Stipe blames DC loss on "Eye Poke"

He poked DC eyes as well so I don't care really. So all of Jones's wins don't count?
We all love DC, but this is a joke.

It was visible how Stipe was struggling to see after the poke, and he was literally bleeding from the eye.

Stipe wins the rematch, dont care what anyone says

Lmao he has little chance against a vastly superior fighter who possesses an iron chin

Stipe could get KO'd by a jab

Anyone who keeps an account here for 17 years should kill themselves. That's just beyond sad.

Well, you're halfway there already buddy, so keep at it and you might well be ripe for death in a bit. Because, you know, eight years is pretty chill.

Stipe is beyond annoying...... hope DC flattens him again

Well, you're halfway there already buddy, so keep at it and you might well be ripe for death in a bit. Because, you know, eight years is pretty chill.
I’m impressed with your 2002 account

Pokes are such bullshit.
If you get poked even a tiny bit should instantly take a dive and get 5 minutes recovery.
That way the ref is aware and the fighter will be aware that they will probably lose a point next time.

you guys should watch this.

lol@ stipe was poking just as much

That garbage biased video in no way shape or form proves that any of those pokes made Stipe unable to defend himself. I guarantee you that if i really stick my finger inside your eye in any meaningful eye you won't be able to move around and fight normally. You won't even be able to open your eye properly. Just because a finger touches the eye or the surrounded area doesn't mean it is actually doing damage. And like i said before, if we're trying to invalidate DC's win because of a poke, we will have to to rewrite the entire history of MMA and make all matches with eye pokes in it a No Contest.

Not sure if people around here are smart enough to understand that it is a fighters responsability to warn the referee if he is unable to see properly due to an illegal strike. No fighter that is truly bothered by a kick to the nuts or an eye poke will just keep fighting if they're truly hurt. They will ask for time off. Stipe wasn't hurt in any meaningful eye from those pokes. He lost because DC is better than him. The dude has 3 losses in his record. DC has 1 loss to an undefeated fighter who is also a fucking cheater. DC has less losses, better wins overall and knocked him the fuck out. I'm pretty convinced that DC is simply just better than Stipe.

Stipe is a great fighter. He has such a weird style. Mouth wide open most of the time. Head straight up and on the center line. Hands kind of low. He’s getting slept again

DC could close his eyes and throw a punch, it’d hit Stipe.

Yeah, I think eyepokes and accidental fouls are all part of the sport and the ref' pretty much plays it by ear. However I do think it was pretty obvious DC was implementing them intentionally and I think because he's got a hardcore fanbase here and people will defend him, even tho when other much more hated fighters like Jon Jones use them as a tactic, even against DC, those same people cry foul play.

Stipe is a big bitch about it tho. I mean the best thing to do is move on and focus on moving forward. Since that loss it seems stipe has done nothing but moan about the result in every interview and demand a rematch.

Stipe is a waste.. hopefully DC knocks him out cold again

Finally he comes out with it.

I knew for a fact that eyepoke has been bothering him since the loss because of how big of a factor it played in him getting caught, but he was too much of a sportsman to bring it up immediately after the loss.
Lmao he got poked in his right eye and the punch that dropped him came from the left eye side.....after Stipe dropped his fucking left arm to his waist on the clinch break.

DC called that shot pre-fight and it landed. I guess every fight in history with a winner that accidently eye poked is now nullified.

From Peru as well. Pretty sure I'm one of the oldest members from Latin America.
That explains your stupidity
Being from some shithole on Earth can't result with being a clever lad.
Feel sorry for you.

That garbage biased video in no way shape or form proves that any of those pokes made Stipe unable to defend himself. I guarantee you that if i really stick my finger inside your eye in any meaningful eye you won't be able to move around and fight normally. You won't even be able to open your eye properly. Just because a finger touches the eye or the surrounded area doesn't mean it is actually doing damage. And like i said before, if we're trying to invalidate DC's win because of a poke, we will have to to rewrite the entire history of MMA and make all matches with eye pokes in it a No Contest.

Not sure if people around here are smart enough to understand that it is a fighters responsability to warn the referee if he is unable to see properly due to an illegal strike. No fighter that is truly bothered by a kick to the nuts or an eye poke will just keep fighting if they're truly hurt. They will ask for time off. Stipe wasn't hurt in any meaningful eye from those pokes. He lost because DC is better than him. The dude has 3 losses in his record. DC has 1 loss to an undefeated fighter who is also a fucking cheater. DC has less losses, better wins overall and knocked him the fuck out. I'm pretty convinced that DC is simply just better than Stipe.
Silly

Got badly poked directly in the eye to the point it displaced his head less than three seconds before the KO. Nobody even saw it.

But yeah, they were not significant. It was a part of his game plan, dude.

UFC is such a b level sport that not one person has learned how to defend against eye pokes. The three stooges worked it out decades ago
giphy.gif

To be fair, no MMA fighter grew up in the same house as Moe Howard.

That explains your stupidity
Being from some shithole on Earth can't result with being a clever lad.
Feel sorry for you.

I teach at 3 universities, am a PhD and MA from UCLA, and an honors BA from Cornell. I speak 3 languages fluently, have published over a dozen articles, and have two books under contract. Chances are I am considerably smarter than you.

Eye pokes only matter when ur jones

If ur a nice guy and family man like dc u can cheat at the weigh ins and eye poke all u want

It's true. DC has learned a few things from the poke GOAT.

Stipe should be lucky DC eye poked him. DC usually saves his fingers for that Popeyes chicken and nothing else.

Didn't Stipe poke him too?

Karma's a bitch

Not nearly as blatant as this he didn’t. And Cormier did it how many times??

And yeah, karma is a bitch. You’ll see on Aug 17th.

Back