1. Walt Harris' daughter is missing around Auburn, Alabama. Please read this thread for more information.

Should we assume Canelo beats whoever he is scheduled to fight.

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by revoltub, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Buddy Revell

Buddy Revell Amazon Prime Unboxing Champion

Doubt Ward comes back. The fight makes no sense for him anyway. Beating the smaller Canelo isn’t going to elevate him to some other echelon. And Ward would beat him in an ugly and/or boring fight that would once again leave non fans of his unimpressed

Gregoire1 and revoltub like this.
  2. RobotGod

RobotGod White Belt

Mayweather had this level of hate too. Canelo the best in the business right now. Lomo needs to fight some big names but cant.Canelo vs Andre Ward would of happened if Canelo arrived a bit earlier on the scene

3. aries

aries Silver Belt

Excellent post. Couldn't agree more.

4. aries

aries Silver Belt

I don't think this is about Canelo being hated. I certainly don't hate him and love watching him fight, the man is a master BUT I notice he gets favourable decisions. Are we not allowed to point that out? It's the elephant in the room. Personally I was so glad he knocked Kovalev out.

DM1982 likes this.
  5. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

Its the pervasive opinion of him in the outside world. The like it or lump it crowd arent really doing him any favours.

As for the Kovalev bout, in hindsight, Canelo employed Floyd's Mcgregor blueprint. Pressure the bigger, stronger guy, throwing sparingly until he fades, then KO him. Although it makes for a pretty dull fight, its a proven winning strategy.

6. aries

aries Silver Belt

Yeah I've never been one just to respect authority without questioning it or think that just because something is official that it's automatically correct so I find it surprising when I see intelligent people just towing the official line without question.

Yeah Canelo had a good strategy. He knew that Kov's stamina would fail later in the fight if he pressured him enough. It wasn't much of a spectacle but I was pleased with the final result and the way it ended, no question marks with this one.

7. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

Honestly, I think Canelo has surpassed Mayweather in terms of fans being desperate to see him lose.

borntoloseNOT likes this.
  8. borntoloseNOT

borntoloseNOT Brown Belt

Which is amazing because he already lost. The hate is immense.