2x10 Leg Ext- 245x3x12 Speed

Worked, then off to BJJ at 6. Went well, just a few rounds of passing and rolling. I'm hitting Gi 2x a week now and no gi 2x a week at Vamos. Padwork after BJJ for an hour, mostly power combos for a few rounds.

After that me and GIJoe6186 sparred a few rounds. I finally started throwing in head kicks as we both have headgear now, felt comfortable, just playing with decent contact.

Lifted this morning, did my isolations, taught/worked at the gym all day, then a quick workout at night.

Lat Raise- 35x3x8 25x10
Front Raise- 40x8 35x8 30x10
Rear Delt Fly- 130x2x8 110x10
Preacher Curl- 85x7,5,4
Tricep Pushdown- 100x8,6 80x10
Abductor- 170x2x10 150x10

Later the quick conditioning:
3 minute rounds, 1 minute intervals, 1 minute rest.

Round 1- jump rope
Round 2- Speed Bag right hand/left hand/alternate hands
Round 3- med ball side to sides/ plank hold/ med ball side to sides

Repeat 3x and call it a night. A moderate workout, should be a t full force conditioning in week.

Today I slept, a lot, 11 hours, and holy hell my body is feeling the stress. I need to eat more and sleep more, and train more of course lol.

Today was just one session. Rounds of heavybag work under supervision of our boxing coach. He yells at us and makes us not do stupid shit like drop our hands lol. Pretty much he dissects our form on the spot, cleans it up, and keeps us going strong.
After that was a shoulder complex of 1 minute presses, 1 minute lat raises, done for 3 rounds. Only 8lb dumbells were used but the point is to explode with them rapidly and obviously get a high work rate. 8lbs can get really heavy after a minute.
Last was 2 sets of suicides, sprints up and down the wrestling mats suicide style 3x, done for 2 rounds.

Now I'm home, eating as much as I can, then off to bed.
Tomorrow is lifting heavy in the morning, work, then no gi BJJ at night, followed by some conditioning ater class.

I'm trying to be something more than human here, and it's working.

Had to skip lifting in the morning, my body was too messed up. So I slept a few extra, went to work, and no gi BJJ at 7. I feel like my stamina went up a lot and the work is paying off. Just some notes on rolling: my guad and top game are good, I have made imporovements from bottom sidemount, and my mount defense sucks. I mean I eventually get out it seems but not quick enough and not technical enough IMO.

So I plan to work on that more, mount escapes, sidemount escapes, and hell even back mount escapes.
I have been rolling to guard from back mount much better now as I have been concentrating on that a lot when put in the position.

Class was 1 1/2 hours, then I took ~20 minutes break and rather than do my conditioning as planned I rolled with a few guys for a good 25 minutes straight, working technique, going back and forth, move for move sometimes.
It was still a good workout and I got to put more time into my technique.

Off to eat/sleep.

Lifted this morning, heading to work now, if I get out early enough tonight I'll do some conditioning.

DB Bench- 90x11,8,7 70x14,4,1,1 Pullup- 100x1 70x5,4,3 45x5,6,5
Leg Press-585x8,8,4 450x15,15 Calf-120x3x15 Leg Ext- 230x12,12 speed

Improvements in either weight or reps, and the weight is moving fast, that's good.

Shoulders need a bit of a break so I'm giving them another day or two off from any direct lifting.

Went to Thai class where we worked on attack/counter drills for most of class. It was nice to drill over and over, could really focus n technique. Was concentrating on turning my hip over well in my roundhouse kicks, getting my head of the line when kicking to avoid the cross counter, and using head movement/jabbing out from in close when breaking away.

Hour of the drills, then break before sparring.

Went a few rounds boxing, then a few rounds thai no clinch, then a few rounds full w/o elbows.
Got most of my work in with 2 of the boxing rounds with the instructor. The other rounds were good but most of the guys there are either casual trainers and less experienced so I took the time to focus on my footwork and using my jab, constantly checking my stane and such.
Against one of the shorter guys I made sure to stay in real close so as to not just pepper away with shots from a distance, take away my reach advantage. That was it, great class as always.

Upping my dose of glucosamine/chondroitin/MSM to 2 doses a day spread out (for a total of 3g//2.4g/2g) and taking an extra multi. Also been taking in an extra dose of creatine/beta alanine making it 3 doses a day for 9g total of each.
Making a conscious effort o drink even more water each day as I do not think I am drinking enough, might start measuring it just to see.
Lastly, trying to get in as much sleep as possible. So off to bed in about 10 minutes for a good 10 hours.

I want to keep up this workout schedule of mostly 2 a days for as long as possible, which means making my body a recovery machine.

What's your reasoning behind doing leg extensions and leg press?

What's your reasoning behind doing leg extensions and leg press?

I'm assuming you mean why do I do them in the same workout? Well I do leg press first, then leg extensions, as press is a compound movement and extension is an isolation. More important to put more work in the compound as it works my ass and quads.

On leg press I am going for strength, as much weight as I can handle for the given rep goal for the day. Then I give my legs a break by working say calves or pullup, then back to legs this time with extensions. Now I go for speed, the weight dosen't matter as much (although the goal is always higher weight of course) as long as the rep speed is high and explosive.

So that is how I do it. WHY I do it is, well, legs are the most important part to work, why only stick with one exercise? Also, I hit it with a compound and an isolation, vary it up. Most importantly, as I log all of my lifts in a separate lifting log at home, I see it's working.

I was not using any isolations for a while, then I got stale, added in some isolations, and BAM my workouts got back on track. EVentually I'll have to change some other variable.

Taking today off. My body is a nit sore in general, my neck is stiff as a board and I don't want to compromise it and risk losing any training days.

Most importantly though, my weight is down too much. Slept 15 hours last night (needed it) and spent the day eatng so far.

I started upping my intensity a while ago and was at 180, now I'm hovering just above 170, stronger, but I don't want to rick going under 170. Need to build back to 180.

So today is relax and eat tons of good food. That will be a focus the next few days, eat as much as possible.
No gi tomorrow.

Scheduled a fight for 2/27. Awesome. That goes well (it will), then I'll try and jump on a NJ card last minute for March, and see what happens from there. Heading to bed early tonight, can't wait to lift in the morning.
My conditioning is going to be great for this fight cardio and strength wise. I haven't been this strong for a fight since my first one, and my overall game is growing a lot.

I want to use these next few fights to bring out my standup in the cage a bit more. Of course the goal is to win no matter, but I need to bring more standup out in the cage beofre I head to pro.

Back