Should we assume Canelo beats whoever he is scheduled to fight.

You'll pretty much never see me ranting about corruption because of a scorecard. I honestly think its the most boneheaded, crybaby argument I can think of.
You are incredibly naive for someone who follows the sport.

Old men or favoured judging seems to be the recurring motif behind some of his "bigger" wins.

I say that Jacobs, Lara, and Trout were all legit, top level, no excuse wins (but even then he got some wide cards in his favour).

Last edited:
Given that any close round will be given to Canelo, it's almost impossible for him to lose any fight unless he takes someone that is much bigger than him and would actually hurt him and put him out. He will probably stay away from LHW (and even there only see Beterbiev capable of doing that) now but otherwise he pretty much can't lose because a) he is very competent and one of the best active boxers and b) he has one of the best chins.

So how exactly can Canelo lose? There is absolutely nobody in any of the divisions he will continue fighting in that can outclass him clearly, or beat him by such a wide margin that giving a Canelo decision would raise enough eyebrows anymore. Canelo is just automatically expected to get it.

I don't think people realize just how big of an edge getting the benefit of the doubt in most close rounds is. Hell, DAZN even promotes their Canelo bias via the commentators nowadays and nobody cares much. And why wouldn't they do their best to protect their most important asset given their investment and current situation..

So I personally expect Canelo to continue winning for a very long time, with a few "close" decisions here and there where he was never in any danger of losing really, and the droolers on the forum going like "well yeah it could've gone either way" after Canelo wins his 7-8th contested decision vs. someone competent. Since let's face it's, he does not shy away from competition, that's for sure. And why would he?

Agree.

And if there is a legit threat he can wait him out as he has done in the past.

So there's no real point then?

When you get to a certain status, it's like a game of thrones. You're not just fighting anymore. So yes, you prey on old title holders who are much bigger. It's actually what you're supposed to do, i'd argue.

He's at the point where he can do anything he wants....like Floyd used to.

Kind of why I lost that loving feeling for boxing. Once I clued into that, my passion really waned....

Kind of why I lost that loving feeling for boxing. Once I clued into that, my passion really waned....
I don't buy that. Come on, boxing has always had stars who call the shots.

I don't mind it, i grew up watching Floyd so it's pretty much par for the course

I don't mind it, i grew up watching Floyd so it's pretty much par for the course

It' not a Floyd thing for me, but I get where you are coming from. For me, it's who really is the best? Not, who gets to use artifice and cheat or both to pretend to be the best.

I'm not for that. So, boxing, to me is the pageantry of the deceptive. Fuck that. Guys like Donaire are 365/24/7 clean tested. I respect that more than Erik Morales who accomplished a lot more, but was a found cheater later (which means it was his first time getting busted, not first time cheating).

I'm not selling anything, and I don't care what you are willing to emotionally buy. As I said in a very recent post, when I finally caught up and realized that artifice and cheating rule more than honesty and true ability. When I recognized that those deceptions mar the determination of who is the best.

You keep chalking up shoddy cards to loose coincidence ("hey it's possible"), but I can't do that anymore. I haven't been able to for a while. Guess what? The WBC giving Canelo a built-in clenbuterol cheat code only encourages cheating. "Well if the clenbuterol is from tainted meat, then we MUST excuse it." Fucking crooks. Alll tapping their cigars and circle jerking each other. Expext more cheating. It's like trying to be a noble cop in Mexico when the criminals threaten your family. Of course you'll bend your honesty. Let's all bend our honesty and praise the cheaters who pretend to be honest men. The world needs more of that. This is a good sport filled with shitty people. There's more bad than good.

It's hard to hold on, it's harder to let go.

Yeah but it used to be that those fighters had to earn that status. Canelo just seemed to be privileged with it since the beginning.

Yeah but it used to be that those fighters had to earn that status. Canelo just seemed to be privileged with it since the beginning.
What are your thoughts on Lomachenko?

Lol that's a pretty dumb post

What are your thoughts on Lomachenko?

Similar boat as he is a golden boy. I saw recently that espn erased his loss to salido. But he has the kind of concrete victories canelos lacks imo.

As a fighter he's a good fighter with no reach whose destroyed when he fought his high competition. I do think he's a little overrated though.

Similar boat as he is a golden boy. I saw recently that espn erased his loss to salido. But he has the kind of concrete victories canelos lacks imo.

As a fighter he's a good fighter with no reach whose destroyed when he fought his high competition. I do think he's a little overrated though.
I can't wrap my head around anyone saying Canelo's resume is not deep.

People truly just see what they want without bothering to just take it all in

Wait, what? Canelo's resume is far better than Lomachenko's.

His resume doesn't tell the story. When he fought the best in guy he arguably lost both times. He arguably lost to Lara and in fact may have lost to trout. Like I said lomachenko destroyed rigo. Canelo did not destroy GGG or in fact any dangerous competition hes faced except kovalev.

Ive given canelo props for the kovalev KO. And yes canelos resume is deep but his actual performances arent that impressive

Back