• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Scientists reject veganism: Meat is crucial for human health

You sound like an angry vegan. So are you saying natural animals fats aren't good for you?
I asked a simple question , rather than try and answer it you responded with not one but two questions for some reason

And no I'm not a vegan or angry, not that it's germane to the question I asked .

Most importantly, socializing is healthy for living and we all know that you don't make friends with salad.
the-simpsons-conga.gif

I asked a simple question , rather than try and answer it you responded with not one but two questions for some reason

And no I'm not a vegan or angry, not that it's germane to the question I asked .

Your question sounded like a rebuttal of my original point. I thought it was common knowledge animal fats contain vitamins such as A, D and K. Obviously not.

Your question sounded like a rebuttal of my original point. I thought it was common knowledge animal fats contain vitamins such as A, D and K. Obviously not.

Your statement suggests you can't get those from other sources which of course you can therefore that disproves your assertion that animal fats are essential.

You were flat out , unequivocally wrong unless there is some as of yet unnamed compound only found in animal fat you can point out .

No , your statement suggests you can't get those from other sources which of course you can therefore that disproves your assertion that animal fats are essential.

You were flat out , unequivocally wrong unless there is some as of yet unnamed compound only found in animal fat you can point out .

No you read what you wanted to read, and responded in a sarcastic manner. I never once claimed you couldn't get the vitamins and nutrients found in animal fats elsewhere. Nutrients and vitamins that are essential for the body.

Sorry, this isn't the own you think it is.

No you read what you wanted to read, and responded in a sarcastic manner. I never once claimed you couldn't get the vitamins and nutrients found in animal fats elsewhere. Nutrients and vitamins that are essential for the body.

Lol ok

It appears we've then established the fact that animal fats are not essential to human health .

Glad we could clear this up... I guess

I didn't watch the video, just looked at the pic. World's strongest man?
{<jordan}
I just found out strongmen looks can be deceiving but yeah, that thumbnail is a no <Lmaoo>

this power lifter dude is funny as hell

This topic always makes my head hurt, simliar to the one about dietary cholesterol and heart disaese. There is a lot of confusion out there and people with various agendas.

1. Diets high in vegetables, fruits, fibre/wholegrain and healthy fats - nuts, seeds, seafood consistently show the best outcomes across different populations
  2. Red meats are great sources of protein and minerals
  3. Red meats do increase the risk of certain cancers and diseases, however that risk is relatively small and mitigated by diet and lifestyle
  4. We overconsume meat in the west and still struggle with vitamin and mineral deficiencies
  5. You can be healthy on a strict vegan diet, however it is difficult to maintain and not feasible for everyone

Agree with all of this

I used to rage at Vegans because of their asisine claims against meat. I remember how the psycho vegans in the Mayberry would claim meat caused pus build up in our bodies.

Also, with some cancers, no carb diets have been shown to be extremely effective. Vinnie Tortorich was diagnosed with leukemia in 2007. He was always low carb before and now has been 100% no carb since. Some cancer cells will thrive and grow with carbs, especially sugars.

He basically eats meat and natural fats... .like olive oil, avocados. He'll take olive oil with him on his ultrarace training instead of the sugar juicers some racers take.

And is 100% against the synthesized seed oils.

You said animal fats are essential.
What’s essential about them that can’t be found in other foods?

Agree with all of this

I used to rage at Vegans because of their asisine claims against meat. I remember how the psycho vegans in the Mayberry would claim meat caused pus build up in our bodies.

Also, with some cancers, no carb diets have been shown to be extremely effective. Vinnie Tortorich was diagnosed with leukemia in 2007. He was always low carb before and now has been 100% no carb since. Some cancer cells will thrive and grow with carbs, especially sugars.

He basically eats meat and natural fats... .like olive oil, avocados. He'll take olive oil with him on his ultrarace training instead of the sugar juicers some racers take.

And is 100% against the synthesized seed oils.
The debate about carbs is in many ways the same as with meat and dietary cholesterol. Overconsuming simple carbs and sugars may increase risk for some forms of cancer, while complex carbs may decrease risk. The evidence is nuanced and there's nothing to suggest that carbs de facto are bad. As with other foods, it's mostly about how your diet looks like overall and your body's individual preferences/needs.

I did science research as a part of my post-grad and I've spent way too much time trying to make a compilation about health behaviors including diet. It's a developing field with a lot of confusion but the last few years there's been some quality research done.

