Media Why are we still in the APEX?

clearly it makes sense for the ufc from a financial perspective... but I agree with others here, that from a fan's point of view, the roster is just too big and we would better cards if the roster was trimmed and there were less crappy ufc events. you can find more talent and better cards in regional events than the bottom half of most apex cards.
"We would have better cards if the roster was trimmed."

There is no we. There is Dana, WME and their business interests. Then there is what the fans get to experience. The decision is made for money/revenue, not for what fans really want.

It's easier. It takes a lot of manpower, time and coordination to set up events throughout the different states and with the volume of events and fighters nowadays it doesn't make sense. APEX is just there ready to be used

Being able to hear strikes and the trashtalk is great. It doesnt make up for the energetic atmosphere the crowd adds for the fighters and in turn, the fight.

Ban the APEX

In the end, is it really a good thing to have such a huge roster and weekly cards ? I suppose it could be made in a clever way, but those Apex cards are just terrible.

Over-saturated product results in diluted boring cards. Would be more exciting if there were 1 a month with 2 super cards a year where every fight was for a belt.

PPV worthy. Current walln splatter isn't worth watching for free.

Apex is fine with me even if they do it too much. Fights every week is cool with me even if the cards are usually not the best. I don't watch live so I just fast forward thru all the between filler and skip the fights I don't care about

Bruh the APEX and Fight Island were great during the time of the pandemic but now they’re just boring as fuck.

Reactions: HHJ
Apex is fine with me even if they do it too much. Fights every week is cool with me even if the cards are usually not the best. I don't watch live so I just fast forward thru all the between filler and skip the fights I don't care about
No never.

This is the weirdest complaint...
No its not fuckin weird at all

Fuck watching events at the APEX

Fight fans want to see fights in front of bloodthirsy mobs,as they should be.

Sure but it seems like they completely gave up on growing the sport because this isn't how you do it. You are robbing guys of great moments and highlights they would have had in front of a crowd which in turn promotes the sport and sells tickets etc. This ain't it
They did, the world domination thing was the Fertitas dream, to do with MMA what Vince did with wrestling, but worldwide.
The soulless corpos that own it now are only interested in squeezing the most amount of money possible from the product.

No its not fuckin weird at all

Fuck watching events at the APEX

Fight fans want to see fights in front of bloodthirsy mobs,as they should be.
I'm ok with the intimacy of the Apex, but do concede that this would not have been so grand in the Apex lol, and without it we would have been robbed of a magnificent spectacle:

B92B640B8A3F32DB6FAE052AA9E82E8A7E439BC4

I'm ok with the intimacy of the Apex, but do concede that this would not have been so grand in the Apex lol, and without it we would have been robbed of a magnificent spectacle:

B92B640B8A3F32DB6FAE052AA9E82E8A7E439BC4
Apex is for TUF gnubs

Apex is for TUF gnubs
lol

<mma4>

It’s one of the weird things that divides this forum. It’s wild, I love it.. Feels nice not to have too many feels about it.

I encourage a heated debate with much flaming

<{ohyeah}>

Surely it's not that hard to come up with decent cards at decent venues. Move it round to smaller cities, and smaller countries. Put one headliner of two top 10 fighters, 4 to 5 locals, and fill out the bottom half with the same stuff they do now. Put it on in markets that have never had cards before and you'll sell 10 thousand seat arenas out every week. UFC doesn't have to fly everybody around, just have 'B-team' presenters, including a retired fighter from the local area. Gets new eyes on the sports in all these markets, grows the sport, and selling 10k tickets at 100 a pop average pays for the costs of moving it around, nothing lost whilst pleasing the fans. It just feels like they've got so lazy, these ideas aren't hard.

Australia, UK, Mexico, Japan, South Korea, France, Canada, should all get two cards a year as part of this.

Why would they get rid of the Apex? They spent money to build it during the pandemic so they have keep the fights going. At this point they are using the Apex for less important fights that might not sell a big crowd. Those fights are still needed to move the division along. They don't make PPV or gate money when they travel. There needs to be an incentive for the UFC to travel. I understand big markets like UK, Canada and Australia. Those are places that are easy layups for them. I can see the company justifying not making as much profit in order to try to expand into markets like Mexico, China and France.

Last edited:
Being able to hear strikes and the trashtalk is great. It doesnt make up for the energetic atmosphere the crowd adds for the fighters and in turn, the fight.

Ban the APEX

You hear next to nothing because the sound mixing of UFC has been terrible since like a decade.
There used to be a time they actually had a decent sound engineer that made sure the octagon was mic'd well, you could hear the steps, the kicks and the punches.

APEX has slightly better audio due to less noise, but the commentators don't know how to stfu and are constantly talking. It annoys me a lot.
I enjoyed the soundscape of the APEX at the beginning, but lately the commentators are really going crazy and it feels like the outside of the octagon is better mic'd than the inside.

the apex isn’t so bad. you want a crowd? no problemo. they can just dub it in post-production. if there’s a ko, they can play a sound sample of the crowd going “oooooohhh!!!” you won’t know the difference. worse comes to worse, they can just play the sound samples live through a loudspeaker.
Ya sports tried that during Covid and it failed horribly

Back