• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Someone else would have gotten ridiculous praise for this - Nobody has done this to Usman

Rewatching it. Done with the first round. If that round wasn't a 10-8...it was fucking close to one. I have no problem with the judges giving him the 10-8 that round. Wasn't the strike totals like 43 to 2 for khamzat? Blasting his head with punches and elbows, flattening him out multiple times. Nearly getting fight ending chokes.

Diaz beat Conor on 2 weeks notice, Bisping beat Rockhold etc. Usman was preparing for a fight in December. Nothing at all showed me that even with a full camp Usman could deal with the wrestling. He was ragdolled
Short notice benefitted usman more if anything

Huge difference in the amount of energy used to take / keep usman down compared to Costa.

That was a grueling fight. With a camp that had usman in mind, his cardio would've held up better.

Someone else would have gotten ridiculous praise for this - Nobody has done this to Usman

Once I saw a man kick Usman stone cold dead, and all I heard afterward is how lucky the guy was. As far as Chimaev goes, I thought he looked really good, but the way he slowed down leaves me wondering about how a five rounder might have gone.

I really love reading your posts, you have a way of cutting through the bullshit.

A lot of other factors at play. Short notice+moving up a weight class=im not really sure what it means, which I feel like is the popular takeaway.

Have you ever seen Usman in his entire career dominated like this. I saw Usman's face going to his corner in the first round he had this face written allover it holy shxt I have never experienced this before in my life moment. Usman has never been laid and prayed or overpowered in the grappling but this was first time and he didn't even believe this was possible he is a good wrestler.

The issues is that Khamzat is held at high pedestal where he has to run thru everyone within minutes this narrative has to die.

Imagine if Chimaev started doing a Israel Adesanya coasting thru decisions by being defensive he would have been sacrificed on an alter.

I still think Chimaev runs thru the division he will beat some quick, some mid-way and others he will take them to decision
Khamzat WILL be champion.

Have you ever seen Usman in his entire career dominated like this. I saw Usman's face going to his corner in the first round he had this face written allover it holy shxt I have never experienced this before in my life moment. Usman has never been laid and prayed or overpowered in the grappling but this was first time and he didn't even believe this was possible he is a good wrestler.

The issues is that Khamzat is held at high pedestal where he has to run thru everyone within minutes this narrative has to die.

Imagine if Chimaev started doing a Israel Adesanya coasting thru decisions by being defensive he would have been sacrificed on an alter.

I still think Chimaev runs thru the division he will beat some quick, some mid-way and others he will take them to decision

Lol Chimaev doesnt have the IQ to fight like Izzy or the ability, stop making excuses for him exploding and using all his energy in rd 1 - like he has done in all his fights.

Usman is over the hill at this point, with two shot knees. He is also smaller and was coming in on short notice. The fact that khamzat didn't finish him, and then proceeded to get pieced up a bit in the third, tells me the jury is still out on him. Don't get me wrong, he's clearly talented, but I'm not sure he's got what it takes to be a dominant champ. He could probably beat strickland though, tbh.
Lol but he lost and nobody is talking about his knees but he had only 2 week notice so what is it usman apologist his knees or 2 week notice fight

Lol Chimaev doesnt have the IQ to fight like Izzy or the ability, stop making excuses for him exploding and using all his energy in rd 1 - like he has done in all his fights.
Izzy has been going against favorable style and lost to huge underdog but he has coasted majority of the time

Usman looked freakin big and jacked. He wasn't outsized. Was he. Only saw the weigh in.

Nobody else has done that to a 36-year-old Usman with bum knees in his middleweight debut, funnily enough because nobody else has fought a 36-year-old Usman with bum knees in his middleweight debut.

Nobody else has done that to a 36-year-old Usman with bum knees in his middleweight debut, funnily enough because nobody else has fought a 36-year-old Usman with bum knees in his middleweight debut.
His knees have been gone for years. But his TDD is still always really good.

The issue was Khazmat is a level above him in the wrestling. Maybe a few.

He lost 2 rounds against a naturally smaller fighters who took fight on short notice. Also hebis insanely over hyped so ive no idea what you are talking about

He lost 2 rounds against a naturally smaller fighters who took fight on short notice. Also hebis insanely over hyped so ive no idea what you are talking about

This is delulu if you think Usman won 3rd round he was held down and gnp half of the round

Adrenaline is a helluva drug. I was hit by an Asian driver while on my motorcycle and broke my wrist. I was able to pick up my bike, ride it home and then get sauced at a Bday party before realizing I needed to go to the hospital.
had to drop "asian driver" in there huh?

It was an amazing first round. If he had got the choke, which Usman just managed to save with the hail Mary Judo throw, it would be remembered as one of the legendary MMA victories.

Khamzat is an elite fighter. You can't say that a guy who beat Gilbert and Kamaru isn't.

However, he's not invincible. Exciting, but not invincible. If he fights Strickland and doesn't have him out of there within 2, he could be in trouble.
I don't think you're approaching that fight the right way

Holding and keeping usman down is a completely different animal than Costa.

If you have a full camp to train for Usman, you're preparing for a grueling fight.

Getting that kind of opponent change on short notice is a huge deal. I think his tank would've held up fine, had he actually prepared for Usman.

When you know you're preparing for a 5 round fight, then you train to pace yourself as well.

He did burn an absurd amount of energy in the first though, even just holding the body triangle.

Online forum fanbases of pretty much anything tend to lean towards negativity over the thing they're so passionate about. Its an interesting psychological phenomenon. I mean, over that one card on this forum we've had Khamzat shouldnt get credit, Islam shouldnt get credit, Shara looked garbage and the card sucked lol.

It was a good display of grappling, unless cage weights come out and he was 20 pounds heavier lol, but short notice moving up welterweight usman outstruck him. He may have broken his wrist but he barely threw anything, didn’t target the knees of usman, was clearly gassed, bad stand up display, should have been a 28-28 draw
30-26 Chimaev

No, some people should be booted from this site for adding nothing but name calling and horrible reading comprehension thinking that anyone who points out diminished skills of an older fighter who is for a fact on a two fight losing streak and is nowhere near his prime is somehow saying he’s a bum. He’s not a bum. Nothing I said suggested that I thought he was. Fact is he’s lost twice and is fighting a bigger fighter than him so we shouldn’t be spouting off hyperbole that nobody has done this to him. He’s not the same fighter that has 97% td defense. What’s his td defense in the two prior fights? Or throw in the 3rd prior fight. Although at this point that was years ago. Also I pointed out that the control Khamzat had in the first was impressive. And furthermore, would be impressive vs anyone. So you should be less emotional about who you attack because what you’re arguing has nothing to do with me.
I apologize

Was having a day yesterday and not choosing words / arguments very well.

Back