oh really

win Gabrielle Holloway Bellator 133 - Manhoef vs. Shlemenko
Feb / 13 / 2015 Decision (Unanimous)
Michael Bell 3 5:00
win Charmaine Tweet Invicta FC 7 - Honchak vs. Smith
Dec / 07 / 2013 Decision (Unanimous)
Mike England 3 5:00
win Mollie Estes Invicta FC 5 - Penne vs. Waterson
Apr / 05 / 2013 Submission (Rear-Naked Choke)
John McCarthy 3 1:04
win Danielle West Invicta FC 3 - Penne vs. Sugiyama
Oct / 06 / 2012 TKO (Elbows and Punches)
Greg Franklin 1 2:32
win Elina Nilsson Invicta FC 2 - Baszler vs. McMann
Jul / 28 / 2012 TKO (Punches and Elbows)
Michelle Drake Browning 1 3:49
loss Ronda Rousey Strikeforce - Challengers 20
Nov / 18 / 2011 Submission (Armbar)
Kim Winslow 1 0:39
win Germaine de Randamie Strikeforce - Challengers 16
Jun / 24 / 2011 Decision (Unanimous)
Ryan Hoisington 3 5:00
loss Amanda Nunes Strikeforce - Challengers 13
Jan / 07 / 2011 KO (Punches)
Jeff Mackens 1 0:14
win Shana Nelson Strikeforce - Challengers 11
Oct / 22 / 2010 TKO (Punches)
Marcos Rosales 2 2:51

and that's before her monster run in kickboxing and muay thai that was, well, kind of like cro cop esqe

sit down and shut up while adults are talking

this is what happens when a half way decent guy on the ground faces ronda. Its like me facing my daughter. my 7 year old daughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9xjs2fWJEs

Notice the ease at which Mousasi manhandles her, without breaking a sweat, as rousey tries in vane. This is what happens.

so if there is a footage of a heavyweight fighter manhandling conor mcgregor on the ground that should invalidate his whole body of work?

sorry, chap, you can't beat cain velasquez I guess you just gonna have to pack it in and apologize to all your supporters for being a fraud

oh really

win Gabrielle Holloway Bellator 133 - Manhoef vs. Shlemenko
Feb / 13 / 2015 Decision (Unanimous)
Michael Bell 3 5:00
win Charmaine Tweet Invicta FC 7 - Honchak vs. Smith
Dec / 07 / 2013 Decision (Unanimous)
Mike England 3 5:00
win Mollie Estes Invicta FC 5 - Penne vs. Waterson
Apr / 05 / 2013 Submission (Rear-Naked Choke)
John McCarthy 3 1:04
win Danielle West Invicta FC 3 - Penne vs. Sugiyama
Oct / 06 / 2012 TKO (Elbows and Punches)
Greg Franklin 1 2:32
win Elina Nilsson Invicta FC 2 - Baszler vs. McMann
Jul / 28 / 2012 TKO (Punches and Elbows)
Michelle Drake Browning 1 3:49
loss Ronda Rousey Strikeforce - Challengers 20
Nov / 18 / 2011 Submission (Armbar)
Kim Winslow 1 0:39
win Germaine de Randamie Strikeforce - Challengers 16
Jun / 24 / 2011 Decision (Unanimous)
Ryan Hoisington 3 5:00
loss Amanda Nunes Strikeforce - Challengers 13
Jan / 07 / 2011 KO (Punches)
Jeff Mackens 1 0:14
win Shana Nelson Strikeforce - Challengers 11
Oct / 22 / 2010 TKO (Punches)
Marcos Rosales 2 2:51

and that's before her monster run in kickboxing and muay thai that was, well, kind of like cro cop esqe

sit down and shut up while adults are talking

Damn, you can do copy/paste.

Sorry, my bad, you obviously know your shit.

so if there is a footage of a heavyweight fighter manhandling conor mcgregor on the ground that should invalidate his whole body of work?

sorry, chap, you can't beat cain velasquez I guess you just gonna have to pack it in and apologize to all your supporters for being a fraud

Moussasi is middleweight, not heavyweight. And do you really think she'd do any better against Faber or Cruz or tj, given the fact that Moussasi was probably going 20%. ahaha. And ronda, when not in weigh ins is probably near 170lbs. have you seen how fat, ooops, i mean bulky she gets. haha

I find myself having to debate a lot of novice MMA fans about the credentials of this division. Ronda Rousey is a monster. But the fact that she being on a whole other level doesn't take away from the talent in this division

I think we can all agree this division is new and growing. Still though the elite of this division, in no way have an advantage over Ronda. Most these girls have trained in combat sports longer than Ronda who started at 11. Most of these girls have trained MMA longer than Ronda.

