Media Sean O'Malley on Chito Vera Rematch: "I'm Going to Smoke this Dude."

This fight is going to be boring. Marlon slow starter and Mallet trying to counter.

Suga Tits is right, Chito is slow as fuck and his biggest weapon, his durability, won't be enough.

Perhaps but his cardio is going to get tested, he's never been 5 rounds before & Chito is durable as hell, let's see how Sean looks in the championship rounds.

Chito doesn't really push a hard enough pace to test anyone's cardio though.

Only way someone is running out of gas against Chito even in 5 rounds is if they wear themselves out.

I think today's Suga beats Vera. Even though it was a legit win against Suga, I just think he's gonna beat him.

However, if Vera were to beat him again, it would be pretty funny

I think this will be a highlight reel KO for Sean.
Have you ever seen Chito get even remotely rocked? He’s literally got an Anthony Pettis level chin.

I really don’t care to see this fight nor would I understand why anyone else is, just based on how many times we’ve seen Vera lose lately. But at the same time, I understand why they skipped over Merab. He wasn’t willing to fight with Sterling, who was the champion when he earned his title shot— so now he’s going to have to wait.

Whatever the outcome, I'm happy that this isn't an immadiate rematch with Sterling.

Perhaps but his cardio is going to get tested, he's never been 5 rounds before & Chito is durable as hell, let's see how Sean looks in the championship rounds.
When has Vera fought a hard pace for five rounds? He'll likely start off slow and drop the opening rounds.

Vera may have his number

It'll be hard highlighting the rematch with how first played out

With that sad O'Malley had come a long way and is the rightful champ
I used to be in your camp til I rewatched the fight the other day I had it in my head that Vera destroyed Sean but deadening that nerve really gave Vera an advantage and he took it for what it was worth.

Not that Sean was impressive in any way but he really did suffer a bit of a freak accident with the dead nerve

Its going to be a great fight but Im approaching this one as hopefully a renewed leveled wait and see

He looked bad against Sandhagen
Yep, and we've seen these slow starts before.

If the fight's close you have to think O'Malley gets the decision, especially now he's champion.

I think Vera gets KO'd though anyway.

Chito is going to have to try to get in his face and finish him, cutting off the cage and any time it's at a distance, launch kicks at that lead leg. Sean would be wise to stay outside and try to snipe him, and use his range and speed to pick him apart. If Chito follows him, as slow as he is, he's going to pieced up and lose. Chito is a tank who hits real hard, so he's got a good shot here, but this is a coin flip fight.

Oh, and props to the UFC for letting O’Malley cherry pick while he's got two better contenders in the division.
I think everyone wants to see this honestly He needs to redeem this before anything

Chito hasn't looked good in his last few fights.

Makes me sceptical for how hes going to look this fight

I used to be in your camp til I rewatched the fight the other day I had it in my head that Vera destroyed Sean but deadening that nerve really gave Vera an advantage and he took it for what it was worth.

Not that Sean was impressive in any way but he really did suffer a bit of a freak accident with the dead nerve

Its going to be a great fight but Im approaching this one as hopefully a renewed leveled wait and see

Agree. the drop foot is kind of a chance thing. I think Sean had actually landed more and harder calf kicks to that point.

Back