Media Sean Strickland: "I keep getting asked to fight Whittaker. I beat Izzy, the world knows I beat DDP. Whittaker lost to both."

These are sad times when a fighter has zero title defenses, loses the belt, and feels so entitled that he thinks one win (over someone not even top 5) justifies "waiting" for a title shot. When other people display this kind of entitlement, wingnuts like Strickland call them snowflakes and p*ssies. Add this to Strickland's hypocrisy resume.

Friendly reminder, Strickland was gifted his first title shot when he was ranked #5 and had zero top-5 wins. Now he's demanding another one after beating #7 Costa.

Whittaker-Strickland is the obvious fight to make. If Strickland refuses, just do Whittaker-Imavov for the next shot.

I mean, he didn’t beat DDP though. He’s just popular and gets a lot of glaze for his unique style. He could have done more, instead of settling for mosquito jabs.

Whittaker honestly has a better claim to a title shot. He beat costa when costa was coming off a win, plus did the ufc a favour and took on ikram saving the card from falling apart.

perhaps izzy is pulling out of his first fight ever?
I think it's more likely they're in early talks of him being the replacement fighter which I think Dana's alluded to. In all honesty I really can't see either Izzy or DDP pulling out once the fight is official, unless it's something that's really severe

giphy.gif

These are sad times when a fighter has zero title defenses, loses the belt, and feels so entitled that he thinks one win (over someone not even top 5) justifies "waiting" for a title shot. When other people display this kind of entitlement, wingnuts like Strickland call them snowflakes and p*ssies. Add this to Strickland's hypocrisy resume.

Friendly reminder, Strickland was gifted his first title shot when he was ranked #5 and had zero top-5 wins. Now he's demanding another one after beating #7 Costa.

Whittaker-Strickland is the obvious fight to make. If Strickland refuses, just do Whittaker-Imavov for the next shot.
Strickland is a massive manchild hypocrite but a lot of this can be shelled to the UFC being dogshit at matchmaking. Costa had no business fighting the ex-champ after losing to Rob.

Rob should of fought Sean in Jersey not Costa. They should of made Costa fight Khamzat or someone lower on the totem pole.

Last edited:
Personally, I hope Izzy pulls out and Rob gets the shot.

At least with Rob as champ he'll fight whoever the UFC offers him.
but he'll never ever be champ because DDP will smoke him again.

Rob should of fought Sean in Jersey not Costa. They should of made Costa fight Khamzat or someone lower on the totem pole.

All this match making fuckery just to bend over backwards for khamzat.

Is anyone surprised? This is exactly what I expected Sean to say.

I get it, most guys get rematches on super close fights and he didnt, went and got a win and now they want him to take another.

He does deserve it but everyone knows the UFC will fuck him if they can make more on someone else, or even just to send a message.

If he does wait out Rob will fight Allen or Imavov and the winner of that fight could very easily leapfrog him.

If Izzy wins I don't see the point in a bobby rematch. I just don't think he has it to beat him. The leg kicks and his T-Rex arms aren't working. A DDP rematch...id still be disappointed Sean didn't get it but I could see Bobby being competitive this time.

I can see Sean's point but it may not work out for him. If they make Rob vs Imavov or Khamzat gets a win he could find himself out of the mix.

Whittaker also lost to Izzy and DDP clearly.

Strickland clearly beat Izzy and lost a split to Dricus. Very different scenarios.
a lot of people say Whittaker won the second Izzy fight, just like a lot of people say Strickland won the DDP fight.

The answer is easy, they fight each other, Whittaker has as much claim to a shot as Sstrickland.

Back