ronda is fighting legit competition

She has undoubtedly faced the best that her division has to offer. She's just on another level.

You can't not give her credit. Nobody else in WMMA has steamrolled their competition the way Ronda has other than Cyborg.

Furthermore, it doesn't really matter how strong her competition is. They'll always be considered cans as long as Ronda keeps plowing through them the way she has been.

first reasonable post in this thread

the thing about these woman/ronda haters, is that they don't matter

perhaps that's why they are acting out so much in their impotent rage fits?

ronda is the biggest ufc star, it's not gonna change no matter how much these 4chan rejects whine about women fighting or how she is a fake champion or whatever

Shes fighting the best there is.

Issue is the best there is are barely amateurs. They are not great athletes do not show true fighter mentality or instinct.

Shes fighting tomatos.

There are only 3 legit women fighters, all 3 fight in different weight classes.

ronda is the biggest ufc star, it's not gonna change no matter how much these 4chan rejects whine about women fighting or how she is a fake champion or whatever

Shes just the hype flavor of the time, GSP Anderson were stars.

Honda is a more successful freak show then Brock was.

If you take Ronda out of the equation you have a very competitive division with Tate, Zingano, Holms, McMann, Nunes.. etc...

Did you see the fight with Tate vs Zingano?!! That was a great fight with a great finish, great entertainment. Or how about when McMann broke Meishas orbital bone? Or Nunes planting McMann on her back with an overhand right followed by a sub.

People would be applauding theses girls more of Ronda wasn't as good as she was.

Ronda is just a once in a generation talent. Look at Michael Jordan, dude won 6 NBA Championships with his Bulls Teams having records of 72-10 and 69-13. Does that mean the Charles Barkley's, Reggie Millers, Patrick Ewings, Karl Malones, Clyde Drexlers of the world sucked?!

No it means Jordan was just a level above everyone just like Ronda is a level above her competition.

Even when they are beating each other those girls just don't pass the eye test. Ronda's Judo plus BJJ passes the eye test. It's world class and something special unlike anything those other girls.

Cyborgs brawling passes that test as well.

Shes fighting the best there is.

Issue is the best there is are barely amateurs. They are not great athletes do not show true fighter mentality or instinct.

Shes fighting tomatos.

There are only 3 legit women fighters, all 3 fight in different weight classes.

Win or lose, nobody will call Cyborg a can if Ronda steamrolls her. People call her other opponents cans because they are.

Probably, but this thread was about level of competition, not about popularity, Kimbo was also one of the biggest stars in the sport.

Probably, but this thread was about level of competition, not about popularity, Kimbo was also one of the biggest stars in the sport.

was kimbo the best fighter in his division?

must have missed that somewhere

Watching Ronda destroy the best competition around within a minute is “weird” but enjoying sweaty male wrestle fucking for 25 minutes is legit and “hardcore”??? Hmmm…

and is the only one of ronda's opponents who wasn't legit, was a can, did not beat anybody and talked her way into title shot by beating ronda's friends

now everybody wants to pretend that the whole division is made of bethes. are you telling me that even fedor never fought against cans?

ronda was beating the likes of julia budd before she was even in the ufc

Until ronda fights her cro cops and nogeira's and randlemans, and colemans. STFU....

Until ronda fights her cro cops and nogeira's and randlemans, and colemans. STFU....

julia budd was a cro cop to ronda rousey and she did better than fedor in that respect

so yeaah....

Ronda is a pioneer of women's MMA. No one can deny that.

It's when the comparisons to here male counterparts are made. That's when problems arrive. She's impressive in the context of WMMA. But if you compare her to say, Jose Aldo, then it's obviously a silly comparison. You can't make a case for Ronda being as impressive as Aldo. Or Dillashaw. Or Mighty Mouse. You just can't. The fighters they are beating are simply much more skilled than the ones Ronda are.

i wish i could find a link, but i read somewhere that the majority of rondas opponents still have day jobs. and train on the side

Like I've said many times. ronda is fighting part time mma fighters. the other time they are aerobic instructors....

julia budd was a cro cop to ronda rousey and she did better than fedor in that respect

so yeaah....
Julia Budd's best victory is Germaine de Randamie. A woman with a 5-3 record.

WMMA is the definition of being in it's infancy.

this is what happens when a half way decent guy on the ground faces ronda. Its like me facing my daughter. my 7 year old daughter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9xjs2fWJEs

Notice the ease at which Mousasi manhandles her, without breaking a sweat, as rousey tries in vane. This is what happens.

Back