ronda is fighting legit competition

sir loin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I find myself having to debate a lot of novice MMA fans about the credentials of this division. Ronda Rousey is a monster. But the fact that she being on a whole other level doesn't take away from the talent in this division

I think we can all agree this division is new and growing. Still though the elite of this division, in no way have an advantage over Ronda. Most these girls have trained in combat sports longer than Ronda who started at 11. Most of these girls have trained MMA longer than Ronda.

Sara McMann has better grappling credentials yet Meisha and Nunes dominated or neutralized her grappling. I believe that says a lot for their abilities.

Ronda is just one of those once in a generation type athletes. Because she brought women in MMA to the spotlight and DOMINATED since day one, some people consider her competition "cans, waitresses" which I think is a disgrace.

I think what it boils down to is that there is a vocal minority of woman haters who really hate having women being celebrated as combat athletes and who are grasping at straws to denigrate anything related to the subject, with Ronda being the focal point of their anger

ronda-rousey-post-knee-surgery-video.jpg

Bethe Correia started training like 4 years ago because she wanted to get in shape, lol.

Bethe Correia started training like 4 years ago because she wanted to get in shape, lol.

and is the only one of ronda's opponents who wasn't legit, was a can, did not beat anybody and talked her way into title shot by beating ronda's friends

now everybody wants to pretend that the whole division is made of bethes. are you telling me that even fedor never fought against cans?

ronda was beating the likes of julia budd before she was even in the ufc

Sara McMann has better grappling credentials yet Meisha and Nunes dominated or neutralized her grappling. I believe that says a lot for their abilities.

She has better wrestling, not grappling. She can't do shit from the bottom and her top control isn't even great.

and is the only one of ronda's opponents who wasn't legit, was a can, did not beat anybody and talked her way into title shot by beating ronda's friends

now everybody wants to pretend that the whole division is made of bethes. are you telling me that even fedor never fought against cans?

ronda was beating the likes of julia budd before she was even in the ufc

First off, dubs for calling Bethe a can. Bethe is a strong woman who deserves our appreciation for stepping in there.

Secondly, do people really consider Liz Carmouche a decent defense? Like what the hell is she good at other than being kinda strong for her weight class and having decent wrestling?

In the same way Royce Gracie was fighting legit competition.

Women's MMA is still in its infancy

It's better than school playground but worse than Japan (where the competition is a little easier).

Just because a Honda Civic (pun intended) can't beat an F1 car in a race, it doesn't mean that watching a race with everyone driving Honda Civics isn't entertaining.

And if one of the Honda Civics has a turbo and fancy intercooler thingy on it, and is blowing out all of the other Honda Civics, it means it's a well tuned Honda Civic driven by a well trained driver.

It just doesn't mean that driver and that Civic is going to win any F1 cups anytime soon, but it can be just as fun to watch the race. Maybe even more fun.

It's about the thrill of the race (fight), not the race car. And to disrespect anyone who has the passion for racing (fighting) and engages in it to the best of their ability, is just being a hater.

So chill with these threads. It's getting silly.

No she's not. But it's not her fault she's better then everyone else in her division.

Aside from Cyborg, Ronda is fighting the best opposition available. It's just not very good.

In the same way Royce Gracie was fighting legit competition.

Women's MMA is still in its infancy

royce gracie opponents never heard of an armbar or rear naked choke

most ronda rousey opponents have been training it for over a decade

nice false equivalency

Back