News Sean O'Malley vs Merab Dvalishvili set for UFC 306 Main Event on September 13th

Who wins?

• Total voters
Merab needs to drill phone to the ear on the right side

Merab is very sloppy defensively, is chinny, closes the distance by marching forward, and has bad top control.

So hes gonna have to move forward trying to cut off Sean without getting his lights sparked out, and then if he does and is able to secure a takedown he most likely wont be able to hold down Sean, which leads to another round of try not to eat a counter on the chin while trying to close the distance.

Oh yeah not to mention that he has close to zero finishing ability, so he’ll need to do that for 5 rounds.

Honestly this is Seans fight to lose. Im really hoping I’m wrong and Merab wins, but I think the forecast is bleak.

Last edited:
Love it. Really looking forward to this. I have this almost unproven idea that Merab has got an amazing chin. I think he Merabs him to a UD

Merab was getting rocked by trex arm Moraes and Cejudo, both off of him moving forward and getting counter left hooked. He's going to sleep here.

Sean isn't going to want anything to do with fighting Max
<LynchWink>

Don't worry if O'malley KOs Merab everybody who said O'malley would get destroyed will all of a sudden remember how chinny and shitty Merab is and how he hadn't beaten anyone other han old fighters and almost got KOed several times....which means O'malley will still be a bum as well

Either Merab by dominant UD or Sean by fixed-fight-speed KO stoppage approved by Herb Dean one millisecond after Merab is hurt once

Don't worry if O'malley KOs Merab everybody who said O'malley would get destroyed will all of a sudden remember how chinny and shitty Merab is and how he hadn't beaten anyone other han old fighters and almost got KOed several times....which means O'malley will still be a bum as well
This is my expectation as well <lol>

I hope he doesn't, as a Merab title reign would end up as the most boring one in the divisions history.
If he doesn't, that left hook KO is coming. It's his main weakness, and not a good one to have against O'Malley

I understand why Sean gets some hate, but he is undeniable at this point.

The only fight where he wasn't completely dominant (that he won) was against Petr Yan, and that decision could have gone either way... I'd have been fine with whichever result because it was a banger.

This matchup feels like Aljo 2.0: if Sean gets taken down, he's probably in trouble, and if Merab can't take him down, he's probably in trouble.

Good luck to both fighters.

UFC wants a new Conor so fucking bad, it's hilarious. O'Malley can fight and is a fantastic striker but he has all the charisma of a slightly moist towelette. Having him headline this Mexican themed event is certainly one of the decisions of all time.

UFC wants a new Conor so fucking bad, it's hilarious. O'Malley can fight and is a fantastic striker but he has all the charisma of a slightly moist towelette. Having him headline this Mexican themed event is certainly one of the decisions of all time.

Well they only have one Mexican champion currently (Grasso) and she was never going to be headlining this as a PPV. Is what it is.

Well they only have one Mexican champion currently (Grasso) and she was never going to be headlining this as a PPV. Is what it is.
You're right, I know. I'm just flabbergasted at the massive push they keep giving Sean. Great fighter, but not the cult of personality they seem to think he is.

If Sean knocks out Merab and Aljo (pretty much the two biggest crotch sniffers in the division), where does this put him? One of the best ever in the division pretty much?

Ive been on Sean win train for a long time. Ive called him good -great -exceptional -and ultimately champ level fighter here. Even when majority wouldnt agree. Not to honk my own horn too much but Im pretty good at calling these things. Jimmy Hettes be damned.

But I would be almost shocked if he were to win this fight. Merab is like someone picked the poison specifically for Sean. He is like Khabib to McGregor. I need to see it happen before I believe it.

Back