• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Social Scientists reject veganism: Meat is crucial for human health

Vegetarianism is where it's at. Not sure if this belongs in war room either way.

Yeah it's the excessive eating of meat. I beleive the areas of the world that have the highest longevity tend to eat a lot less meat and much more vegetables, fruit, beans, fresh foods etc. I believe they call them blue zones.

Lol... Um no. Blue zone BS has been debunked.

I think it's pertinent to discussing here. not saying we all need to be vegetarians or vegans, but Americans do consume an inordinate amount of meat, which contributes to environmental destruction, drastically increases our "water footprint, green house gasses etc.

That's not true... You're one of my favorite posters. Delve deeper into the "science"

He’s definitely not the worlds strongest man. Why would you think that?

I also tend to think he’s right; that a mostly vegetarian diet with some meat is the way to go for good health and longevity. However, that dude is clearly in PEDs so don’t think for a second that people are going to replicate his physique with his diet

No... Brother this vegan / vegetarian shit has been thoroughly debunked. Meat specifically red meat is a nutritional power house.

In case you were wondering this is his wsm build
mitch_hooper_hero.png
He looks noticeably smaller than the last generation of them like Brian Shaw/Eddie Hall

Blue Zone has been debunked... Okinawans live longest. Eat a ton of meat.

Veganism is BS... Unless done for ethical reasons.

I think it’s actually seafood diets?
The kind of protein doesn't matter in the sense that it's just not the single largest part of the dish.

Portion sizes are the issue, plain and simple. The missus and I will split an 8 ounce steak and feel satisfied because we have lots of other things with it, various veggies, salad, whatever. I'm a big fan of the Japanese way of having lots of small dishes of different things.

At an inn in Japan where we stayed, this was the setting for breakfast for two,
5r4fx4K.jpg

Quality fish yes. Unfortunately most is farmed raise trash.

Grass fed beef is an all star food.
How much beef do Okinawans eat? I know Kobe beef is a big deal but I never of the Japanese being big beef eaters, unlike Argentinia, US and Brazil. I always perceived them as being big on marine foods.

Blue Zone has been debunked... Okinawans live longest. Eat a ton of meat.

Veganism is BS... Unless done for ethical reasons.
They eat like over 60% sweet potato.
They do eat meat but a lot less than most other cultures. Mostly Pork, poultry and fish.
They eat 3 grams of meat while the rest of Japan averages 11 grams of meat.
They eat way less grains(minus rice) and sugars. Which is why everyone seems to live to be a Hundo.

He looks noticeably smaller than the last generation of them like Brian Shaw/Eddie Hall

He doesn't have their top end level of static strength but is also ridiculiously fast on the moving events. Although he is still very solid at the static events, he's a 1000lb deadlifter and won the dumbell press in the wsm finals for example

How much beef do Okinawans eat? I know Kobe beef is a big deal but I never of the Japanese being big beef eaters, unlike Argentinia, US and Brazil. I always perceived them as being big on marine foods.

Pork heavy. Fish heavy. Was stationed there. Loved it.

South American beef is delicious too. Eat at a restaurant that sources from Argentina. The 24 oz ribeye is $64. But totally worth it

It's always hilarious when these Vegan "Influencers" are caught eating animals.... lol

How many women have wrecked their bodies going vegan. Horror stories of hormones going crazy and losing menstrul cycles.

The Weird World of Vegan YouTube Stars Is Imploding
https://www.thedailybeast.com/vegan-youtube-is-imploding-as-stars-like-rawvana-bonny-rebecca-and-stella-rae-change-diets#:~:text=Stella Rae, a former adherent,eating raw eggs and salmon.

Not shocked you believe it...

Maybe look at the video an my reason posting before commenting. My post was not about pushing vegans lifestyle but balance. The video was about balance not one extreme over another. The guy who commenting on the video was commenting on how bad the diets of these monsters. He eats meat in the video but pushes salad an fewer calories.

Plants and grains contain phytates, oxalates, toxins, etc ... Largely non bioavailable nutrients too.

You can be healthy or unhealthy as a vegan. Same if you are eating meat.

About 70% of US population is overweight... so bunch of fat fucks in this thread giving nutritional advice.

And BTW.. I eat meat everyday. But obese people talking about health is hilarious.

People need to eat a certain amount of meat. They also need to eat a hell of a lot more vegetables too.

Back