Spent the day in South Central LA.

Im white btw,
DustinMattson10-305x457.jpg

Ive been to south central a few times. Its bad but it doesnt compare to north st louis city or east st louis. I was in north city last night and had my car blocked in by at least 40 dudes. Luckily we were buying shit so they let us thru.

All im saying is sometimes reputations grow for no reason and the real shit holes get swept under the rug.

Fuck man. St. Louis is getting bad. And i grew up in ferguson.

I don't mean this to be an asshole, but honestly St Louis is the dirtiest city I've ever been to, bar none. And for the record I grew up in New Jersey and have seen both Newark and Camden up-close more than a few times.

East St Louis especially. Fuck, what a shithole.

damn people in this thread are being ruthless haha. but wtvr. yes the fight story was real, no I didn't get shot cuz I was acting on pure defense and it was in a mcdonalds parking lot in the day. I was in watts as well, im just naming the main streets I remember because of the popularity of there names(slauson, Rosecrans, Manchester, 44th) and ive been in hoods in Houston texas, that although were more run down than la, were nowhere near as sketchy.

ate bbq at a street joint, tipped 2 bucks cuz the guys were friendly and welcoming, usually I don't tip, why??, cue steve buscemi from reservoir dogs quote. but the dude who served me was a happy go lucky old dude just cookin some bbq, he deserved it.

Deserved to get stabbed imo.

If your new to south central, what areas do you avoid?

What areas/streets/neighborhoods are considered south central?

damn people in this thread are being ruthless haha. but wtvr. yes the fight story was real, no I didn't get shot cuz I was acting on pure defense and it was in a mcdonalds parking lot in the day. I was in watts as well, im just naming the main streets I remember because of the popularity of there names(slauson, Rosecrans, Manchester, 44th) and ive been in hoods in Houston texas, that although were more run down than la, were nowhere near as sketchy.

Sorry I don't believe you. Although I do believe u and your friends stuck to the main street sidewalks like glue, your adventure story seems largely exaggerated.

You didn't walk through any neighborhood streets, like 78th st, but thats okay, don't feel like you have to prove something now, Lol you're not about that life and the next time you try walking through those neighborhoods you'd get pressed up against and banged on so hard I wouldn't consider it a joke. Just saying, use your head, a lot of them know you're not from the area just by looking at you.

If your new to south central, what areas do you avoid?

What areas/streets/neighborhoods are considered south central?

from South to North, Imperial hwy to Adams (right where usc campus is) and East to West, Crenshaw to Alameida. It borders Inglewood to the West, Huntingpark/Lywnood to the East, Downtown LA to the North, and Compton/Gardena to the South.

Sorry I don't believe you. Although I do believe u and your friends stuck to the main street sidewalks like glue, your adventure story seems largely exaggerated.

You didn't walk through any neighborhood streets, like 78th st, but thats okay, don't feel like you have to prove something now, Lol you're not about that life and the next time you try walking through those neighborhoods you'd get pressed up against and banged on so hard I wouldn't consider it a joke. Just saying, use your head, a lot of them know you're not from the area just by looking at you.

well that's on you, oh well. and my friend lives in Inglewood and is about that life. and when did I say I didn't walk thru any neighborhood streets? I just listed the 1's I remembered which were the most recognizable and memorable ones. and im also interested as to how u know what I look like lol.

and lol at anyone who would try to bang on me, they would be sooo stupid as im obviously not a gangster in that sense of the word and im not gunna be carrying or anything. what happened to the days where people just fought 1 on 1? I guess its easier to pull a trigger or stab someone aye?

nah, I didn't even have to use my AK. And nothing big, me and my boy stopped at a Mcdonalds to use there wifi and while in the parking lot 3 dudes walked up to us, askin for cigs n weed and all that. we cordially denied, and as were posted in his car, they're just standing outside of the car talking to eachother, looking at us. one of em sporadically smacks the hood and kicks the car so I stepped out like wtf and he flashed a blade and I said you sure you wanna try some shit as I grabbed a bat out the trunk, 1 of his boys tried to run up on me from the other side of the truck and I feinted a swing at him and had him backin up, then I hop in the whip and we drive across the parking lot, I get out, set the bat in the bed and yell "hey, drop that knife and lets catch the fair 1" because at that point i was very mad and a little fucked up... anyways, this fool and his boys started sprinting towards us with the blade in his hand so I hopped in the back and we sped off. not worth it, but this guy and his friends definitely would have lost to me and mine in a fair fight, and they knew this.

You're white?

First post slayed me.

When I travelled the States, we spent a few nights in SC L.A; One of those nights produced perhaps the strangest, most awkward confrontation I've ever had.

Me and two mates (none of us look remotely threatening; two of us, me included, are 5ft 8/9in and skinny, the third dude is 6ft 2/3in but wears black-rimmed glasses and is skinny himself)...we're waiting near a bus stop trying to figure out where we're going to booze. It's around 7pm, it isn't dark yet etc, pretty much daylight. At the time I'm what in 2015 would be called a emo-hipster - this was 2009, skinny jeans, tight-fitting denim jacket, bleached streak in my hair etc, no I'm not proud of it, haha.

Car pulls up to the lights, 3 Hispanic dudes, pure cholo. The one dude in the back, skinhead Mexican looking guy, leans out the window to me and says, "heyyyyyyyy, puto".

I understand a little Spanish, so I laugh quietly, look at the floor, then away to my left. I don't wanna get shot, stabbed or beaten up. My mates are like, "What did he say"?

I whisper "he called me a bitch or *********, something like that".

The skinhead dude then lets rip with - "Yeah I did, boy. Why'd I say that?"

Still looking at the floor, I muster - "Probably the jacket, isn't it?"

He says, "Yeah, the jacket for a start. Boys, tell him." (directed at my friends)

One of them says "Yeah man, I've always thought that jacket looked gay as fuck. Sorry, dude."

He laughs his head off, as do his friends.

I then mumble - "Fine, I guess this is the last time I wear this jacket."

Just as the lights turn, and they drive off, skinhead matey says - "Yeah, definitely."

It was like the most brutal fashion advice I'd ever been given, in a terrifying situation at that! I still chuckle to myself thinking about it, I also never wore that tight denim jacket again!

Sounds like they did you a favor. Your own friends weren't gonna tell you

I went to Compton about 10 years ago. Got mad-dogged pretty hard and got out of there.

Would go back again.

Oh, how my soul does yearn and ache for days such as those

My own father sent me into Compton for ribs once. It was like a joke. Or the most boring part of a rap video.

I was staying in Huntington Park when the L.A. Riots were going down. Yeah that was some scary shit.

did you find it to be a place where bustin a cap is fundamental?

Back