ronda is fighting legit competition

She was overranked, hardly anyone even thought she was a legit top 10 fighter based on merit.

The UFC's rankings are useless, they would 'somehow' get Fabio Maldonado to the top 5 if he had a couple wins streak over the likes of Perosh and then was scheduled for a title shot against Cormier.

Stipe was able to get from number 7 to number 4 off beating Fabio because UFC needed a new HW contender, never forget.
what's that has anything to do with talents (or lack there of) in WMMA?

Stipe has been training MMA since 2005, D1 wrestler, and a Golden Glover. You can't compare him to Bethe.

Not really. Like 99 % of female fighters have no combat sports background, just started training after watching ''Never back down'' or to get in shape.

what's that has anything to do with talents (or lack there of) in WMMA?

Stipe has been training MMA since 2005, D1 wrestler, and a Golden Glover. You can't compare him to Bethe.

You used her inflated ranking as evidence of how much WMMA lacks talent.

Stipe is really good and proved to deserve his ranking in hindsight, I just used him as the perfect example of how whoever UFC wants to be ranked highly, will be.

None of the girls Bethe beat was even ranked top 15 when they fought her, she was ranked near the bottom of the top 10 after beating Shayna but then continued to rise all the way to top 5 without fighting anyone else. That's not suspect at all... lmao

What Dana White and the Fertita Brothers should do is . . . Sell the featherweight Superfight on Glory & Legacy like Hearns moving up to middleweight to face Hagler and big $$ to Ronda Rousey for the risk of Cyborg Justino.

The reality of it all is that Joe Sixpack and Sally Caeser Salad DO NOT KNOW these women they keep shuffling into these matches with Ronda anyway and will just believe whatever you tell them about how dangerous they are to Ronda except for Cyborg who is the REAL DEAL at featherweight and should not be influenced to scale down to a skeletal version of herself to make bantamweight!!

Rousey has truly cleaned out the bantamweight division and the UFC should think about the bigger picture here . . . she need new challenges and bigger stronger challengers of the featherweight division simply make better PR to the average sports fan that they want to continue to tap into with her PPV value . . . it doesn't matter that they may not be Pound-4-Pound the simple fact that they are new and bigger/stronger would be enough I say :)

You don't get it. Nobody cares bro. The woman's World Cup got HUGE ratings. It got more views than the NBA Finals and the Stanley Cup.

Source:http://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/6/89...he-womens-world-cup-final-than-the-nba-finals

Woman's Tennis gets higher ratings than the mens -
Source:http://www.cnbc.com/2015/02/26/in-tennis-women-are-on-top-kratter-150226-ec.html

And the biggest star in MMA is a woman in Ronda Rousey.

We get it, you don't like it, so don't watch. Its a free country and clearly the majority of the sports watching public is tuning in more and more to women sports. That's a good a thing. Do you have a daughter? If you did maybe you would feel differently. It's empowering for them to see woman succeed and be celebrated.

I for one am in that camp. I enjoy watching Ronda destroy her opponents in devastating fashion. I enjoy watching the Women's Soccer Team kick ass and I enjoy watching Serena wreak havoc on the court.

All good things bro
I am confused, why did you reply to me? My post said nothing about popularity. Not a single thing. I didn't mention female soccer or female tennis either. I also really don't care that you have a daughter, and that you like watching female sports.

We all need to start being realistic when it comes to Ronda. She is a good fighter who is lightyears ahead of her competition, aka her competition is not that good. She is likable to a certain degree, definitely one of the most popular fighters the UFC has ever promoted. She's blonde-haired and blue-eyed, which gives her crossover appeal into pretty much anything she wants. However, she's not the most dominate athlete. She's not even the most dominate female athlete. There are women in other sports who are dominating other world class athletes. No, she can't beat Mayweather, but the talk keeps Ronda (and MMA) in the spotlight.

We should just respect the fact that an MMA fighter is getting so much publicity, even if some of the praise is not really deserved. It is what it is.

We should just respect the fact that an MMA fighter is getting so much publicity, even if some of the praise is not really deserved. It is what it is.

I'd rather not have this publicity with how many morons its brings to our sport. Nothing is more frustrating than hearing your co-workers talk about how rousey could beat tyson in a boxing match.

Had it brought over new fans who wanted to learn more of MMA and know more than just the champs names, i'd be fine with it. But Rousey fans already know everything, feel she can beat any man she chooses, and foam at the mouth with any criticism towards her.

These are not the people I want in my company, and in my opinion, are ruining MMA because they take the spotlight from the real fighters who deserve it way more than Rousey does.

I'd rather not have this publicity with how many morons its brings to our sport. Nothing is more frustrating than hearing your co-workers talk about how rousey could beat tyson in a boxing match.

Had it brought over new fans who wanted to learn more of MMA and know more than just the champs names, i'd be fine with it. But Rousey fans already know everything, feel she can beat any man she chooses, and foam at the mouth with any criticism towards her.

These are not the people I want in my company, and in my opinion, are ruining MMA because they take the spotlight from the real fighters who deserve it way more than Rousey does.

I think this is appropriate here:

giphy.gif

Ronda hasn't "taken" the spotlight from anyone, she has earned it by being a polarizing figure, a savvy self promoter and marketer, a killer in the ring, and has a compelling backstory being an Olympian and her dad committing suicide, and having overcome speech problems when she was young, getting bullied in school, having body image issues and a eating disorder...etc

Mainstream identifies with that. Props to her.

Other fighters need to go out and earn it. Look at Conor! He is doing just fine. Jon Jones would be a legend of he wasn't such a hypocrite douchebag

No use hating, just support your fighter

julia budd was a cro cop to ronda rousey and she did better than fedor in that respect

so yeaah....

Budd was 2 & 2 when she fought Honda...

Yeah... Better than Fedor and Crocop too...

What was your point here?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back