Should we assume Canelo beats whoever he is scheduled to fight.

Kovalev was shot
He got paid.

You're sort of a sucker if you don't understand how these transactions happen.

It is what it is man.

He got paid.

You're sort of a sucker if you don't understand how these transactions happen.

It is what it is man.

I understand the transactions.

Canelo cashed in. But let's not act like he cashes in 2016.

I understand the transactions.

Canelo cashed in. But let's not act like he cashes in 2016.
That's the entire point.

You're getting suckered into thinking people aren't playing the game....like these are just fights....they aren't. This is a business.

That's the entire point.

You're getting suckered into thinking people aren't playing the game....like these are just fights....they aren't. This is a business.

I know they are playing games. Youre the one missing the point here.

I know they are playing games. Youre the one missing the point here.
No actually i do. It's gone on in boxing all throughout history....

Never said it didn't
So there's no real point then?

When you get to a certain status, it's like a game of thrones. You're not just fighting anymore. So yes, you prey on old title holders who are much bigger. It's actually what you're supposed to do, i'd argue.

He's at the point where he can do anything he wants....like Floyd used to.

So there's no real point then?

When you get to a certain status, it's like a game of thrones. You're not just fighting anymore. So yes, you prey on old title holders who are much bigger. It's actually what you're supposed to do, i'd argue.

He's at the point where he can do anything he wants....like Floyd used to.

I don't think you understand the conversation. Not trying to be a dick

I don't think you understand the conversation. Not trying to be a dick
Then what is it? Canelo cherry picks? Because that's literally the name of the game...

Unless he fights Beterbiev he will be a massive favorite against his opponents in the forseeable future.

You make it sound like a network favouring their cash cow in the commentary is some novel thing. It's far and away the norm, not some weird exception. Money fighters do tend to get more favourable scorecards. That's been the norm in boxing for a long time.

As it stands, Canelo actually has lost a fight by decision (the only decision he's gone to where he was very clearly beaten). He has gotten the benefit of the doubt in several other very close fights (Trout, Lara, Golovkin 2) and gotten a draw in another genuinely close fight (Golovkin 1). Most expect him to get the benefit of the doubt in closer fights, seeing as he is the biggest moneymaker in boxing, and I don't necessarily think that's wrong to assume, but having the view where his oppnents more or less can't win on the cards is ridiculous at this point. When he wins a decision that he clearly lost, this type of hyperbole might start to make sense, but until then, it's just that.

Lol @ thinking Mayweather Canelo is anywhere near current Canelo in terms of bargaining power or drawing power.

Favoritism has happened in boxing before sure, but not to the extent that Canelo is seeing. The entire DAZN platform was built off of him. This will only become more egregious as we go forward.

I guess he could possibly lose a close decision, but only if it's vs. GGG, so that there is potential to set up further matches in the near future.

You act like no judge has ever done a shitty job scoring a fight prior to Canelo being a thing.
Yet it's happened in both of Canelo' s biggest fights. Damn the guy is unlucky.

So what you are saying is that you think Ward will win unless Canelo signs to fight him? In which case you will change your opinion to it being a cherry-pick

<{vega}>

On a side note; I already knew before I entered the thread that Seano would be bitching about the bitching of Canelo scorecards. <{outtahere}>

So what you are saying is that you think Ward will win unless Canelo signs to fight him? In which case you will change your opinion to it being a cherry-pick

<{vega}>

On a side note; I already knew before I entered the thread that Seano would be bitching about the bitching of Canelo scorecards. <{outtahere}>

Yes thats exactly correct

Yet it's happened in both of Canelo' s biggest fights. Damn the guy is unlucky.
*yawn* Seeing as he didn't win either fight, I'd say no.

Like I said, its not surprising considering one was Adeliade Byrd. You just never cared about her shitty judging until a guy you liked lost.

Sorry, excuse the American in me (I'm really hungover). I didn't realise you being sarcastic. <28>

I'm not. Just hear me out

If the wbc or whoever FORCED canelo to fight Ward, id pick ward. BUT if Canelo called out Ward, id be like alright Canelo should probably win this.

Canelo is a bad ass and is really cementing his legacy. That being said him winning like this keeps reminding me how impressive Floyd Mayweather's W was over him, and I'm not a fan of either of them.

*yawn* Seeing as he didn't win either fight, I'd say no.

Like I said, its not surprising considering one was Adeliade Byrd. You just never cared about her shitty judging until a guy you liked lost.
How convenient that you choose to ignore obvious corruption when it suits you. GGG didn't lose so I don't know what you are on about.

How convenient that you choose to ignore obvious corruption when it suits you. GGG didn't lose so I don't know what you are on about.
You'll pretty much never see me ranting about corruption because of a scorecard. I honestly think its the most boneheaded, crybaby argument I can think of.

Back