• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Shogun and Poatan nearly come to BLOWS near elevator

man, you love taking digs at poatan....every fighter from the past beats in your mind

Not every fighter there are guys Poatan could beat but he'd lose to a lot of the greats from the past

There are some guys he could surprise but there are guys who'd surprise him too and there are guys who would take him down and not let him up.

I actually like Poatan and have been following his career longer than most of these fanboys who recently jumped on his train.

I was watching him fight live in Glory many years ago. I hespect of heem but his fanboys our out of control.

Not every fighter there are guys Poatan could beat but he'd lose to a lot of the greats from the past

There are some guys he could surprise but there are guys who'd surprise him too and there are guys who would take him down and not let him up.

I actually like Poatan and have been following his career longer than most of these fanboys who recently jumped on his train.

I was watching him fight live in Glory many years ago. I hespect of heem but his fanboys our out of control.
Fair enough, unc. Some Ppl were suggesting that he beats Fedor and Bones so I get where ya coming from

LHW and HW hasn't evolved at all. There are some elite fighters but the overall talent pool is still shallow as fuck.

No other division would a washed Arlovski be able to hang around for an extra decade
MW too

Pride shogun probably makes it look like the 1st Nog fight eating some heavy hands standing but dominating the ground.

UFC Shogun didn’t seem as relentless as a grappler and he probably gets melted on the feet

Shogun was a murderer back in the day. One of my favorite fighters of that generation for sure.
Those knee injuries did a number on him. His 1st fight vs hendo is the greatest mma fight of all time in my book. My friend was there live and said almost everyone was standing during the entire 5 rounds.

Those knee injuries did a number on him. His 1st fight vs hendo is the greatest mma fight of all time in my book. My friend was there live and said almost everyone was standing during the entire 5 rounds.
yeah, those bills always come after so many freaking wars.
in this particular fight, damn, i cant remember how many H bombs Shogun ate rounds 1-3. How he survived that. Hendo was semi dead R5 but never quit. That fight was incredible indeed.

I just rewatched a bunch of his fights recently and I totally forgot how they went. It makes me sad that I'm forgetting Shogun while my head is full of current UFC garbage.
Every now and then I start thinking of fighters like him and Wanderlei as bums, until I dream of them mercilessly soccer kicking my head into the next dimension and it all goes back to normal

2005 Shogun vs 205 Alex (Pride Rules)

hulk-hogan-reaction-with-eyes-closed-pkqojfedd0h0rjzb.gif
Imagine being a lady and seeing this on top of you. Fucking gross. LOL.

Back