Sara McMann has better grappling credentials yet Meisha and Nunes dominated or neutralized her grappling. I believe that says a lot for their abilities.

Ronda is just one of those once in a generation type athletes. Because she brought women in MMA to the spotlight and DOMINATED since day one, some people consider her competition "cans, waitresses" which I think is a disgrace.

I think what it boils down to is that there is a vocal minority of woman haters who really hate having women being celebrated as combat athletes and who are grasping at straws to denigrate anything related to the subject, with Ronda being the focal point of their anger

ronda-rousey-post-knee-surgery-video.jpg

You must be new to MMA. Rousey is the "RoyceGracie" of women's MMA. It is new and little talent. As the talent pool grows, you will get REAL athletes coming in. As of now..it's just a few pioneers very similar to the first UFCs.

Just because a Honda Civic (pun intended) can't beat an F1 car in a race, it doesn't mean that watching a race with everyone driving Honda Civics isn't entertaining.

And if one of the Honda Civics has a turbo and fancy intercooler thingy on it, and is blowing out all of the other Honda Civics, it means it's a well tuned Honda Civic driven by a well trained driver.

It just doesn't mean that driver and that Civic is going to win any F1 cups anytime soon, but it can be just as fun to watch the race. Maybe even more fun.

It's about the thrill of the race (fight), not the race car. And to disrespect anyone who has the passion for racing (fighting) and engages in it to the best of their ability, is just being a hater.

So chill with these threads. It's getting silly.

Salient point. This sums it up probably the best I have seen yet. Thanks.

julia budd was a cro cop to ronda rousey and she did better than fedor in that respect

so yeaah....

How the shit is Julia Budd anything like Cro Cop?

Plus, she's 145 and that's obviously way too heavy to be fighting Ronda

Moussasi is middleweight, not heavyweight. And do you really think she'd do any better against Faber or Cruz or tj, given the fact that Moussasi was probably going 20%. ahaha. And ronda, when not in weigh ins is probably near 170lbs. have you seen how fat, ooops, i mean bulky she gets. haha

and the whole point just went whoosh over your head

having the best female mma fighter fighting the best male mma fighter who are at the same weight is like having best male strawweight fight the best male heavyweight

it doesn't prove anything dummy

the only thing you showed by bringing this angle that has nothing to do with original topic of discussion is your own insecurity

so yes Ronda would beat any man on the planet who is not a world class top level professionally trained fighter big whoop

I've never watched her fight and I know nothing about her competition.....but I doubt it.

As someone who is on the fence about the whether there is talent in WMMA, this thread was not convincing at all. Maybe try using gifs to show skills or something.

She's fighting the best fighters that are available in a shallow division. Not really her fault. Everyone knew she was going to beat Bethe, though. My nana could beat Bethe.

You must be new to MMA. Rousey is the "RoyceGracie" of women's MMA. It is new and little talent. As the talent pool grows, you will get REAL athletes coming in. As of now..it's just a few pioneers very similar to the first UFCs.

except most people in UFC 1 never heard of bjj or submissions

yeah perfect analogy right there

royce gracie had no problem beating noobies like dan severn look what happened when he faced a wrestler who actually trained grappling for a while in matt hughes

royce gracie opponents never heard of an armbar or rear naked choke

most ronda rousey opponents have been training it for over a decade

nice false equivalency
Trolling, huh?

Royce's opponents:
Ken Shamrock
Dan Severn
Hidehiko Yoshida (Olympic Judo gold medalist)
Matt Hughes
Kazushi Sakuraba

*all of these guys are 200+ lbs (except for Matt) and Royce was 160 lbs

Ronda's opponents??

Trolling, huh?

Royce's opponents:
Ken Shamrock
Dan Severn
Hidehiko Yoshida (Olympic Judo gold medalist)
Matt Hughes
Kazushi Sakuraba

*all of these guys are 200+ lbs (except for Matt) and Royce was 160 lbs

Ronda's opponents??

we were talking about the first few ufcs dummy

I must have missed matt hughes being in ufc 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back