Stipe blames DC loss on "Eye Poke"

Yes. He should put his fucking hands up
He could not because the brain responds instinctively to protect the area of attack ... like when you ride a bike and flies bump into the the eye ... the reaction is blinking or fingers trying to pull out the intruder, so you do not pay attention to the car you are going to meet. Is it so hard to understand that was tactic on Cormier side...

There was definitely an eyepoke, but that had absolutely nothing to do with him exiting the clinch with his hands down. Stipe is extremely hittable, he's been dropped a ton of times. I don't doubt that the eyepoke had some effect, but it wasn't responsible for the finish. The dude is always wide open and it's why he has so many KO wins himself. His opponents think they can hit him, because they can, but then he's durable enough to eat those shots before firing back with his own. That usually gets him the KO. It didn't work with Cormier, because he's just as durable and hits just as hard.

he's not wrong the eye poke did set up the KO punch. It honestly looked intentional but I give DC the benefit of the doubt because he has no history of fighting dirty in the past. And I believe if he were going to intentionally poke someone it would have been Jones; they were at least as big of fights and he genuinely dislikes Jones (plus no one would care due to Jones history of eye pokes)

Fair, but after 2nd fight I think it will be fair from your side that you do not give him anymore benefit of the doubt.

this fight is proof that you are actually allowed to cheat and you will not get points deducted, just "warnings".

Or, from the rematch experience, not even a warning.
so pathetic.

What is the message for all mma fighters in UFC in the future?
Just stick them into the eyes!!! nobody cares!

Jones eyepokes were recurring and bad, but as far as I can recall he never directly profited from those, did he?

DC on the other hand commit both his eyepokes and instead of stepping back like

Back