Sean O'Malley is NOT a Star.

What’s crazy too is that he’s only finished 1 ranked opponent, actually, he’s only finished 1 opponent who’s still in the UFC…

Fixing fights? Lol wtf
Really??
He fought that green haired Chris guy, couldn’t put him away, red just got tired of seeing him get hit
He chose and GOT chito as his first title defense
You’re saying that Chito deserves that title shot??
Lol the Sterling fight was stopped to early and Yan won their fight as well
Or when he probably would have lost to Andre Soukhamthath because he couldn’t stand up, but Soukhamthath chose to go to the ground with him?
He’s a low vibration star

Last edited:
What’s crazy too is that he’s only finished 1 ranked opponent, actually, he’s only finished 1 opponent who’s still in the UFC…
Did not know this, you would've thought he was a mini Mike Tyson or something.

Well, how does the Gen Z feel about him?

I mean, he is not my cup of tea but the younger fans like him.

Sony spent billions and years developing a video game called Condord and "made for Gen Z and the NeW AuDieNcE", with characters looking like O'malley, with their own pronouns and what not.

They launched that shit and 1 week later they were already killing it and shutting down the servers. Nobody was playing it.

That "Gen Z" audience you can "catch" is a myth. One week they love something and they all have it, the week after they think it sucks and you're a loser if you're still wearing or using it.

Sony spent billions and years developing a video game called Condord and "made for Gen Z and the NeW AuDieNcE", with characters looking like O'malley, with their own pronouns and what not.

They launched that shit and 1 week later they were already killing it and shutting down the servers. Nobody was playing it.

That "Gen Z" audience is a myth

Really? an MMA game?

That "Gen Z" audience you can "catch" is a myth. One week they love something, the week after they think it sucks.
Good, Disney can suck a dick too. Lol

O'Malley has seemed very forced from day one to be honest. He's not really got the level of charisma that he and the UFC think he has. Just because he's willing to talk a lot and has funny haircuts doesn't mean he's compelling in anyway. Fight wise, he's can't miss in my opinion though.

You touched on a good point though. He's not a star because he's a midget fighting other midgets.

The UFC has had one midget star in their entire history, so it's a very rare thing to achieve.
Who’s the midget?

O'Malley has seemed very forced from day one to be honest. He's not really got the level of charisma that he and the UFC think he has. Just because he's willing to talk a lot and has funny haircuts doesn't mean he's compelling in anyway. Fight wise, he's can't miss in my opinion though.

Agreed, but I would go a step further. He has ZERO charisma. He's all window dressing with the hair, the tattoos, the teeth, the faux fur coats, the open marriage arrangement. Instagram "look at me imitating Nate Diaz smoking weed" pics. ZERO mic skills. There's just nothing interesting coming from between the ears. He's more of an algorithm than a human.

Compared to most other fighters on the roster, yes he is.

I'd love to see you define "personality" and then explain how tattoo's and hair aren't a reflection of someone's personality lol. A person's tattoo's are a reflection of their personality. How do you define personality?

It's funny because I already wrote "I think people who say this think personality means being loud and talking shit lol".

People are mistaking charisma for personality. But it's just semantics. And you don't need charisma to be successful although it helps a lot. So who cares if he doesn't have a ton of that.
You realize as soon as you used the word "relection", you're proving yourself wrong?

The point of the thread is that O'Malley needs a supporting cast to sell. It's more shitting on the UFC for delivering a lackluster card when they sold us on this "epic" card.

No the point of your thread is to say O'Malley isn't a star. Not that he needs a supporting cast.

And then when asked what your criteria is for being a star you avoided the question. Then when pressed on it you say there's no stars unless it's McGregor level.

Then when it was pointed out that setting the bar so high makes no sense you then tried to lie about what the thread was about.

You're a mess. And your thread makes no sense. O'Malley is one of the most popular fighters in the world. I.e he's a star.

No the point of your thread is to say O'Malley isn't a star. Not that he needs a supporting cast.

And then when asked what your criteria is for being a star you avoided the question. Then when pressed on it you say there's no stars unless it's McGregor level.

Then when it was pointed out that setting the bar so high makes no sense you then tried to lie about what the thread was about.

You're a mess. And your thread makes no sense. O'Malley is one of the most popular fighters in the world. I.e he's a star.
He himself said he was gonna be the next Conor McGregor, you asked.

Still a pretty entertaining fighter though.

But yes, him yapping on a podcast all day long really diminishes his star power.

Back