Media Sean O'Malley on Chito Vera Rematch: "I'm Going to Smoke this Dude."

Agree. the drop foot is kind of a chance thing. I think Sean had actually landed more and harder calf kicks to that point.
Glass bones Chito will win again, Sean ducked Merab now Chito it's going to beat his ass again.
giphy.gif

Probably. I think Sean pulls out. But Vera is so frustrating. He should just give away round one now. Maybe even two and three. Hope Chito pulls it off

I think this will be a highlight reel KO for Sean.

I concur.

First fight, Sean was young, it was a weird circumstance.

I think O'Malley has come into his own now, is in his prime, and I think Chito Vera is just a tough scrub. Doesn't have the talent to hang.

Reactions: JKS
I really don’t care to see this fight nor would I understand why anyone else is, just based on how many times we’ve seen Vera lose lately. But at the same time, I understand why they skipped over Merab. He wasn’t willing to fight with Sterling, who was the champion when he earned his title shot— so now he’s going to have to wait.
He is injured

Probably. I think Sean pulls out. But Vera is so frustrating. He should just give away round one now. Maybe even two and three. Hope Chito pulls it off

Disagree.

O'Malley's last performance, an annihilation of Aljamain Sterling, not only showed what he's capable of (athletically), but also how poised and cold he is as a serial killer.

Didn't go nuts afterward, didn't go wild. Despite the biggest win of his career, O'Malley was controlled and measured throughout the experience.

That's a true professional fighter, IMO.

Chito Vera is just a tough guy, not really talented in any category.

I think he will get obliterated by O'Malley, but time will tell.

I used to be in your camp til I rewatched the fight the other day I had it in my head that Vera destroyed Sean but deadening that nerve really gave Vera an advantage and he took it for what it was worth.

Not that Sean was impressive in any way but he really did suffer a bit of a freak accident with the dead nerve

Its going to be a great fight but Im approaching this one as hopefully a renewed leveled wait and see
Nobody mentions that the fight ended with Vera bouncing his head off the ground in his guard with elbows. Which Sean also protested

Hoping they schedule this fight in Toronto, please JBG
<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

Bad match up for Omalley, I see Vera winning again. Sean is typically aggressive and that will play right into Chitos strengths and Omalley is not a grappler so aside from the unlikely scenario where Chito;s chin gets cracked I see him taking Omalleys ego down a notch..well maybe as it didn't the last time he won. Crazy how he still calls it luck too lol.

Nobody mentions that the fight ended with Vera bouncing his head off the ground in his guard with elbows. Which Sean also protested
Yeah Omalley appeared to get flash knocked out in that sequence as well and looked helpless. I find all these idiots calling it a fluke injury and referencing Omalley saying "dead nerve" extremely irritating lol, its called a calf kick and that's what its meant to do..period. In all fairness Omalley will sell the fight so let him lie about what happened for that purpose I guess.

I feel like I’m one of the few who has no problem with this fight, Chito has a W over him and won 5 of his last 6 , Merab is boring and doesn’t even want the belt that bad, Cory humped for his last W and is out for a few more months right ? Easy W for Sean doe

While Chito isn't the most skilled fighter in the game, his intangibles are as good as anyone's. With that being said, 48-47 O'Malley is the most likely outcome.

Chito is slower than O~Malley. If he wants to win he~ll have to stay in range and make it ugly, which is something Chito seems fairly good at. I favor O~Malley, but Chito is a live dog in my eyes.

Aljo defended the belt 4 times in 16 months. O'Malley will have already waited 7 months before defending it once. At least Aljo fought.
Sean is a knockout artist. Marlon is a knockout artist too.
This matchup is just more fun than any of Aljo's defenses.

Aljo had perhaps the flukiest title reign in UFC history.

Chito is not a world beater, but styles make fights and he's a bad match up for O'Malley. O'Malley kinda needs people to chase him, and he leverages his reach and accuracy to land constant counters when they do. Chito is long enough to land on him at range, and he doesn't chase, he stalks. In terms of pure power and durability, he has a definite edge. He could very well just be Sean's kryptonite.

Sean is a knockout artist. Marlon is a knockout artist too.
This matchup is just more fun than any of Aljo's defenses.

Aljo had perhaps the flukiest title reign in UFC history.

Cejudo fight was fun. The Yan rematch was intriguing. I feel like Chito is who makes the fight fun yeah. O'Malley has stink it up potential just like Izzy did if you don't play his game.

I really want to see him rematch Yan. It was such a wonderful fight.
Hopefully he can put a run together.

Back