The debate about carbs is in many ways the same as with meat and dietary cholesterol. Overconsuming simple carbs and sugars may increase risk for some forms of cancer, while complex carbs may decrease risk. The evidence is nuanced and there's nothing to suggest that carbs de facto are bad. As with other foods, it's mostly about how your diet looks like overall and your body's individual preferences/needs.

I did science research as a part of my post-grad and I've spent way too much time trying to make a compilation about health behaviors including diet. It's a developing field with a lot of confusion but the last few years there's been some quality research done.

As advanced as we are in medicine, its embarrassing how far behind nutrition is. I heard a doctor say in an interview that in all his years of education, nutrition was about 2 weeks worth total... Shocking since our diet might be the #1 factor affecting our general health, along with exercise. But no... it's all easy fixes and pills.

Like how almost 100 year debate of what's healthier for cooking, margarine (or other veg oils) or butter. A study came out recent showing how butter isn't the devil many say it is.

The American Heart Association condmened the study? Why? Who the fuck knows.

Don’t believe the American Heart Assn. — butter, steak and coconut oil aren’t likely to kill you
https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-teicholz-saturated-fat-wont-kill-you-20170723-story.html

Last month, the American Heart Assn. once again went after butter, steak and especially coconut oil with this familiar warning: The saturated fats in these foods cause heart disease. The organization’s “presidential advisory” was a fresh look at the science and came in response to a growing number of researchers, including myself, who have pored over this same data in recent years and beg to differ. A rigorous review of the evidence shows that when it comes to heart attacks or mortality, saturated fats are not guilty.

To me, the AHA advisory released in June was mystifying. How could its scientists examine the same studies as I had, yet double down on an anti-saturated fat position? With a cardiologist, I went through the nuts and bolts of the AHA paper, and came to this conclusion: It was likely driven less by sound science than by longstanding bias, commercial interests and the AHA’s need to reaffirm nearly 70 years of its “heart healthy” advice.

It was in 1961 that the AHA launched the world’s first official recommendations to avoid saturated fats, along with dietary cholesterol, in order to prevent a heart attack. This “diet-heart hypothesis” was adopted by most leading experts, though it had never been tested in clinical trials — the only kind of science that can establish cause-and-effect. Thus, from the beginning, the rap on saturated fats lacked a firm scientific foundation.

How is it possible these Government Orgs are still this far behind?? ... and that they make diet recommendations. Despite providing ZERO research to back up their claims.

Is it ignorance? Or something more corrupt? lol.. either seems plausible to me.

Last edited:
As advanced as we are in medicine, its embarrassing how far behind nutrition is. I heard a doctor say in an interview that in all his years of education, nutrition was about 2 weeks worth total... Shocking since our diet might be the #1 factor affecting our general health, along with exercise. But no... it's all easy fixes and pills.

Like how almost 100 year debate of what's healthier for cooking, margarine (or other veg oils) or butter. A study came out recent showing how butter isn't the devil many say it is.

The American Heart Association condmened the study? Why? Who the fuck knows.

Don’t believe the American Heart Assn. — butter, steak and coconut oil aren’t likely to kill you
https://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-teicholz-saturated-fat-wont-kill-you-20170723-story.html

Last month, the American Heart Assn. once again went after butter, steak and especially coconut oil with this familiar warning: The saturated fats in these foods cause heart disease. The organization’s “presidential advisory” was a fresh look at the science and came in response to a growing number of researchers, including myself, who have pored over this same data in recent years and beg to differ. A rigorous review of the evidence shows that when it comes to heart attacks or mortality, saturated fats are not guilty.

To me, the AHA advisory released in June was mystifying. How could its scientists examine the same studies as I had, yet double down on an anti-saturated fat position? With a cardiologist, I went through the nuts and bolts of the AHA paper, and came to this conclusion: It was likely driven less by sound science than by longstanding bias, commercial interests and the AHA’s need to reaffirm nearly 70 years of its “heart healthy” advice.

It was in 1961 that the AHA launched the world’s first official recommendations to avoid saturated fats, along with dietary cholesterol, in order to prevent a heart attack. This “diet-heart hypothesis” was adopted by most leading experts, though it had never been tested in clinical trials — the only kind of science that can establish cause-and-effect. Thus, from the beginning, the rap on saturated fats lacked a firm scientific foundation.

How is it possible these Government Orgs are still this far behind?? ... and that they make diet recommendations. Despite providing ZERO research to back up their claims.

Is it ignorance? Or something more corrupt? lol.. either seems plausible to me.
Nina teicholz is not an expert, she's just a journalist who's made a career pedaling the same message, why not get your nutritional information from qualified people , experts in their field ?

Back