• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sorry but the apex sucks.

Huge fan of the sport of MMA and grateful for free UFC but come on Dana...feels like a super low budget regional show

Either get rid of it or upgrade it .

nothing against small/ club fight atmosphere and smaller fight nights but the UFC is supposed to be the premier MMA organization globally...

Do better.
Whatever you say. I saw a concert in California back in 2016. The way you guys beat the shit out of this is beyond lame. Come on, man.

Here’s one from that concert for you..

Fight Nights has been sucking recently, I don't even watch it anymore, only shitty fights. Remember the day when we had Barry vs Kongo on a UFN?

Huge fan of the sport of MMA and grateful for free UFC but come on Dana...feels like a super low budget regional show

Either get rid of it or upgrade it .

nothing against small/ club fight atmosphere and smaller fight nights but the UFC is supposed to be the premier MMA organization globally...

Do better.
I've been making threads about how much it sucks for a while now, it doesn't do any damn good.

It shouldn't be a surprise that Dana lied to us about going away from the Apex. They don't care how shitty it has become, ESPN is paying the UFC no matter what and fans are apparently still watching that trash.

Cheaper for them sure. I'm sure they're passing the savings on to us and the fighters

As long as Dana has snow in his driveway and Ari has snow he can snort out of a Hollywood he-bitch's ass, then me and my buddies fighting in the SuperBowl of MMA are happy to pick up an extra shift or two at Wendy's.

Why are events at apex? Because its easy?

Nothing to be sorry about. It does suck. The worst part is that even if they're going to keep doing these apex shows, they could make them better. They could pack the place full and make it more of a personalized experience. They just choose not to for some reason.

We used to get a card once every two months. Now we've got cards almost every week. It's an amazing time to be a fan of MMA. While the UFC could put on a show at a small venue like the Hard Rock, it isn't a deal breaker for me.

UFC Fight Nights are to develop the fighters so am fine with the Apex but, UFC is becoming more in demand so even low level Fight Nights are in demand in different states and countries. So UFC is missing out on gate and other income so stop being lazy UFC and stay on the road.
<codychoke>

I honestly don’t understand why they do it. Smaller areas would love to have local ufc events but instead of bringing it to the fans you host it in an empty arena? Seems insulting to the fighters too honestly. At least make it available to the public and fill some seats so the fighters feel like they’re in a real fight
It used to have some crowds, i remember one night i noticed Zack Efron was there, but he also attended boxing on the same night, main point is, they even had celebrities there, but i guess when its the very bottom of the barrel you cant really sell a ticket for it, its just their weekly filler for ESPN.

I don’t like the smaller octagon. I should be the same size everywhere.

Really not sure why the UFC doesn't go in on some deal with a small arena in Vegas in one of the dozens of hotels that have one for these little events. These resorts pay out millions for musicians and acts, not crazy to think the UFC could easily get there cost covered and have the feel of 3K to 4K of fans screaming at these shows. Hell, with the price of UFC events around the country now something like this might be the only way a lot of fans could even get in to see an event.

I always think the whole “at least we get weekly events now” defence is just being ignorant. 2019 they had the same amount of events as they did in 2023 and none of them were at the Apex. It isn’t the travel and logistics holding them back, it’s just incredibly cheap for them.

My issue with the Apex isn’t the lack of a crowd I just feel if they had to build cards with the intent of selling tickets the cards would inevitably be better.

I also have a theory that the Apex has resulted in higher ranked/bigger name fighters being more inactive because in many cases the UFC simply won’t book them for Apex cards and I’m sure many fighters have grown tired of fighting in the Apex so they wait for a PPV spot. I have no data to back up my claim though it’s just a theory I have.

It reminds me of when WCW used to run the Saturday Night show out of Universal/Disney. Smaller, well lit venue, but doesn't have the crowd energy to really make the action pop.

Fight Nights has been sucking recently, I don't even watch it anymore, only shitty fights. Remember the day when we had Barry vs Kongo on a UFN?

Charlie Brenneman was the co-main event but sure great example <{cruzshake}>

Charlie Brenneman was the co-main event but sure great example <{cruzshake}>

That was low key a great card, fun fact about it main event was supposed to be Story vs Marquardt but marquardt tested positive for the pharmacy so they cut him and he went off to strike force and Brenneman filled in on 1 day notice I believe and won.

That was low key a great card, fun fact about it main event was supposed to be Story vs Marquardt but marquardt tested positive for the pharmacy so they cut him and he went off to strike force and Brenneman filled in on 1 day notice I believe and won.

If we're going to go that far with it, than don't leave out that Brenneman had another fight scheduled and didn't just come in off the street unprepared. This was the best they could come up with, which should show you despite all the names on the undercard, at the time those guys were nobodies who casual fans didn't know about and didn't care about.

In 10 years we'll look back at all the names from this undercard and say "wow this was low key great" too.

Back