Media Why are we still in the APEX?

Because they own it , so they don’t have to rent a building, it’s about money

They can charge as much as $1600 for a ticket at the Apex, so the profit margin is quite high.

They should expand the Apex so they can put more seats in.

It's like the AI vs paid staff issue that's gonna become a problem in tech businesses moving forward. Business are gonna rather have AI with a few paid staff double checking it vs 100 paid staff. It's better for the UFC if they don't pay venue fees for their smaller cards.

The Apex is a brilliant location to produce the off prime night fight cards. The UFC can focus on the fighters and the event without the hassle of tickets, venders, security, clean up etc.

Reading comprehension, shill.

I said they need to significantly reduce the number of them too. Apex cards should only be a handful a year, not the 17 we got last year and 3/4 we have so far this year.

Differentiating quality is important. You treat major league games like minor league games, then the whole thing becomes the minor league.

The quantity of cards corresponds to the revenue they get from ESPN+. They are contractually obligated to keep pumping these cards out. It would severely impact their finances to cut back on the number of cards. Blame the business model, as I have. As long as the ESPN+ deal remains this is what we are getting.

The quantity of cards corresponds to the revenue they get from ESPN+. They are contractually obligated to keep pumping these cards out. It would severely impact their finances to cut back on the number of cards. Blame the business model, as I have. As long as the ESPN+ deal remains this is what we are getting.
It would be great if their next media deal facilitates more selective event line-ups.

They should expand the Apex so they can put more seats in.

It's like the AI vs paid staff issue that's gonna become a problem in tech businesses moving forward. Business are gonna rather have AI with a few paid staff double checking it vs 100 paid staff. It's better for the UFC if they don't pay venue fees for their smaller cards.
I would bet even these small throwaway cards could sell a couple thousand tickets. They used to do some pretty small arenas for Fight Nights. Even a small crowd would add something.

I would bet even these small throwaway cards could sell a couple thousand tickets. They used to do some pretty small arenas for Fight Nights. Even a small crowd would add something.
Not when you figure in the costs of having an audience. Staff, security, clean up, insurance, food and beverage, clean up. At a certain point it’s not worth the hassle when you’re getting the bulk of your profit from ESPN. At least when they go to a large arena, that place handles most of those issues.

Not when you figure in the costs of having an audience. Staff, security, clean up, insurance, food and beverage, clean up. At a certain point it’s not worth the hassle when you’re getting the bulk of your profit from ESPN. At least when they go to a large arena, that place handles most of those issues.
I wasn’t speaking to the logistics of it, just to what would make it more enjoyable as a fan. I said in another post how much it makes sense for them, Apex is not going anywhere.

I wasn’t speaking to the logistics of it, just to what would make it more enjoyable as a fan. I said in another post how much it makes sense for them, Apex is not going anywhere.
You said it could sell a couple thousand tickets. Then said even a small crowd would add something. I took it as you were talking profit/cash flow.

I love watching fights. I want fights to watch every weekend, wherever.

You said it could sell a couple thousand tickets. Then said even a small crowd would add something. I took it as you were talking profit/cash flow.
Ah, I just meant they could probably still sell a couple thousand tickets and even having a small crowd would make for a better atmosphere.

I didn't say cut the total number of cards, I said cut back on the Apex cards as in change them to crowd shows. I acknowledged they are bound by the ESPN deal in the first post, which is why I said some Apex cards are necessary.

But these Apex cards should be differentiated because when people turn on to bum fights in empty warehouses, it gives a bad impression of the product as a whole.

Try to follow along.

I do blame the business model. But even the UFC itself claimed it was going to 'get out of the Apex' - they know it is a problem. The sweetheart deal has made them very lazy. They are doing great but MMA as a global sport is suffering. And in the long-term, that will hurt the UFC too.

I don't like this dude but he's completely correct here. We barely get any fight nights in front of a crowd anymore and what we're served in the apex is utter garbage. I haven't watched a full fight night card in a long time. It has been killing my excitement for the sport.

I watch all of the fight night cards. I love 'em. Always some bangers in the prelims and the main.

I love the apex because you can hear impacts. You can tell when something lands hard. Also, you can hear the fighters and the corners.

I like Strickland. I respect what he's done.
That sneako thing today was brutal, but I ultimately approved, because as bad as it was, the sneako had every chance, and he also had it coming.

Anyway, back to apex.
I thought the Jack thing was brutal. "Come on Jack!"
Brutal.
But I can live with it.
Never woulda heard any of it if it wasn't apex.

UFC is great.
I watch all the fights.
UFC is prospering.
Hell, there's even a 15 year old UFC discussion forum that is constantly busy and sometimes useful.
I can't remember the name.
Sherblog, or something like that. Check it out.
UFC is doing great.
Great fights, 3 weekends per month, year after year.
Great.
UFC is great.

I watch all of the fight night cards. I love 'em. Always some bangers in the prelims and the main.

I love the apex because you can hear impacts. You can tell when something lands hard. Also, you can hear the fighters and the corners.

I like Strickland. I respect what he's done.
That sneako thing today was brutal, but I ultimately approved, because as bad as it was, the sneako had every chance, and he also had it coming.

Anyway, back to apex.
I thought the Jack thing was brutal. "Come on Jack!"
Brutal.
But I can live with it.
Never woulda heard any of it if it wasn't apex.

UFC is great.
I watch all the fights.
UFC is prospering.
Hell, there's even a 15 year old UFC discussion forum that is constantly busy and sometimes useful.
I can't remember the name.
Sherblog, or something like that. Check it out.
UFC is doing great.
Great fights, 3 weekends per month, year after year.
Great.
UFC is great.
<{Joewithit}>

Ufc should go to 1 Apex card, 1 FN crowd fight and 1 PPV per month.

Consolidate a touch and improve overall quality.

And for the love, speed up the production.

Why do people hate MMA Guru by the way?

I don't watch him, I've only seen clips and sometimes they're pretty funny and just over the top piss taking.

He talks exactly how Sherdoggers post tbh, he's just a WUM with some valid points.

Just don’t get why they still haven’t redesigned the apex so that it looks halfway awesome, like a real fighting space with awesome colors.

Even the space or gym they use for TUF with bleacher seats looks so much better than the apex. Kind of bizarre seeing that drab and flowing monochrome green everywhere.
Pretty sure TUF fights nowadays are held at the Apex

Back