Stipe blames DC loss on "Eye Poke"

How is is so hard for all you shertards to understand that when you can't see a punch coming it knocks you out 99% of the time. Stipe's eye gets poked, several seconds later he get KO'd by a punch on that side. It's not hard to figure this shit out. It was obviously a huge factor in the loss.

The punch hit him on the other side not from the one he allegedly got poked, he lost the fight because of a bad tendency that AKA was aware of.
watch the gifs above, you can see clearly where DC's fingers go across BOTH of stipes eyeballs and the first part of it IS on the same side as KO punch. DC's fingers turned stipes whole head as they pushed his nose while going across the eye on his left side.

His hand touches his face and his fingers are actually upwards in the legal position under the new rules but I don't see any fingers getting in Stipe's eyes and he didn't react like he got eye poked.

Stipe lost. Inadvertent contact like the hand in his face happens in a fight. Tough luck but DC gets the win. Bad move to clinch with such risks. DC not like Jones he does not intentionally put his fingers in your face as a distraction. DC has reach and short digits. I consider it a decent win for DC. But understand why Stipe bummed about it.

DC is going to get finished and retire. His wrestling was ineffective the first time, and he was losing the standup until he started gouging Stipe's eyes.

Stipe is the biggest sore loser.i can understand if you went to decision and got robbed but getting koed in the 1st cmon.

why are you making stupid irrelevant comments. You trying to say Stipe is lying and that he didnt get a finger in the eye?

I'm saying that there is no evidence that finger prevented him from doing what he needed to do. A finger to the eye is a bit like a kick to the balls. If it really hits the nail, you won't just ignore it and keep fighting normally. He didn't seem that bothered. Plus, like i said, it's part of the game. To take credit away from DC because of it you would have to rewrite the entire history of MMA and pretty much invalidate every fight ever that has ever had an eye poke in it. You don't get to pick and choose. Also, Stipe also poked DC, so...does that make them even?

Listen: he got knocked the fuck out by a guy who was fighting at LHW and with a little bit of diet could fight at MW. He also got knocked out by Struve. DC is just the better fighter. Deal with it.

I'm saying that there is no evidence that finger prevented him from doing what he needed to do. A finger to the eye is a bit like a kick to the balls. If it really hits the nail, you won't just ignore it and keep fighting normally. He didn't seem that bothered. Plus, like i said, it's part of the game. To take credit away from DC because of it you would have to rewrite the entire history of MMA and pretty much invalidate every fight ever that has ever had an eye poke in it. You don't get to pick and choose. Also, Stipe also poked DC, so...does that make them even?

Listen: he got knocked the fuck out by a guy who was fighting at LHW and with a little bit of diet could fight at MW. He also got knocked out by Struve. DC is just the better fighter. Deal with it.

This.

Not liking how Stipe isn't accepting this loss whatsoever, blames the eye poke, and says he did everything right, "and just missed it."

All that being said, I like Stipe and think it's possible for him to win this fight, but he has to learn from the last fight, DC's clinch work is all time great.

Also the eye poke was pretty fucked up lol
GiganticDrearyButterfly-size_restricted.gif

CheerfulViciousFlounder-size_restricted.gif

LikableGrandioseArmyworm-size_restricted.gif

Stipe was eye poking just as much imo.
And he’s gonna get rekd agin.

Felt the the same way like Stipe does since I first saw the fight and I love DC. Just those eyepokes were fucked up and watching the fight, I remember thinking how come no one is saying anything or doing anything, and then Stipe gets knocked out after another bad one near the end. Stipe wins the rematch, dont care what anyone says

wow, really damning video. good work to whoever put it together, props if it was you.

eyepokes were quite clearly part of the gameplan for daniel, a fighter i respect a lot. sad

Stipe was eye poking just as much imo.
And he’s gonna get rekd agin.

you guys should watch this.

lol@ stipe was poking just as much

He also says he’s fine with poking people, that “it’s working” for him.

"i try telling people its not intentional"

Don't just make shit up man. Never has he "blatantly admits he does them on purpose"

Felt the the same way like Stipe does since I first saw the fight and I love DC. Just those eyepokes were fucked up and watching the fight, I remember thinking how come no one is saying anything or doing anything, and then Stipe gets knocked out after another bad one near the end. Stipe wins the rematch, dont care what anyone says

Most DC's fans are dirty, anyway. They don't mind his idol with an eye poking strategy at all. Some of them accuse Stipe - be astonished - of bringing the eye pokes instead of Cormier, who is already proven - and now with this video, we can't deny anymore - it was a part of his own "strategy".

Yeah yeah... This Popeyes chicken eater will be KTFO this time. You can rob but you can't hide. Stipe by KTFO, bet your house. Easily.

"i try telling people its not intentional"

Don't just make shit up man. Never has he "blatantly admits he does them on purpose"

In that short video clip I posted, Jones literally summarizes his eye pokes by saying “it’s working.”

He gave DC his time and kept his mouth shut for a year about it.. You gotta give him some respect for that. Some guys start with the "Big Book Of.." right at the post fight presser.

I'm laughing at these other posters complaining about how "salty" Stipe is being. It's the leadup to the rematch, for Crissakes. Of course he's going to be asked about the fight, and of course he's going to minimize the nature of DC's victory. Do they think Stipe groveling and saying he fought stupid would excite more PPV sales?

Miocic lost only 3 times in his career.
Struve - tko after eye poke
Jds - close decision lost, destroyed him in the rematch
And finally DC - ko after eye pokes.

Its fight game there is always something. F. E. Gustafsson lost against Rumble after accidential headbutt.
Eye pokes / groin kicks and others faul should be punished more, i dont care if its accident or not. Fighter after 'solid' groin shot or eye poke wont be the same. Referee should take 1 point after 1faul, after 2 2 points, dq after 3.

Stipe is such a moron I can't believe the guy has fans. He's a whiny, excuse ridden, entitled retard.
Anyone who keeps an account here for 17 years should kill themselves. That's just beyond sad.

Back