• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media The Epic 5-Minute Stare-Down: Poatan vs. Jiri

Alex was tentative in their first fight, held back on most of his punches, not quite sure what it was like to fight Jiri or what to expect.

In the second fight, Alex was throwing sizzling punches and kicks, with everything on them.

He had sized Jiri up from the first fight, and was in there for blood in the second fight.

Had no respect for Jiri, who look like a rank amateur by comparison, and it showed in the results.

Epic staredown

It lasted longer than the fight itself, tho

I'd have to see it again but I would imagine it started when they both got into the cage until the time that they were called to the center. So add in all the Buffer stuff and it might've totaled around that long.
Yeah I'm sure that's what was going on. I rewatched it about an hour ago but forgot to pay attention and just ffwd'd to the 2nd round

yes thank you for posting this I didn't want to be a buzzkill

Rogan can't let things organically happen. Calling it the greatest staredown of all time as it's happening is so so lame.
Rogan is the worst for it, but all the current commentators have bad cases of "Partofhistoryitis". It's like when they overreact to a finish hoping it'll go viral. Part of why Laura Sanko was such a breath of fresh air. She has a lot to learn about broadcasting, but she actually seems grateful to be there.

I dont know who planned it, or saw it live and made it happen, but that person deserves a raise.

For me, it's this look. I've noticed it in both the hill and jiri fights. Dude looks like a murderer and when I saw him give hill this glare I knew he was fucked.
The fact that he barely speaks even in his own language, or has any expressions makes it for me, the man is the definition of a silent killer.

Back