Media Petr Yan: "Chito Got Title Shot Because O'Malley Doesn't Believe He Can Beat Other Contenders."

Gay take.

Bro I'm not a fighter but if I was and had 1 loss on my record I didn't feel I lost / wanted to get back regardless... it's the first thing I'd do too. And I'm not even that competitive. It's absolutely authentically what you'd do... not 'oh I may not beat other fighters', thas stupid.

Chito got wrecked by Cory, and won a debatable decision over 37 year old Pedro Munhoz. Yan has got a point

Trex arms is going to grind out a split decision

Sean's stretching it out as long as possible by fighting the only guy who's ever beaten him?
a kickboxing match seems like a better stylistic matchup than a grinding wrestler for Sean. That doesn’t mean he’s going to beat Chito. I think it’s a lot closer than ppl think. But it’s still a more favorable matchup. Odds makers agree as well. He’s nearly 2:1 favorite against Chito and about a 2:1 dog against Merab right now.

Well he beat you

giphy.gif
Dude watch O'Malley's reaction after he got the decision. Even he couldn't believe it.

Well he beat you

giphy.gif

What I loved most about that fight is there was a point in the fight where you could see on Petr's facial expression that he realized this wasn't going to be the walkover he expected and that he was actually going to have to fight tooth and nail for the W.

Yan had to turn into a D1 wrestler and lost a split decision. He needs to evaluate effective gameplans now and change his fighting style back to what it was. He used to be a great power striker. Whether you agree with the decision or not he left it too close to get mad and cry for a rematch, especially after all the BS that has gone on with his last fights.

It is funny how every person who thinks Sean won posts this same sequence as an argument why he won the fight while leaving out the fact that Yan also rocked him pretty hard and took him down and controlled him on the ground in the same round.
It's funny that the people who think Yan won can never explain why lol. all of a sudden meaningless TDs outweigh effective striking, significant head strikes, and damage.

R1: 13 sig head stikes to 5 for Sean.
R3: 33 sig head strikes to 7 for Sean.

Last edited:
I like how you chose the GIF that completely leaves out the part where Sean gets absolutely rocked and mauled 1 second later.
Actually I'm throwing you guys a bone by using the round Yan actually won with his later effective grappling to overcome getting dropped on his ass instead of otherwise having equally lost from repeatedly getting hurt standing and landing nothing TDs in response.

But apparently over a year later you guys still don't know why Yan lost. Sad.

It's funny that the people who think Yan won can never explain why lol. all of a sudden meaningless TDs outweigh effective striking, significant head strikes, and damage.

R1: 13 sig head stikes to 5 for Sean.
R3: 33 sig head strikes to 7 for Sean.
Why do you only count sig. head stirkes instead of whole? Sean had 4 more sig. strikes in RD1 but was taken down and controlled for a minute as i said earlier in this thread. Neither did any significant damage to each other in RD1 either. So how do you score RD1 for O'Malley?

I rewatched the Yan vs Sean fight. That was pretty sus. Yan clearly won round 2 . and 3 he won with the two takedowns because the striking that round was very even. Round 1 I gave to o malley (but could go either way) but I'm leaning towards robbery on this one.

suga knocked out aljo....something that was not done in any title fight before. yan just seems salty that he's on a 3 fight losing streak and he has to rebuild his way back to a title shot

I don't get why people don't like this fight, it's the Sean fight I'm most interested to see, based on the story of the first one. Merab and Sandhagen were happy to fight other contenders so they can cry about it.

It's their fault they're not fighting Sean right now, especially Sandhagen wanting to be a 'martial artist' and signing up to fight fucking Umar. Get on the mic after the fight and say "I want the fucking title shot or release me" and walk off, easy, not this nice guy martial artist fight anyone shit

Yea but he fought aljo. Now he is fighting chito. Next merab.

Can't see any fault in what Sean is doing. He is cleaning out the division one contender at a time.

It's possible, but he did defend 38 of Merab's 49 (!!!) TD attempts; was robbed in the O'Malley fight in my opinion; and lost a close fight against Aljo in their second bout due to two takedowns. It isn't like he's being routed here, and his last three losses are to the best guys in the division while he's got a clear win over Sandhagen. He may be fading and could definitely lose to Song who's probably a better athlete and a lot quicker and when you take into account how slow he starts it's even more feasible, but I still think he's a damn good fighter.
Shertards understanding the context of the fight isn't common anymore. They just look at win/loss records and determine someone to be shitty by those numbers.

It's the same game these idiots play with the "he lost 2 of his last 3 fights" but fail to mention that he won 12 of his 14 fights before that.

You're only as good as your last couple of fights. A loss is a loss, regardless of how well you did or how close it was.

Back