Robert Whittaker vs. Jared Cannonier Booked For UFC 254 Oct. 24

Who Wins?

• Robert Whittaker

• Jared Cannonier

Results are only viewable after voting.
Damn! Whittaker not fooling around this time. Gotta go with Cannon due to power, durability, size. But Whittaker did beat Romero twice so not counting him out

If Edmund beats Brunson by a viscious KO in the first round or something he will fight Till or Hermansson.

And then if he beats them he will get a TS since he is a very hot prospect with a lot of hype
If he beats Brunson then he should fight Till and if he beats Till then he should fight either Rob or Jared and if he beat one of them there is no doubt that he will fight for the belt

A very quick turnaround for Rob. Not typical of his standards. I hope he makes it to the date healthy, without pulling out. Clear Number 1 contender fight. Cannonier has not fought in a year, and this fight was booked in March, before Rob had to pull out.

Am I the only one who thought Whitaker looked like shit vs Till? I know that was a chess match but Whitaker didnt really shine in that fight at all.

I think Cannonier wipes him although I want the Reaper to win
Robert was shooking the TKO loss to Adesanya and Till can be tricky.

But yes. He didn't looked that great. I expect him to look better this time and to beat Cannonier.

The difference in the level of competition Robert and Jared have faced its huge.

wow surprised this fight is official.... former LHW vs former WW. Later Bobby, back to WW after this fight? Jared by knock-out pretty easy to pick, no offense to Bobby who has a great resume at MW.

Jack or even Kelvin would've been a better pick IMO.
You really wanna contrast it, 9 out of 17 Jared fights were at HW. Anyways, nobody wants to fight Jared, so this is awesome of Robert to accept it. But, besides Izzy and Till, I think Whittaker is a grueling night for everyone else at MW. So this should be competitive. Skill wise I'd give the edge to Bobby Knuckles - his experience and opponents he's faced is just far greater. But... you can only do so much after few of those leg kicks from the cannon. Can't wait.

This is a very tough fight for the former champ. Mad respects to him for taking this fight. I wish Whittaker well. MW Cannonier is a beast.

Good point. I just think Jared's mental is bulletproof. I could be wrong though.
I don't doubt Jared's mental. He certainly seems to be on a level of supreme self confidence with the physical capabilities to boot. But there is only so long the mental can overcome age and injury. At UFC 248 I was absolutely favoring him and thought it was an ill advised fight for Rob, especially at that time.

With that said, Rob kinda owes Jared and the fans this fight after the way he pulled out. I understand everyone has to deal with their mental issues but once the bout was signed and scheduled then there's no excuses besides injury or family emergency. He pretty much did duck the fight. Any other fighter would have gotten shit for that but we love Rob.

Hopefully both come in great shape and we see some brutality.

Last edited:
Who of the three is best match up for Izzy? Paulo, Jared, Whittaker

Damn Rob.... chill bro. Shoulda taken a fight with Hermansson instead. Will watch, just feel bad for Rob going in there with false confidence from his last win. Cannonier will punish him.

Yeah the man can crack.
Chill?

Whittaker is the former champ.

I don't doubt Jared's mental. He certainly seems to be on a level of supreme self confidence with physical capabilities to boot. But there is only so long the mental can overcome age and injury. At UFC 248 I was absolutely favoring him and thought it was an I'll advised fight for Rob, especially that time.

With that said, Rob kinda owes Jared and the fans this fight after the way he pulled out. I understand everyone has to deal with their mental issues but once tge bout was signed and scheduled then there's no excuses besides injury or family emergency. He pretty much did duck the fight. Any other fighter would have gotten shit for that but we love Rob.

Hopefully both come in great shape and we see some brutality.
How can you say he ducked Cannonier when Cannonier got injured in early Februrary and would have had to pull out anyway? Makes even less sense then for Whittaker to sign to fight Cannonier if he legitimately ducked him in the first place. Sounds like you're getting nervous for you boy's fight, and hell with it at the Apex maybe you should be.

Back